Besides old chinny Aldo, who has Conor 1 punch KOd?

Who has Khabib even fought is a better Question. Why would you bet the house on an untested wrestler who has visions of grandeur about his striking during fights??

Betting the house is as bad a decision as having your dad in your corner.

blue-michael-conlan-celebrates-with-coach-billy-walsh-and-coach-zaur-anita-782012-390x285.jpg
This is simply untrue. Edson is a better all-around striker, he has more weapons and is more technical than Conor. To pretend that one or the other has not been at least mildly tested is inaccurate. And can we PLEASE avoid treading into "visions of grandeur" territory? That is a whole thing that needs not be touched

This is simply untrue. Edson is a better all-around striker, he has more weapons and is more technical than Conor. To pretend that one or the other has not been at least mildly tested is inaccurate. And can we PLEASE avoid treading into "visions of grandeur" territory? That is a whole thing that needs not be touched

Who is Edson? Did he invent a light bulb or something? Connor fought recognizable people. Khabib has only faced people who don’t have pictures on draft kings.

Dude thought he was Mohammad Ali in the middle of a fight with a striker. I’ll switch it to delusional to make you feel better.

I'll wait.

Here is a hint: Its no one. Conor has only one punch KOd an Aldo who we now know has gone chinny, and no one else. Khabib has never been knocked down or knocked out.

Bet the house on Khabib.

There is more than just his UFC fights.

Who is Edson? Did he invent a light bulb or something? Connor fought recognizable people. Khabib has only faced people who don’t have pictures on draft kings.

Dude thought he was Mohammad Ali in the middle of a fight with a striker. I’ll switch it to delusional to make you feel better.

You're being intentionally ridiculous. You're only in this thread to sing the gospel of a particular fighter and not to have a conversation about legitimate factors and you appear to be unwilling to acknowledge my point about Edson Barboza. In all the tape I see no evidence that Khabib was arrogant about his striking ability, he was obviously trying to march down opponents in order to close distance quickly and move into the clinch. Whether or not he can do that for his entire career is a topic for discussion.
Change the words to whatever you want, you are just throwing them around so it isn't as though they mean anything.

Conor has plenty of KOs and TKOs, doesn't really matter if its one punch or several punches, one round or two. Conor has the speed, accuracy and power to get the early finish. If Khabib gets the fight to the ground, McGregor is in huge trouble and will likely be severely brutalized. Even if Conor can withstand the initial onslaught of Khabib with top control (he gave up against Nate Diaz when the going got bad rather than fight through adversity), he will end up with the cardio gas tank on zero pretty quickly. I would put my $$$ on Khabib. But he better take Conor seriously and work on his game plan and follow the plan. Conor is a great counter-puncher and Alvarez looked like a drunk high school fighter against Conor.

I'll wait.

Here is a hint: Its no one. Conor has only one punch KOd an Aldo who we now know has gone chinny, and no one else. Khabib has never been knocked down or knocked out.

Bet the house on Khabib.
in your case bet the rental trailor

Barboza has dropped 4 of his last 8 bouts. Stop

Edson has dropped 4 of his last 8 bouts. Stop
You might be right about that, I have not checked his recent record in MMA, but I am not sure how that makes anything I said less true. Is Edson the better, more experienced striker with more weapons and more striking credentials? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edson_Barboza.
The answer is yes if you're an objective person and you take the time to look at striking pedigree. Compare the two. Go ahead and compare their striking pedigrees.
I didn't bother with MMA. The reason is because my point is about being tested by opponents who can exploit their weaknesses. Edson is one of those people and he is by far a bigger test than Mendes was on two weeks notice and a half cycle of steroids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back