Besides Nate vs Conor,whats your favorite instance of someone stepping up on short notice,and why?

I know it's predictable but Bisping against Rockhold was heartwarming.

Manc warrior. Not the most skilled. Not the most gifted. Just a solid warrior with the heart of a lion. Long career, made himself part of the furniture in the world and history of mma. Could not beat the elite guys and it looked like he never would.

Then comes his chance to win the gold. The rest of that two weeks could make a story in itself haha.

Great stuff from this bard's pov:)

Left Hook Larry stepping up to fight Rockhold and beating him so badly he turned to modeling and evolved into rocksalt
giphy.gif

Best part of it was when fight was about to start and big John was going over the rules. Rockhold denied Bisping the glove touch.

Buddeh - No touch?
Rocksalt - No touch.
Buddeh - No worries, i'm gonna touch you in a second motherfucker.

and then the gif happened.

Rarely cheered for Bisping prior to that, but that shit won me over.

I dont get the hate for Bisping though...He is way better than his haters say he is. He also comes to fight and has never backed down from anyone...

Well i do rememeber TJ having to fight Soto on short notice when Barao pulled out.

I'm pretty sure TJ was originally meant to fight mizugaki, but then something fell through and they bumped him up to a championship fight with Barao the first time. Might have been like a month before the fight....Not sure what constitutes as short notice around here.

Rolled into Vegas, fought, made $600K, rolled out.

The loss really did nothing good or bad to his career given the circumstances. That's how it's done!
It was essentially wrestling practice too. Easiest cheddar Andy's ever made. Poor DC, it was a lose-lose, nothing good could have come from it.

I dont get the hate for Bisping though...He is way better than his haters say he is. He also comes to fight and has never backed down from anyone...
I TOTALLY get it. Casuals who got into ufc around ufc 100 saw bisping as the heel get koed by hendo,and thats all that they think of when they see him. They dont see a guy who refused to give up,even at the prospect of going blind in one eye,even getting stopped by trt monsters,and luke rocksalt. Bisping has outlived most of his contemporaries and never stopped believing in himself while these aforementioned casuals,who now think they are hot shit that knows a thing or two completley slept on the count. Also all the heat bisping generates in his matches,they fall for,hook,line and sinker,and their money all enters his pocket buddeh.

Back