Besides Nate vs Conor,whats your favorite instance of someone stepping up on short notice,and why?

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Hunt vs Wand stands out to me. Its a fight that probably wouldnt have happened normally,and it was actually a classic fight. It also showcased Wanderlei's bravery (and love of money) as its the second time he fought a k-1 top shelf fighter,and he wasnt afraid to throw hands on him...and he was supposed to fight Sakuraba,you couldnt find a more different opponent in mark hunt. Bisping Rockhold is another one.

Left Hook Larry stepping up to fight Rockhold and beating him so badly he turned to modeling and evolved into rocksalt
giphy.gif

Bisping vs Rocksalt because

hi-res-76dbf95e4847603ee28847f9995235ab_crop_exact.jpg

Thanks buddeh

Bisping/Rockhold 2

Bisping vs rockhold was hilarious, even though bisping is the weakest champion ever and it makes the division look like shit.

GOATspider vs Cormier

Rolled into Vegas, fought, made $600K, rolled out.

The loss really did nothing good or bad to his career given the circumstances. That's how it's done!

Bisping vs Rocksalt because

hi-res-76dbf95e4847603ee28847f9995235ab_crop_exact.jpg

Thanks buddeh

"I'll beat you with one leg"

"I'll crawl in there and still beat you"

"I'm gonna retire you"

*a few moments later*

iZQhPwF.jpg

NEPYU1mObMmrTS_2_b.jpg

In recent memory not including Bisping. His fight with Ferguson was a blast.

The loss really did nothing good or bad to his career given the circumstances. That's how it's done!
On 2 days notice against a top 5 p4p on the division above
It doesn't get more ballsy than that

Gotta go with Leben stepping up to fight Sexyama 3 weeks after he beat Aaron Simpson, pulling off the come-from-behind 3rd round submission win

Yeah, and was amazing when you consider Anderson had all of two days notice and fought the champ of a heavier weight class.

"I'll beat you with one leg"

"I'll crawl in there and still beat you"

"I'm gonna retire you"

*a few moments later*

iZQhPwF.jpg

It was beautiful. That post fight press conference was amazing. Bisping is so humble.

S
Hunt vs Wand stands out to me. Its a fight that probably wouldnt have happened normally,and it was actually a classic fight. It also showcased Wanderlei's bravery (and love of money) as its the second time he fought a k-1 top shelf fighter,and he wasnt afraid to throw hands on him...and he was supposed to fight Sakuraba,you couldnt find a more different opponent in mark hunt. Bisping Rockhold is another one.
Silva Bonnar was good just how silva played with him made it better

Couture vs Chuck 1 , it was hilarious and awesome at the time to see the ass whooping Couture gave Liddell. If you remember UFC 43 was supposed to be Liddell vs Tito.. but Tito didn't sign the contract and wanted more moneys and other things, so Randy came in late and proceeded to give Chuck a beatdown.

Back