Berto vs Rodriguez plus Witherspoon vs Arreola Tonight on HBO

The hate for Berto is funny, guy keeps winning and looks good 95% of the time. I hope he fights Clottey or Collazo next, after that he can fight the top dogs.

The hate for Berto is funny, guy keeps winning and looks good 95% of the time. I hope he fights Clottey or Collazo next, after that he can fight the top dogs.

Clottey taking on Judah for a belt. So that is not going to happen. But a Collazo fight would be a good gauge for him.

no doubt man. Berto is a beast. People are saying he looks smaller, but he is just wider. Cotto wont look that big against margarito for the same reason. Berto bullied rodriguez around and just brushed the shots he took off. He is fast as fuck and has some good power (not one punch power) behind those fast punches.

nipples looked decent tonight. the fight kind of reminded me of bj penn vs. sherk. good stoppage.

Clottey taking on Judah for a belt. So that is not going to happen. But a Collazo fight would be a good gauge for him.

I agree. I think thats the perfect opponent for him at this point. A guy who is clearly a top level fighter, but has lost to a couple of elite guys. His people really need to work that out for him.
Not saying he has no chance against the elite, but a lot of guys would be too big a step.

the sweat coming off of the pompadour hair cut made the ko look even better.

Nipples looked very good. Sure he throws wide, but he went for the kill and clearly has power. Would love to see him next fight the Tye Fields/Monte Barret winner. A shame the win is a DQ, as Nipples was the true victor and after those 2 knock downs, you can not agrue for Witherspoon.

Am about to watch the Berto fight, let's hope that next he fights a real top 10 guy.

He's a bit over-hyped imo.. That's instant haterbait. The fact that he got handed PBF's title just adds onto that. He has a lot to live up to now.

He's a bit over-hyped imo.. That's instant haterbait. The fact that he got handed PBF's title just adds onto that. He has a lot to live up to now.

Not Berto's fight that the WBC sucks and gave him such a poor opponent. Berto has been slowly stepping up, he clearly has amazing handspeed and now he can face a top 5 guy and show that he is worthy.

Not Berto's fight that the WBC sucks and gave him such a poor opponent. Berto has been slowly stepping up, he clearly has amazing handspeed and now he can face a top 5 guy and show that he is worthy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming Berto. I'm just saying that him getting a free title isnt going to win him any fans. Especially considering he hasnt really faced a true top guy to warrant a title and has, at times, struggled against mediocre opponents. IMO, the title should have at least been reserved for a quality match up.. like Zab vs. Clottey.

Back