Berto vs Rodriguez plus Witherspoon vs Arreola Tonight on HBO

pulpduff

Red Belt
Reaction score
Tonight's HBO card is seemingly lost in the shuffle (hard to compete with Abraham Vs Miranda II).

BUT:

It features exciting prospect/contender Andre Berto (21-0, 18KO's) vs Miki Rodriguez (29-2,23KO's) in what should be a bloodletting IMO.

also, to start the night off, they have undefeated HW's Chris Arreola (23-0, 15 KO's) vs Chazz Witherspoon (23-0, 15 KO's).
Somebody's O will probably go.

B.A.D. is on tonight.

DVR it @ least, as Berto is fun to watch.

Bostonmma Edit
Andre Berto 146 vs Miguel Rodriguez 145
Chazz Witherspoon 220 vs Chris Arreola 239

No need to DVR it. Miranda/Abraham fight takes place at 9 and it's the only fight that is going to be shown on that card. The whole broadcast should not last more than an hour. After the fight is done, you can roll into the HBO card. Good night for boxing. Going to call some friends, buy 5 12 packs of bud, and order a lot of buffalo wings. Woot!?

I will record it and watch after TUF. Big things are in store for Adre Berto and tonights fight could be interesting.

Man I love having to watch boxing on shitty internet streams :)

No need to DVR it. Miranda/Abraham fight takes place at 9 and it's the only fight that is going to be shown on that card. The whole broadcast should not last more than an hour. After the fight is done, you can roll into the HBO card. Good night for boxing. Going to call some friends, buy 5 12 packs of bud, and order a lot of buffalo wings. Woot!?

Fucking awesome!! I was thinking I'd have to choose... Bwaaaaahahahaha.

I like Berto's aggresive style. It should be a fun night.

As to the reality series finale... meh, I might watch it @ some point but certainly not live.

Ok, what's everyone's best case scenario?

Abraham, Arreola, Berto = mine.

Better for the sport if the people who are supposed to win, do. I'd bet Abraham Vs. Pavlik turns into a classic.

I think we win regardless of who wins in the abraham/miranda fight. I'll watch Miranda/Pavlik II in a heart beat

Really?

I've got Miranda (the world loves a power puncher)
Witherspoon-has a little name recognition @ least.(really, I don't care either way in this one though).
and Berto... the world loves an aggressive/entertaining fighter.

I think we win regardless of who wins in the abraham/miranda fight. I'll watch Miranda/Pavlik II in a heart beat

Absolutely,

It's a good fight however you look at it.

:icon_twis If Arthur wins, hes got 2 of Miranda, Pavlik has 2 over Taylor. Other than that....

Miranda vs Abraham, then TUF (who the hell wants to see a ufc card headlined by Grove/Tanner losing streak), then proba bly HBO

Really?

I've got Miranda (the world loves a power puncher)
Witherspoon-has a little name recognition @ least.(really, I don't care either way in this one though).
and Berto... the world loves an aggressive/entertaining fighter.

Witherspoon is the better prospect me thinks, but I love Chris's aggression and fighting style. I REALLY hope Berto looks great tonight, he could mix himself well into the best division of boxing.

Mirandas KO of Banks was the best KO this year had by FAR

Fucking awesome!! I was thinking I'd have to choose... Bwaaaaahahahaha.

I like Berto's aggresive style. It should be a fun night.

As to the reality series finale... meh, I might watch it @ some point but certainly not live.

I totally fucked up. I forgot there is the Raul Marquez/Giovanni Lorenzo fight on the undercard. So the fight is more than likely going to cut into the HBO broadcast. Oh well... You can go ahead and pass on the Arreola/Witherspoon fight. Neither of them are going to be the future of the heavyweight division. Miranda/Abraham fight is the one that matters tonight.

Arreola vs Witherspoon is a very solid heavyweight fight. People should not be dismissing this. Both guys are undefeated and looking to crack the top 15. I've been a huge Arreola fan for the past few years as he always throws a ton of punches and goes for the kill, very few heavyweights out there do that.

Arreola vs Witherspoon is a very solid heavyweight fight. People should not be dismissing this. Both guys are undefeated and looking to crack the top 15. I've been a huge Arreola fan for the past few years as he always throws a ton of punches and goes for the kill, very few heavyweights out there do that.

Don't get me wrong. Arreola fight could be interesting. It just that Miranda/Abraham fight is more important in my view. If you have to choose between the two, pick Miranda/abraham.

And you can always tivo the fight. If you have two tvs, you can watch both. That's what I plan to do. Watch both.

Raul Marquez has always been a tough son of a bitch. It's nice to see an old lion still trying his best to win a fight. Good show, old chum.

pretty strong stuff in the first round there. Arreola seemed like he was getting the worst of it, and then pummeled him in the last half minute.

It is all sloppy. I am not liking it. That is why I don't like Arreola and his chances in the heavyweight division.

Back