Berto vs Garcia Almost Done

Danny Garcia is always in competitive fights. I'm not going to dwell on who he fought least year. This fight is signed, might as well watch it and hope for the best.

Oh I'll watch. I expect a fair amount of action and some decent entertainment. The only thing it lacks is relevancy and competitiveness.

News to me! Thanks! That does clarify things.

Looked at the rankings though and I'm a bit surprised by the lack of some names on there and the placement of others.

when he sold 400+ PPVs.
You mean Floyd sold 400k ppvs for his last fight.

Dsg fan boys riding hard. Lmao

People hating on this fight because Danny turned down a career high payday and chance to be a true superstar vs PAC to face a faded Berto.

When did berto become a star? The same guy who got ko'ed by soto Karass and ghost?

When he signed to fight Floyd, he was neck and neck with Ray Robinson ATG status, lineal JWW, WW, and JMW champ all at the same time.

When he signed to fight Floyd, he was neck and neck with Ray Robinson ATG status, lineal JWW, WW, and JMW champ all at the same time.
I'd like to see a list of all the posters who said this.

I'd like to see a list of all the posters who said this.
56829757.jpg

I don't know where this "give me a list of posters" thing came from but I for one am in favor. I hate reading "well, some posters.." It's a strawman. Either disagree with the person you disagree with or don't bring it up. When I see that anymore, I don't even bother reading what that person said, because it obviously doesn't apply to me - otherwise they would have said it me - and quite frankly I don't care what a bunch of nameless people had to say about anything.

**furiously searches for posts where I've written "some posters"**

I don't know where this "give me a list of posters" thing came from but I for one am in favor. I hate reading "well, some posters.." It's a strawman. Either disagree with the person you disagree with or don't bring it up. When I see that anymore, I don't even bother reading what that person said, because it obviously doesn't apply to me - otherwise they would have said it me - and quite frankly I don't care what a bunch of nameless people had to say about anything.

**furiously searches for posts where I've written "some posters"**
Its a slimpickenz thing. He thinks its a clever way to win an argument if you don't spend hours poring over the search engine here reading 100's of 1000's of posts to find examples we all have read a thousand times when he demands it.

Really doesn't matter one way or the other to me. Specific examples lately don't really need lists. The Golovkin/Brook vs Canelo/Khan discussions, for example. We've all seen people be all over the board with their moral stances depending on if the discussion was about Canelo or if it was about Golovkin.

But certain posters here acting like it is out of line to make generalities are pretty well known for doing the exact same thing. We've all read slim posts about "mayweather fans" for years now, no one ever asked him for any lists. Biggest hypocrite on this site and he's proven it time and again.

We all generalize. It strikes me how defensive some people get in these conversations, like I'm talking about a member of their family or something. Its especially common in a sport like boxing where rivalries build. Personally I think the over the top objection to it over the past day or two is just sensitive fans doing damage control.

Berto on twitter talking about the fight with Danny isnt signed and cant find a source other than IG and Twitters to say it is.

Back