Economy Bernie's Tax Plan: enter your income and information and find out how much you'd save

Married, $100k, <$1000/yr on healthcare.

He would tax me $2000 more than I'm taxed now.

W38qNFq.png

$1,000 pa = 1 band aid every other month.

Rofl literally everyone who has a job and has reasonable healthcare costs is losing money.

Who the fuck makes 2 million and blows $100,000 on healthcare

Fun fact. Im Australia 1/2 your lifetime health care costs are in your last 12 months.

I wonder how that might look in America now and post Bernie.
I presume a good portion of healthy people who spend nothing on health have older family members.

can someone please explain why I owe $9,800 more!!!!
I'm 33 my fiance is 34 both in great health both with good BMI. This is horseshit!

Happy to.

Can you list your taxable income, personal insurance cost, employer insurance cost and your average out of pocket?

Do Wal-Mart employees get health care coverage?

I'm thinking anyone with a decent wage can expect to see increased income from reduced employer health costs (Why else are you getting more than min wage now if not market forces). But for the shit kicker who gets the legal minimum no such pressure exists.

I suppose they wouldn't see increased tax cost over health savings so kind of a moot point.
Ok forget I asked.

OK, so you are talking about a different tax outside of healthcare.

I'm not familiar with how he's going to tax corporations or pass through entities.

But I don't think we'll see corporate taxes back up to 35% as the want to lower them was pretty bipartisan (although I think 25% was the sweet spot).

The big difference was Dems wanted to offset the lower corporate rate by taxing passive income more aggressively.

Corporations never actually paid 35 or even 25% on business income when the rate was 35. At least by nobody who could afford an Excel spreadsheet and some ledger paper. It's such a crock of fucking shit when people banter those numbers about as if they have any realistic substance beyond fooling the rubes into thinking that corporations are unfairly picked on when compared to the taxation of wage earners.

Last edited:
Disclaimer
Bernietax.com is not an official campaign site and we are not affiliated with Bernie Sanders' or any of his associated organizations. We do not make any claims about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on this website is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of this information.
“What starts out as a simple idea tends to evolve into something that requires weeks or months to finish, so I don’t."
Anyway. My name is Martin. I'm a self-employed system developer and science enthusiast from Malmö, Sweden. I'm hoping to become an active blogger, but previous all attempts have been unsuccessful. I tend to get stuck on less important details, or start a new coding project testing my ideas. I never just write. What starts out as a simple idea tends to evolve into something that requires weeks or months to finish, so I don't. While researching a subject is always fun and interesting, writing about it has been difficult. Currently I'm loving Squarespace as it allows me to do just that, and the result looks great.
https://martinsoderholm.com/about
Seems legit to use this guys site to make important decisions about whether we want to support a major overhaul of healthcare is the United States.

i have spent the last 10 years hiding from the government and am not gonna go on some random website and give them my info so they can sell it to mexicans to get RealIDs.

Rofl literally everyone who has a job and has reasonable healthcare costs is losing money.

Even if that's true, the continuation of the status quo is basically an affirmation that some citizens' rights to pursue happiness don't matter. Most people do have "reasonable healthcare costs". The problem is that there's a minority of people who don't.

Even if that's true, the continuation of the status quo is basically an affirmation that some citizens' rights to pursue happiness don't matter. Most people do have "reasonable healthcare costs". The problem is that there's a minority of people who don't.

Is the minority you're referring to the same group who's pursuit of happiness doesn't matter?

We can acknowledge groups who are unable to pursue happiness, i.e. work: children seniors and the disabled. At the same time we already have countless programs designed to assist those very people. Social security, medicare, medicaid, disability insurance, charities...all those programs are slowly losing money and need to get propped up by other funding sources. Forcing another group into the same pool at gunpoint isn't going to be terribly effective.

Now I'll be the very first to admit that the republicans and Trump are straight up lying when they say they have a better alternative. They don't. Nobody does because nobody can make resources appear out of thin air. My point is this isn't a situation where the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few because attempting to satisfy the needs of the many will lead to no satisfaction for anyone. The needs of the few in this case outweigh the bloody impossible.

In other words, "Yeah".

Love that the people who are made to pay a lot more are ignored. I owe also $10,000 more under this plan
Didn't we just go through this? You clearly made a mistake somewhere.

Huh? It's not making any sense. You say your salary is 90k. You say that you pay $500 out of your paycheck each month for healthcare. This is only for the premium, and you haven't included other expenses. However, let's stick with that.

$500 * 12 months is $6000 dollars a year in premiums. You're earning 90k. Type in those two numbers and you stand to save $2.888 a year if you filed as single. If you're married and you both earn 90k, so 180k in total, and your family premium is still $6000, you stand to lose $224. This is not including deductibles or out of pocket expenses.

How on earth are you getting that you would lose $10.000 a year?

EDIT: Shit your wife makes big bucks. Putting in $6.000 a year in healthcare spending (only premiums, again, we need everything including your deductibles if your healthcare plan covers the entire family alone) and 320k income then you stand to lose $5824. Still not getting 10k.

I’ve already got great health care and can’t afford to pay $3000 annually. Obama only tried to screw me out of $500.

Hard pass on Bernie.

Disclaimer
Bernietax.com is not an official campaign site and we are not affiliated with Bernie Sanders' or any of his associated organizations. We do not make any claims about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on this website is strictly at your own risk, and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of this information.
“What starts out as a simple idea tends to evolve into something that requires weeks or months to finish, so I don’t."
Anyway. My name is Martin. I'm a self-employed system developer and science enthusiast from Malmö, Sweden. I'm hoping to become an active blogger, but previous all attempts have been unsuccessful. I tend to get stuck on less important details, or start a new coding project testing my ideas. I never just write. What starts out as a simple idea tends to evolve into something that requires weeks or months to finish, so I don't. While researching a subject is always fun and interesting, writing about it has been difficult. Currently I'm loving Squarespace as it allows me to do just that, and the result looks great.
https://martinsoderholm.com/about
Seems legit to use this guys site to make important decisions about whether we want to support a major overhaul of healthcare is the United States.
This post will be ignored

Who the fuck makes 2 million and blows $100,000 on healthcare
To be fair, I won't lose money under this shit but I do believe I'll lose quality of care. My fear is the obvious problems of sustainability for a plan like this. Once you give it to people, you can't take it back, even if it doesn't work.

– $3,224.00
Your annual disposable income would be lower
with a Sanders tax plan.

No thx.

Back