Economy Bernie's Tax Plan: enter your income and information and find out how much you'd save

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty neat website to illustrate the joys of progressive taxation for the vast, vast majority of people.

Here are some examples:

Single, annual income of $24,000 with $4,000 in annual healthcare costs = $3,528

Married, annual income of $35,000 with $10,000 in annual healthcare costs = $9,576

Single, annual income of $65,000 with $5,000 in annual healthcare costs - $2,888

Married, annual income of $95,000 with $7,500 in annual healthcare costs - $4,676

Married, annual income of $140,000 with $12,000 in annual healthcare costs - $7,376

Married, annual income of $300,000 with $6,000 in annual healthcare costs = $5,024

Married, annual income of $300,000 with $20,000 in annual healthcare costs = $6,598

Single, annual income of $200 million with $100,000 in annual healthcare costs = $37 million

https://www.bernietax.com/?fbclid=I...lN0NL4WilnRPafxcfuM-vf1jM#200000000;100000;mj

The site was not created by Bernie Sanders or his campaign. It was created by Swedish computer program developer Martin Söderholm.

Interesting stuff.

Don't worry about it man...it won't get implemented anyway even if Bernie were to win...
giphy.gif

I'm sure costs will stay low. Government has always done a great job of doing that. I'm also glad that the rich will do the right thing and give up most of their profits and nothing bad will happen to the economy because of that. There's no way this could possibly create an inhospitable environment for economic growth.
I'm also certain it won't be the middle class footing the bill this time, like it usually is. Can't wait for this catch-free windfall.

Last edited:
I lost about 3k and I’d lose my amazing healthcare coverage.

Edit: and that’s my problem here. I’m not a millionaire. I’m not even upper middle class. But under Bernie I lose both money AND my strong HC plan. Things I worked very hard for. How is this a benefit to me?

Married, $100k, <$1000/yr on healthcare.

He would tax me $2000 more than I'm taxed now.

W38qNFq.png

I’ll pay $1k more under Medicare For All

Very small price to pay for 87 million of my fellow Americans to be given the right to healthcare and for me to have the security of maintaining health coverage if I ever find myself in between jobs

Also, the peace of mind knowing if I need an emergency procedure that would otherwise cost me tens of thousands OOP is priceless

Its pennies in savings for me. I'd prefer to keep the insurance I have now.

My disposable income would be -2,500, but I’m plenty good with that.

So I put in 137k and 6k health cost (guessing this range for HC, I don't think we pay too much) and it says I'd save $1,496 a year. Sounds tempting, but the risk might not be worth it for me. People who pay more money in HC would benefit more I think.

Married

Annual income 190k
Health care cost yearly 1500

Taxed over 5k.

Fuck you Bern

Here's what I could do though. Pay a doc to write up one of them prescriptions for some expensive painkiller or depressant drugs so my health care costs triple for both the wife and I and BOOM! I break even.

I'm sure costs will say low. Government has always done a great job of doing that. I'm also glad that the rich will do the right thing and give up most of their profits and nothing bad will happen to the economy because of that. There's no way this could possibly create an inhospitable environment for economic growth.
I'm also certain it won't be the middle class footing the bill this time, like it usually is. Can't wait for this catch-free windfall.
Are you implying that the whole world won't be filled with sunshine and lollypops just because that delusional old man wouldn't know a viable economic plan from his wrinkled asshole?

I lost about 3k and I’d lose my amazing healthcare coverage.

Edit: and that’s my problem here. I’m not a millionaire. I’m not even upper middle class. But under Bernie I lose both money AND my strong HC plan. Things I worked very hard for. How is this a benefit to me?

What are your inputs? If you are "not even upper middle class" and have a "strong HC plan," I'm guessing you're not entering correctly, or rather not factoring the money your employer deducts from your income for your health insurance costs.

But, yeah, if you lose money, this isn't a benefit to you specifically. Pretty obvious, really. Just like the recent Trump tax plan was maybe a benefit to you but was detrimental to some 80% of taxpayers.

Married, $100k, <$1000/yr on healthcare.

He would tax me $2000 more than I'm taxed now.

W38qNFq.png

You make $100k a year and don't have health insurance? Because that's the only way your healthcare costs would be that low: that you're just gambling that you won't get hurt or sick.

If anything, in that case we should tax you at a higher rate for being a moron.

Are you implying that the whole world won't be filled with sunshine and lollypops just because that delusional old man wouldn't know a viable economic plan from his wrinkled asshole?
I really can't see any issues. I mean, how could free health care for all go wrong for a country that can't secure its borders? The rich are going to do right by us. Maybe I'll retire early.

What are your inputs? If you are "not even upper middle class" and have a "strong HC plan," I'm guessing you're not entering correctly, or rather not factoring the money your employer deducts from your income for your health insurance costs.

But, yeah, if you lose money, this isn't a benefit to you specifically. Pretty obvious, really. Just like the recent Trump tax plan was maybe a benefit to you but was detrimental to some 80% of taxpayers.

what do you consider upper middle class? To me it’s a household with >250k a year annually. I would say those people are doing pretty well. I’m nearly there married filing separately.

My healthcare is best in class and I earned that through years of hard work to get where I am. I’m
not unsympathetic to those with poor HC, but I certainly don’t want to lose mine.

I really can't see any issues. I mean, how could free health care for all go wrong for a country that can't secure its borders? The rich are going to do right by us. Maybe I'll retire early.
Not just free health care, don't forget free education and god knows what other handouts. Awful nice of the rich folks to just bend over and take it up the ass to pay for everything. I'm sure they won't be resentful in any way. :rolleyes:

I lose money
Wow what a deal
And this is on a likely bullshit equation

Back