Bernie's new anti welfare build

japman40

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Instead of making taxpayers foot the welfare bill from workers who work for huge rich corporations, he's trying to pass a bill passing that cost to the rich corporations who are underpaying their hardworking employees.

Discuss

Last edited:
Bernie would have a “heart attack “ before he could get close to that subject

But letting corporations pay so little that employees need assistance is just stupid. Pay a living wage.

Oops meant anti welfare bill, was in a hurry, can a mod update thread heading thanks

Bernie would have a “heart attack “ before he could get close to that subject

But letting corporations pay so little that employees need assistance is just stupid. Pay a living wage.

It's anti welfare bill indirectly. Either they get tax or increase wages. Either way the tax payer doesn't foot the bill

Sounds like an anti corporate welfare bill to me.

@japman40
It's anti welfare bill indirectly. Either they get tax or increase wages. Either way the tax payer doesn't foot the bill

The tax payer always foots the bill, one way or another

I wonder what excuse the cronies will have when they vote this bill down.

I’m not exactly sure what he wants - higher minimum wages? Those Amazon workers are free to leave, free to unionize, free to organize, free to negotiate.

Bernie is a true nanny.

I’m not exactly sure what he wants - higher minimum wages? Those Amazon workers are free to leave, free to unionize, free to organize, free to negotiate.

Bernie is a true nanny.

He wants workers from these huge employers to get paid enough to not use welfare on the taxpayers expense. He wants to end corporate welfare as well.

Even if Bernie's $15 per hour "living wage" became federal law, a mom with just one child would still be eligible for SNAP benefits.

Has Bernie put a dollar amount on the wage he expects highly profitable corporations like Amazon to pay entry level employees in order to avoid the tax?

Even if Bernie's $15 per hour "living wage" became federal law, a mom with just one child would still be eligible for SNAP benefits.

Has Bernie put a dollar amount on the wage he expects highly profitable corporations like Amazon to pay entry level employees in order to avoid the tax?

The bill basically has the huge wealthy corporations that have over 500 employees pay 100% tax on any welfare their employees are collecting on.

So if one of their employees is collecting 300 dollars in welfare benefits a month, the rich corporations will have to pay that back to the government

The rich corporations will just pass costs along to consumer. If there only some way to get them to price compete, or make them payout more.

The rich corporations will just pass costs along to consumer. If there only some way to get them to price compete, or make them payout more.

Consumers can just buy from cheaper, smaller companies. The bill only affects companies who have over 500+ employees.

Yes but it will only affect the consumers who buy from them. Consumers can still price shop for the cheapest version of what they need. And sure, we'd see a price increase but it's unlikely to cost us individually a significant amount more and it would save us on the national budget.

I don't have a problem with this. I think that people who get upset about individual welfare are missing the bigger issue which is corporate welfare. The individual welfare is tied to the corporate welfare and we should focus on the source of the problem.

Yes but it will only affect the consumers who buy from them. Consumers can still price shop for the cheapest version of what they need. And sure, we'd see a price increase but it likely cost us individually a significant amount more and it would save us on the national budget.

I don't have a problem with this. I think that people who get upset about individual welfare are missing the bigger issue which is corporate welfare. The individual welfare is tied to the corporate welfare and we should focus on the source of the problem.
are you sure you still a republican?
237e1ca6-44ff-4326-a5fb-9d4bea32eb4e.png

are you sure you still a republican?
237e1ca6-44ff-4326-a5fb-9d4bea32eb4e.png
Of course, I've just become a better informed one.

I can be against welfare while recognizing that the larger economic issues that drive it aren't the result of people being too lazy to work.

Corporate welfare is still someone suckling at the teat of big government. If I'm going to start punishing people for abusing the government's largesse - I should start with the people who least need it. And multinational corporations fit that bill.

I don't allow myself to be distracted by politicians railing about Mexicans and blacks. I follow the money. And if someone is collecting welfare while working a full time job then I want to know why/if the corporation is collecting government money somewhere else. Amazon has government contracts. Walmart takes SNAP. Yet they both have billions in revenue and potential profits. These are examples, to me, of double dipping. I've complained about corporate welfare for years at this point.

I can't be one of those Republicans who's only concerned about sticking it to poor people, lol.

Always funny the hypocrisy of the posters here who look the other way on corporate welfare but are ready to lynch a welfare mom who gets 200$ worth of EBT.

Back