Bernie Talks Vet Out of Suicide Over Medical Debt. Update: Bernie to the Rescue

Well that was certainly good of him. Now lets set up a totalitarian dictatorship run by a guy who has never had a day job or personally managed anything of significance. I'm sure it will be paradise.

She stated in her thirties but she was on the higer end but not juvenile Huntingtons.
You will be fine they will have a cure.

I know this is bring back bad memories for you and me.

I even looked at some her pictures today.

She had her tubes tied at an early age not wanting to pass on the gene.
Yeah my mom had not idea she had it until the symptoms set in at around 50. She was born in the UK and had no contact with her biological family.
Let's pray they do develop a cure ASAP. Dementia, parkinsons, Cancer, etc basically anything you can think of. They don't hold a candle to the nightmare that is Huntingtons. It sucks we had a close up personal look at it of a loved one.

Last edited:
Yeah my mom had not idea she had it until the symptoms set in at around 50. She was born in the UK and had no contact with her biological family.
Let's pray they do develop a cure ASAP. Dementia, parkinsons, Cancer, etc basically anything you can think of. They don't hold a candle to the nightmare that is Huntingtons. It sucks we had a close up personal look at it of a loved one.
You will always be in my thoughts...You will be fine!

Well that was certainly good of him. Now lets set up a totalitarian dictatorship run by a guy who has never had a day job or personally managed anything of significance. I'm sure it will be paradise.

You do realize you are describing Trump right?

Any real answer that people shouldn't be responsible for their debt or will you just keep moving the goalposts?

Depends on the nature of the debt, the terms of it, and how it was acquired.

Trading debt for life doesn't seem like a very fair deal to me.

Christians are supposed to take a pretty strong stance against usury, but you seem to be arguing in favor of it.

Weird.

Any real answer that people shouldn't be responsible for their debt or will you just keep moving the goalposts?

Any real argument as to why you think its normal for people to go bankrupt over healthcare?

The vet has Huntington's disease.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/huntingtons-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20356117

Huntington's is the worst.. My girlfriend of 10 years had it and now she is gone. Three years ago.

When I met her she had her own place, car, and she was perfectly normal, in the end she was on a ventilator and before that I was in the care center with her feeding food to her with a spoon.

There is no cure, just death.

Suicide is an option.

Shiiiiit...sorry to hear that. My sympathies

Any real argument as to why you think its normal for people to go bankrupt over healthcare?
I have a real argument as to why I shouldn't have to pay for it for you.

Lol at having a developed country without healthcare for all. You guys live in a shithole.
And then you talk to Americans and they think they're the only smart ones and everyone else has got it all wrong. That privatizing all of health care leads to more access and better service.
Ask them how free they would feel if they lost their job and their kid developed cancer. "Pshhht, it'll never happen" they say. And then nearly half of families dealing with a member who has cancer has to declare bankruptcy even when they do have coverage.
"it'll never happen" they think

I have a real argument as to why I shouldn't have to pay for it for you.
You pay for others because it contracts others into protecting you if you do get cancer.

This story was from a while back, but here is an update (second video) with a happy ending.

After the first video went viral, all those mean, nasty Bernie supporters chipped in and paid off this veteran's crushing medical debt.

Bernie helps everybody.
Hillary wants to be the candidate?
He helps,
AOC wants to abolish ICE ?
He helps,
BLM wants to “speak”?
He helps,
People working in his campaign wants to send people to Gulags and re-education centers?
He will probably help with that too.

He just cant help keep “helping” .

What totalitarian dictatorship policies are you referring to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back