1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Bernie Talks Vet Out of Suicide Over Medical Debt. Update: Bernie to the Rescue

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by luckyshot, Jan 24, 2020.

1. luckyshot Voted Most Reasonable Platinum Member

This story was from a while back, but here is an update (second video) with a happy ending.

After the first video went viral, all those mean, nasty Bernie supporters chipped in and paid off this veteran's crushing medical debt.

2. Jim Cozad Jr. Banned Banned

"Nobody likes him"...

3. AlexDB9 Banned Banned

Cool. Caring about someone and being charitable is awesome

4. luckyshot Voted Most Reasonable Platinum Member

Yup. No one at all.

Especially the people who have helped him raise $80 million dollars (mostly in small contributions) for 2020.

5. bobgeese Steel Belt

Well if your goal is to elect someone who will make you feel better, then vote Bernie. I just hope you don’t also want someone with a prayer of actually getting any legislation passed.

6. Happy Man Banned Banned

That’s the idea.

these SJW tards with their college debt can piss off. They can pay it back.

medical debt on the other hand, would be sweet if the government paid it off for everyone. Nobody asks for cancer. Nobody willing signs up for Parkinson’s.

7. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

In before fat shamers...

8. Happy Man Banned Banned

Ah, how about we make it fair then. If you are yourself into diabetes....that’s on you? Smoked yourself into lung disease it’s on you? Stuff like that.

9. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

Yeah. Very awesome. Now imagine if the socio-economic policies of an entire nation were informed by this same ethic...

10. RoJo303 Banned Banned

That a boy, Bernie. I think even the most far right wingers would rather Bernie than Hillary. Bernie, as whacky as he is, is not corrupt and has always tried to stick by what he preaches. As Chris Hedges says, Bill Clintons miracle was that he made the democrat party the Republican Party and pushed Republicans so far right they became the crazy party.

People keep talking about proposed policy and campaign platitudes, but the only thing that matters is getting out the corruption. Us peasants are arguing over crumbs while trillions is funneled to war and the whole of Washington is co-opted by Epstein figure that bind politicians to be blackmailed to a select few. FDR would be a radical flaming lib by today's standards but was just a pro people POTUS....y'know, what he signed up to do? Not that radical.

11. AlexDB9 Banned Banned

I could go on about some things, but I’m just going to leave it at: it was a good thing to do. No sense in turning this thread into a copy of other ones

12. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

Just say... "You can't be compassionate with other people's money," like a good little right-wing Sherdogger. :)

13. Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

Darn those lazy entitled Bernie supporters, they just want free stuff without contributing anything to society.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. PainIsLIfe Steel Belt

Dont vets get free/low cost care from the VA?

Sounds like this guy went to a for profit hospital?

15. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

No, his benefits lapsed and he couldn’t afford to have them reinstated, Bernie worked with the Senators of his state to get him reinstated at a price he could afford. He also showed that he actually cared about this man. Not sure which was important.

Edit: and there isn’t a VA Hospital in every town in America. Some people have to see private doctors, thats why their Tricare plan is accepted at other places.

16. KeepItRealist Gold Belt

Come on. That's a soft ball. Like to see this dude's military service record.

17. Rational Poster Actually the Best Poster

I'm sure even if he just painted railings on a base in the states his service record still puts your life to shame and you have no right to judge him or anyone.

18. luckyshot Voted Most Reasonable Platinum Member

Bone spurs?

I like soldiers who don’t get caught?

19. KeepItRealist Gold Belt

Is Trump claiming he's going to commit suicide in some big dramatic scene to help a candidate he supports? I guarantee this does not look like it does on the surface. I'd like to see his record, why he let his benefits lapse and so on. What else is Bernie or anyone else going to say? Go kill yourself? Pfft.

20. My dad is a vet (honorably discharged) and was turned down from the VA because he made too much money.