Bernie Sanders takes Greenspan to school

Stay on track.

Greenspan openly admitted everything he knew was wrong in the end.

He called it a "FLAW". He basically said businesses need to be regulated much heavier and his lifetime ideology was incorrect.

Fuck Greenspan. Scum bag

Reminds me of that kid from that Charlie Sheen TV show who took the checks the whole time, then came out afterward and said the show was immoral. Get fucked you self serving **** gaggers. edit: I guess someone gagging on D isn't entirely self serving. So there's that.

re: Trump. Him being his own special interest doesn't mean he's better than someone being paid by special interests.

This one with Bernanke is quite interesting also. It would have been better if we received some solid answers though.

[YT]rCWXrMCGJT4[/YT]

Interesting factoid - Greenspan is married to MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell.

Big Dick Bernie has been swinging a big dick for a long time now

Trump only manufactured in China because he could.

He knows closing the gaps will force manufacturing back to the USA. Hes not paid for by the establishment unlike the other candidates.

Laughable. He just did it becayse it made him money, but now he cares about the American people so much that he will pass legislation to force a business practice he has never done.

That is some high level delusion.

Era of corruption:

Robert Rubin+Alan Greenspan+massive financial deregulation+corrupt hedge fun groups like PIMCO and Paulson&co.= financial disaster for unregulated derivatives markets.

All these pieces of scum should be in prison. Rockers island to be exact. Getting torn in the shower on a daily.

All scum. And anyone who defends them are equally as scummy.

Bernie is well-endowed.

Oh, that's right.

Honestly, like I've said before, I like Sanders well enough. I'd certainly vote for him if he wins the nomination. But stuff like the video in the OP doesn't make him look good.

Oh, that's right.

Honestly, like I've said before, I like Sanders well enough. I'd certainly vote for him if he wins the nomination. But stuff like the video in the OP doesn't make him look good.

What's so unattractive? He's a bit inflammatory, but he's calling out a financial official on the advocacy of silly supply-side economics and then misrepresenting it as some sort of grand progress. Greenspan had to move the goalposts twice in just that small excerpt just to maintain footing.

What's so unattractive? He's a bit inflammatory, but he's calling out a financial official on the advocacy of silly supply-side economics and then misrepresenting it as some sort of grand progress. Greenspan had to move the goalposts twice in just that small excerpt just to maintain footing.

He's wrong with the focus on a particular industry (which seemed to be what he was most upset about). If it were 100 years ago, he'd be decrying the move away from farming employment. We'd do more harm than good by using policy to prop up manufacturing employment. And he's directing his outrage at someone with no ability to do anything about it (kind of reminds me of the "who can I shoot?" scene in the Grapes of Wrath). It was just a big show of emotion. As I said, there were actual things he could have hit Greenspan with, but he didn't go there.

He's wrong with the focus on a particular industry (which seemed to be what he was most upset about). If it were 100 years ago, he'd be decrying the move away from farming employment. We'd do more harm than good by using policy to prop up manufacturing employment. And he's directing his outrage at someone with no ability to do anything about it (kind of reminds me of the "who can I shoot?" scene in the Grapes of Wrath). It was just a big show of emotion. As I said, there were actual things he could have hit Greenspan with, but he didn't go there.

Do you think that the relocation of manufacturing employment was intended (or allowed) by policymakers to make room for more progressive and current employment forms? I see no problem with incentivizing industry that will supply continued employment to blue collar workers and no problem in condemning a person who had such great influence on shitty policies that pretty clearly had no consideration for the majority of the population.

I'm also not sure how Greenspan can be viewed as a helpless, unimportant, or sympathetic character.

Cant disagree with anything Bernie said here. Bringing manufacturing jobs back to the American people instead of sending them to China. Now who else have I heard talk about that lately, but get chastised for it ? Hmm.

It's not just what you say, but how you say it.

Alan Greenspan was lauded as the second coming of Christ for the longest time.

He had enough pull to do just about snything he wanted to do. People literally hung from his ball sack.

So for people to say he had no control in things is a bit misleading. We got behind just about everything he proposed. Including deregulating derivative markets which years later crushed the middle class and filled the elites pockets with that money.

I don't understand how anyone could say Greenspan didn't have enough pull to control things. He had enough pull to do everything else he wanted to do.

Back