Bernie buys a new $600k summer home

This Thread is a great opportunity for "you" to finally voice your opinion on this. Should people use every tax lowering opportunity they have or not?

there's no middle ground, you either think yes it's okay to use our current tax code to find every deduction possible or you don't.

in my opinion you should use every deduction available to you that's why they are there.

I agree.. why would a person not use it to their advantage? You may not agree with a particular deduction but everyone wants to keep more of their money whether you are a liberal or conservative.

Yes, and it shows that he seems to agree with the "conservatards", never believed in his own bullshit, and gets every tax break he can to buy multiple houses. He could use Turbo Tax, write of no deductions and pay the amount he wants everyone else to pay, but nope, he seems to have different ideas about what a "fair share" is when it comes to his own money. So yes, it is because he's a liberal since that's who's railing against rich people.

How do you know how many houses he owns?

so you have no problem with him using every legal exemption he can to lower his tax rate. I wonder if you might have a problem with Trump using every legal exception he could for his tax rate.

Where is all these legal exemption prove at? I wanna see it.

No but you are expected to live by the level of means you prescribe for everyone else, especially if you want to achieve that by holding a gun to people's heads to take the fruits of their labor.

What level of means has he prescribed for everyone else?

This Thread is a great opportunity for "you" to finally voice your opinion on this. Should people use every tax lowering opportunity they have or not?

there's no middle ground, you either think yes it's okay to use our current tax code to find every deduction possible or you don't.

in my opinion you should use every deduction available to you that's why they are there.
Yes, I do believe that and I say I do. I don't say one thing to dupe millennials into voting for me and then do another because I'm not a hypocrite. My problem is with people who don't "practice what they preach".

No but you are expected to live by the level of means you prescribe for everyone else, especially if you want to achieve that by holding a gun to people's heads to take the fruits of their labor.

For a person that's in his late 70s and been making a six-figure salary for several decades, a $600k house is well within his means.

He goes on like a broken record about "the billionaire class" yet you morans throw a fit when he buys a house half of one million.

Is it not ok to obey the current tax code (take all deductions you can legally) but still fight to change the tax code?

Not where you can own several vacation homes priced over half a million if you propose a 90% marginal tax rate over 200K.

From what I can see Bernie owns a total of 2 homes. 1 of which he just purchased

hmmmm.... Funny how ALL of these politicians stumble in to money once they get to Washington.

For a person that's in his late 70s and been making a six-figure salary for several decades, a $600k house is well within his means.

He goes on like a broken record about "the billionaire class" yet you morans throw a fit when he buys a house half of one million.

Sounds like a lot of poor people complaining about it. They hear 600K and think it must be a mansion. 600k doesn't get you a mansion in MANY MANY towns across America

Where does his proposed 90% marginal tax rate start? Anything after $one billion?

Conservatives are so hypocritical it's really quite astounding. So a guy who has worked hard his entire life and has likely saved money throughout his life buys a relatively modestly priced home on the beach and conservatards go crazy?

So why is it that conservatives are always chanting, I work hard for my money so I have nice things and I'm not giving anything to nobody.

But when a guy who has worked his whole life buys a nice thing he gets ridiculed? Oh wait... He is a liberal so that explains it

Woah there Investigator let's slow down on that hateful rhetoric (which I bolded). You have to be a more careful with that "hard worker" language in this context of Bernie's privilege. Why do we call a senator waving around his finger and buying multiple expensive homes, including a summer vacation house (must be nice) a hard worker, but not mothers on welfare? I understand people are equal, and Bernie seems to be more equal than others, but let's use less hateful rhetoric here.

I hope you edit your post accordingly.

Why would someone have a problem if a person used legal exemptions? And we will will never know about Trump because he won't release his returns

Why do you need to see his tax return? The IRS audits him to ensure he plays by the rules.

From what I can see Bernie owns a total of 2 homes. 1 of which he just purchased

Maybe I'm going off of wrong information then, but as I understand he has several. Also, don't misunderstand me. I don't have problem with him owning fifty homes. I just expect that if he wants a society where most people are living at a lower standard of income, he should too.

Back