Bernie buys a new $600k summer home

I know we've spoken about it before, but you're an anarchist in the original/classic sense right?

I suppose to a degree. I can understand it and where the sentiments come from. I just disagree with it because I feel we are headed in the right direction and I value efficient order and what is being done over anarchy or a dissolving of the system.

If you want to know more just PM, I can discuss my views more clearly and won't derail the thread.

If you hold leftwing political positions you're obligated to live in a tent - some idiot

Show me prove that the money is from the campaign.

BTW Bernie never said he was against capitalism....So no a 600k house doesn't go against his principles.

so you have no problem with him using every legal exemption he can to lower his tax rate. I wonder if you might have a problem with Trump using every legal exception he could for his tax rate.

I suppose to a degree. I can understand it and where the sentiments come from. I just disagree with it because I feel we are headed in the right direction and I value efficient order and what is being done over anarchy or a dissolving of the system.

If you want to know more just PM, I can discuss my views more clearly and won't derail the thread.

Yeah good idea. I have a bad habit of taking these things off topic.

Conservatives are so hypocritical it's really quite astounding. So a guy who has worked hard his entire life and has likely saved money throughout his life buys a relatively modestly priced home on the beach and conservatards go crazy?

So why is it that conservatives are always chanting, I work hard for my money so I have nice things and I'm not giving anything to nobody.

But when a guy who has worked his whole life buys a nice thing he gets ridiculed? Oh wait... He is a liberal so that explains it

hello pot

so you have no problem with him using every legal exemption he can to lower his tax rate. I wonder if you might have a problem with Trump using every legal exception he could for his tax rate.

Why would someone have a problem if a person used legal exemptions? And we will will never know about Trump because he won't release his returns

That is not really a lot of money for a house, so your point is...?

Thought he took his vacations in Moscow? Or was that only when the commies were running things. Anyway looks like Hillary made a contribution to the Sanders Foundation if you get my drift, to smooth things over. So all in all not a bad outcome for the Bern....sure beats being found dead of a "self-inflicted" gunshot.

• I don't see what the issue is here. We are talking 600k.....not 6 million. For a man in his 70s that was reasonably smart with his money, a 600k dollar investment property isn't some crazy unattainable thing. I'm personally not all that far away from that point , and am nowhere near his age , another 10 years and am there. Tons of people......regular schmoes do the same thing everyday.
Stop financing a new car every 3 years and pissing away the majority of your income on eating out 4 nights a week , try to put your money to work for you instead, and you'll be surprised where it gets you.

If you hold leftwing political positions you're obligated to live in a tent - some idiot

No but you are expected to live by the level of means you prescribe for everyone else, especially if you want to achieve that by holding a gun to people's heads to take the fruits of their labor.

No but you are expected to live by the level of means you prescribe for everyone else, especially if you want to achieve that by holding a gun to people's heads to take the fruits of their labor.

So dramatic

The fuck it doesn't, and that's not his only house. I guess maybe he could approve of the dreaded "top 1%", just as long as they get it through forced tax revenue rather than voluntary transactions. You got played, son.

So you got not facts and you are assuming ok.

Bernie is a capitalist, believe it or not...he just wants justice.

This Thread is a great opportunity for "you" to finally voice your opinion on this. Should people use every tax lowering opportunity they have or not?

there's no middle ground, you either think yes it's okay to use our current tax code to find every deduction possible or you don't.

in my opinion you should use every deduction available to you that's why they are there.

You people are ridiculous. It's not legal to use campaign money to buy a house for yourself. Bernie's net worth is around 500,000, very low for a senator who has served this long.

His wife sold her family house.

"My family had a lake home in Maine since 1900, but we hadn't had the time to go there in recent years — especially since my parents passed away," she said. "We finally let go of it and that enabled us to buy a place in the islands — something I've always hoped for. ”

Conservatives are so hypocritical it's really quite astounding. So a guy who has worked hard his entire life and has likely saved money throughout his life buys a relatively modestly priced home on the beach and conservatards go crazy?

So why is it that conservatives are always chanting, I work hard for my money so I have nice things and I'm not giving anything to nobody.

But when a guy who has worked his whole life buys a nice thing he gets ridiculed? Oh wait... He is a liberal so that explains it

Yes, and it shows that he seems to agree with the "conservatards", never believed in his own bullshit, and gets every tax break he can to buy multiple houses. He could use Turbo Tax, write of no deductions and pay the amount he wants everyone else to pay, but nope, he seems to have different ideas about what a "fair share" is when it comes to his own money. So yes, it is because he's a liberal since that's who's railing against rich people.

Back