Bernie buys a new $600k summer home

nostradumbass

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Man of the people, anti-money crusader Bernie Sanders has bought another lake house for over half a million. He will still keep his other homes and will only use this for summer vacations.

Add this to his writing off every deduction he possibly could to make his federal taxes only 13% on an over $200k/year income, while collecting $46k in gov't social security benefits.

http://ijr.com/2016/08/668817-fresh...=ods&utm_term=ijpolitics&utm_content=politics

Stayed in North Hero at Shore Acres for the first night of my Honeymoon. 9/10 would stay again!

Came in hoping for pics. Nice house on a lake in VT is a dream of mine. No hate from me.

Show me prove that the money is from the campaign.

BTW Bernie never said he was against capitalism....So no a 600k house doesn't go against his principles.

Bernie is now officially a traitor and part of the rich class that most fellow Bernie fans resent. He is no longer a true believer in the needed revolution.

His lake house should be open to all. Free... why should old white men get to have so much more than everyone else? What about that farmer, construction worker or factory worker who works way more hours than Senator Sanders? Where is his lake house?

At the least his lake house should be open to Bernie fans who have been loyal to him. Like myself, Bernie endorsed Hillary and so did I.

I don't hate the guy for having that home. My house is a fraction of that and my vehicle is literally rusting through. But I don't think Bern should demonize the people that are good at making money. The people that do make money probably work hard. We're all trying to make more money.

Even as honest as Bernie is, its never for people of his philosophy to live by the morals they propose for society. They're just for everyone else.

Bernie is now officially a traitor and part of the rich class that most fellow Bernie fans resent. He is no longer a true believer in the needed revolution.

His lake house should be open to all. Free... why should old white men get to have so much more than everyone else? What about that farmer or construction worker who works way more hours than Senator Sanders? Where is his lake house?

At the least his lake house should be open to Bernie fans who have been loyal to him. Like myself, Bernie endorsed Hillary and so did I.

Isn't that an impetus for you to see that people naturally claim ownership over property, and by consequence the amount of force it requires to organize people to do otherwise?

Conservatives are so hypocritical it's really quite astounding. So a guy who has worked hard his entire life and has likely saved money throughout his life buys a relatively modestly priced home on the beach and conservatards go crazy?

So why is it that conservatives are always chanting, I work hard for my money so I have nice things and I'm not giving anything to nobody.

But when a guy who has worked his whole life buys a nice thing he gets ridiculed? Oh wait... He is a liberal so that explains it

Isn't that an impetus for you to see that people naturally claim ownership over property, and by consequence the amount of force it requires to organize people to do otherwise?

Yes it is. I am well aware that it means force. It is a violent act in of itself. "Fail to submit to our taxes and new order?" You get arrested, beaten and jailed and your assets taken.

I just have different beliefs.

Conservatives are so hypocritical it's really quite astounding. So a guy who has worked hard his entire life and has likely saved money throughout his life buys a relatively modestly priced home on the beach and conservatards go crazy?

So why is it that conservatives are always chanting, I work hard for my money so I have nice things and I'm not giving anything to nobody.

But when a guy who has worked his whole life buys a nice thing he gets ridiculed? Oh wait... He is a liberal so that explains it

It is because Bernie wants to raise taxes and is all about 'equality' and "free stuff" and sticking it to the rich who live in lalala land with their multiple homes, and lake front homes and jets or boats while the rest of humanity and America largely struggles.

They see it as Bernie not taking his own medicine. Bernie supporting redistribution for everyone but himself. Bernie likely won't let his lake front home become free to the public will he?

Bernie is an owner of land that the proletariat work and starve for. While fat cat Senators get paid nearly 200k a year.

Following Marxist theory, Bernie is part of the managerial Bourgeois class. In other words Bernie Sanders is clearly not part of the proletariat class.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • I don't even understand what the TS's criticism is.

Yes it is. I am well aware that it means force. It is a violent act in of itself. "Fail to submit to our taxes and new order?" You get arrested, beaten and jailed and your assets taken.

I just have different beliefs.

I know we've spoken about it before, but you're an anarchist in the original/classic sense right?

Show me prove that the money is from the campaign.

BTW Bernie never said he was against capitalism....So no a 600k house doesn't go against his principles.
The fuck it doesn't, and that's not his only house. I guess maybe he could approve of the dreaded "top 1%", just as long as they get it through forced tax revenue rather than voluntary transactions. You got played, son.

Interesting that he had the cash to buy this just weeks after bending over for Hillary.

I wonder how much of that bribe money he has left? $600k probably made a nice dent.

You missed my post.

Interesting that he had the cash to buy this just weeks after bending over for Hillary.

I wonder how much of that bribe money he has left? $600k probably made a nice dent.

I just read the article twice and I failed to see where it said he paid cash for the house. Have you ever purchased a home? You realize you don't need all cash right?

Back