Bernie and Shane Carwin

Pelosi2020

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Shane Carwin was one of my favorite fighters. There is no denying that he had dynamite in his hands. I would go as far as saying IMHO no one has ever hit harder. In his fight with GG when it seemed like he was losing it, just one titanic sized missile dropped on GG's chin and you knew you were looking at something special.
He brought an aura to every fight. You didn't know what was going to happen, all you knew was that there would be fireworks, and whatever the cost of the fight was, it was going to be money well spent. The anticipation and pure energy surrounding his fights was just intense.
In his last fight against JDS, a technical fighter, not a brawler, it starts off Rd1 and Carwin is trying to get a rhythm going trying to find his reach and timing. JDS on the other hand is reaching out and is firmly establishing his reach. The technician is starting to go to work while the brawler is stil trying to get his boots on. You still felt like Carwin was in this, just one good connection could change the momentum of the fight.
Rd2 starts and it picks up exactly where Rd1 left off. JDS is connecting more frequently and harder. Carwin begins to fade as the fight starts rapidly skewing in favor of JDS. At this point you realize the fine line which separates the good from the truly elite level fighters was just drawn between these two. Carwin was in a shark tank. As the drubbing intensified his face began to resemble hamburger meat, and you wished he would find a graceful way out. The 2rd can't end soon enough and at this point it is just a pause in the slaughter anyways.
Carwin stay on your stool. Rd3 is no place for you.

Bernie. Bernie. Come Tuesday evening, when you've done 2 rounds with Junior Dos Hillary, just stay on your stool.
Wednesday is no place for you.

Shane Carwin was one of my favorite fighters. There is no denying that he had dynamite in his hands. I would go as far as saying IMHO no one has ever hit harder. In his fight with GG when it seemed like he was losing it, just one titanic sized missile dropped on GG's chin and you knew you were looking at something special.
He brought an aura to every fight. You didn't know what was going to happen, all you knew was that there would be fireworks, and whatever the cost of the fight was, it was going to be money well spent. The anticipation and pure energy surrounding his fights was just intense.
In his last fight against JDS, a technical fighter, not a brawler, it starts off Rd1 and Carwin is trying to get a rhythm going trying to find his reach and timing. JDS on the other hand is reaching out and is firmly establishing his reach. The technician is starting to go to work while the brawler is stil trying to get his boots on. You still felt like Carwin was in this, just one good connection could change the momentum of the fight.
Rd2 starts and it picks up exactly where Rd1 left off. JDS is connecting more frequently and harder. Carwin begins to fade as the fight starts rapidly skewing in favor of JDS. At this point you realize the fine line which separates the good from the truly elite level fighters was just drawn between these two. Carwin was in a shark tank. As the drubbing intensified his face began to resemble hamburger meat, and you wished he would find a graceful way out. The 2rd can't end soon enough and at this point it is just a pause in the slaughter anyways.
Carwin stay on your stool. Rd3 is no place for you.

Bernie. Bernie. Come Tuesday evening, when you've done 2 rounds with Junior Dos Hillary, just stay on your stool.
Wednesday is no place for you.
Sorry bro I can't. Just too sober right now. Will read later when I'm high and drunk and only then will I understand. I'm like:
reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

So are you going to vote Hillary in the general or are you going to pout?

Just calling it now. Bernie is going to get carved up like a Christmas turkey.

Am I voting for trump or Goldman sachs, haven't decided yet, might protest vote.

I thought this thread was going to be a picture of Shane Carwin and Bernie, then you deliver that pile of crap. And to think I was about to share a story about when I met Carwin. Shame on you TS.

So are you going to vote Hillary in the general or are you going to pout?

Just calling it now. Bernie is going to get carved up like a Christmas turkey.

Hopefully he doesn't vote. If the DNC loses this election it's their fault. They deserve it at this point.

I thought this thread was going to be a picture of Shane Carwin and Bernie, then you deliver that pile of crap. And to think I was about to share a story about when I met Carwin. Shame on you TS.
I thought the thread was gonna be about Bernie picking Carwin for his VP. Boy do I feel silly.

I'm just the weatherman. Don't get upset when I predict it is going to rain tomorrow and it does.
The forecast is bright and sunny with a high probability of Bernie going 1 for 11.

Now tell your Shane Carwin story. I'm a huge fan and I've never forgiven JDS.

Whew, for a second there I thought you were going to say Carwin endorsed Sanders. Im so relieved.

Oh, and how are you liking the one party system's (two wings of the same bird) selection process?

Whew, for a second there I thought you were going to say Carwin endorsed Sanders. Im so relieved.

Oh, and how are you liking the one party system's (two wings of the same bird) selection process?

Pretty much this. They are two sides of the same coin. One plays bad cop, one plays good cop but most of the American people are none the wiser.

Carwin's power is ridiculously overrated. I don't see it as being particularly remarkable for a HW. And he really only had three big fights in his life--four against what I'd normally consider UFC-caliber talent (I get that Wain and Wellisch were in the UFC when he fought them, but you know). When I first saw him after reading all the hype, I predicted he'd never beat a top-10 HW. I was off by one (and, really, I didn't expect that he'd have an opportunity to get as easy a top-10 opponent as Mir).

Carwin's power is ridiculously overrated. I don't see it as being particularly remarkable for a HW. And he really only had three big fights in his life--four against what I'd normally consider UFC-caliber talent (I get that Wain and Wellisch were in the UFC when he fought them, but you know). When I first saw him after reading all the hype, I predicted he'd never beat a top-10 HW. I was off by one (and, really, I didn't expect that he'd have an opportunity to get as easy a top-10 opponent as Mir).
Exactly. And Brock is certainly not known to be a guy who can take punishment yet weathered the Carwin first round storm.

Carwin had good power but unremarkable as you said, but was very slow and predictable.

TS gets 5/10 from me for the attempt to tie MMA to a post to a political topic. It does appear, based on those who are good at predicting this stuff, that Bernie's is going to lose all but Vermont today and is a long shot in all the other states.

Am I voting for trump or Goldman sachs, haven't decided yet, might protest vote.
Say what? She wants to do this:

Hillary’s plan will tackle dangerous risks in the financial system:

• Impose a risk fee on the largest financial institutions. Banks and financial companies would be required to pay a fee based on their size and their risk of contributing to another financial crisis.

• Close the Volcker Rule’s hedge fund loophole. The Volcker Rule prohibits banks from making risky trading bets with taxpayer-backed money—one of the core protections of the post-financial crisis Wall Street reforms. However, under current law these banks can still invest billions through hedge funds, which are exempt from this rule. Hillary would close that loophole and strengthen the law.

• Discourage excessive risk-taking by making senior bankers accountable. Senior managers should lose some or all of their bonus compensation when a large bank suffers losses that threaten its overall financial health.

• Make sure no firm is ever too big and too risky to be managed effectively.Hillary’s plan would give regulators more authority to force overly complex or risky firms to reorganize, downsize, or break apart.

• Tackle financial dangers of the “shadow banking” system. Hillary’s plan will enhance transparency and reduce volatility in the “shadow banking system,” which includes certain activities of hedge funds, investment banks, and other non-bank financial companies.

• Impose a tax on high-frequency trading. The growth of high-frequency trading has unnecessarily placed stress on our markets, created instability, and enabled unfair and abusive trading strategies. Hillary would impose a tax on harmful high-frequency trading and reform rules to make our stock markets fairer, more open, and transparent.
Hillary would also hold both corporations and individuals on Wall Street accountable by:

• Prosecuting individuals when they break the law. Hillary would extend the statute of limitations for prosecuting major financial frauds, enhance whistleblower rewards, and provide the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission more resources to prosecute wrongdoing.

• Holding executives accountable when they are responsible for their subordinates’ misconduct. Hillary believes that when corporations pay large fines to the government for violating the law, those fines should cut into the bonuses of the executives who were responsible for or should have caught the problem. And when egregious misconduct happens on an executive’s watch, that executive should lose his or her job.

• Holding corporations accountable when they break the law. As she enhances individual accountability, Hillary will make sure that corporations don’t treat penalties for breaking the law as merely a cost of doing business, so that we can put an end to the patterns of corporate wrongdoing that we see too often today.
Doesn't sound like something Goldman would support.

Exactly. And Brock is certainly not known to be a guy who can take punishment yet weathered the Carwin first round storm.

Carwin had good power but unremarkable as you said, but was very slow and predictable.

Yeah, I chose the word carefully. I'm not saying he didn't hit hard, but I see no reason to think that he hit harder than Fedor, JDS, Nelson, Hunt, or a lot of other HWs. He took out Gonzaga (who's not exactly known for having a Huntian chin) with very little load, but it landed right on the button and Gonzaga was moving into it. That was kind of impressive, but it's not all-time stuff. Brock went down out of fear and handled Carwin's attack from there, JDS got caught cleanly a few times without much effect. Carwin landed about a billion clean shots to Mir. The Wellisch KO was nice, but you're talking about a guy who normally fights at LHW and wasn't a top-20 talent. It's really odd to me that so many people list him as the best HW puncher ever (shit, there was a recent thread where lots of people were talking about him as one of the p4p hardest punchers ever!).

Say what? She wants to do this:

Hillary’s plan will tackle dangerous risks in the financial system:

• Impose a risk fee on the largest financial institutions. Banks and financial companies would be required to pay a fee based on their size and their risk of contributing to another financial crisis.

• Close the Volcker Rule’s hedge fund loophole. The Volcker Rule prohibits banks from making risky trading bets with taxpayer-backed money—one of the core protections of the post-financial crisis Wall Street reforms. However, under current law these banks can still invest billions through hedge funds, which are exempt from this rule. Hillary would close that loophole and strengthen the law.

• Discourage excessive risk-taking by making senior bankers accountable. Senior managers should lose some or all of their bonus compensation when a large bank suffers losses that threaten its overall financial health.

• Make sure no firm is ever too big and too risky to be managed effectively.Hillary’s plan would give regulators more authority to force overly complex or risky firms to reorganize, downsize, or break apart.

• Tackle financial dangers of the “shadow banking” system. Hillary’s plan will enhance transparency and reduce volatility in the “shadow banking system,” which includes certain activities of hedge funds, investment banks, and other non-bank financial companies.

• Impose a tax on high-frequency trading. The growth of high-frequency trading has unnecessarily placed stress on our markets, created instability, and enabled unfair and abusive trading strategies. Hillary would impose a tax on harmful high-frequency trading and reform rules to make our stock markets fairer, more open, and transparent.
Hillary would also hold both corporations and individuals on Wall Street accountable by:

• Prosecuting individuals when they break the law. Hillary would extend the statute of limitations for prosecuting major financial frauds, enhance whistleblower rewards, and provide the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission more resources to prosecute wrongdoing.

• Holding executives accountable when they are responsible for their subordinates’ misconduct. Hillary believes that when corporations pay large fines to the government for violating the law, those fines should cut into the bonuses of the executives who were responsible for or should have caught the problem. And when egregious misconduct happens on an executive’s watch, that executive should lose his or her job.

• Holding corporations accountable when they break the law. As she enhances individual accountability, Hillary will make sure that corporations don’t treat penalties for breaking the law as merely a cost of doing business, so that we can put an end to the patterns of corporate wrongdoing that we see too often today.
Doesn't sound like something Goldman would support.

Uh oh, I think someone needs to put down the cup.

Lets compare her plans (bc we all know politicians can be trusted to follow their rhetoric right?) with the money she receives from banks:

$1.8 million total from the likes of Goldman Sachs, UBS, Bank of America/Merryll Lynch, and Deutch Bank

Bill Clinton has similarly received a total of $5.9 million including Goldman Sachs and UBS

Yeah, the Clintons are full of crap and best buds with Wall St.

And here's the source piece from a progressive site citing CNN (also see Politico) explaining why she should excuse herself from the presidential race due to this conflict of interest (receiving millions from the banks she'll have a hand in "regulating")

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ng-fees-disqualify-her-presidential-candidate

Please don't besmirch Shane Carwin's name by coupling him with this lunatic.

Back