Bernard Hopkins to fight Tavoris Cloud on March 9.

I don't get how people defend the guy honestly.

The display in the Dawson fight was gross. He gets hurt while in the process of fouling Dawson, quits (which is a TKO loss) then actually has the decision overturned.

And lets be real, we all know Hopkins wasn't hurt there. He lies on the floor, rolling around making faces but then when the fight is called off, suddenly the pain is bearable. Watch the replay, the clown was scrunching up his face before he even hit the floor. He knew he was going to lose.

You know you won't. Throwing himself to the floor against Calzaghe. His theatrics in the Jones rematch, the obvious quitting in the Dawson fight. The guy is a con artist. When the going gets tough there's a good chance Hopkins will get going.

You just love being a contrarian, don't you?

I don't get how people defend the guy honestly.

The display in the Dawson fight was gross. He gets hurt while in the process of fouling Dawson, quits (which is a TKO loss) then actually has the decision overturned.

And lets be real, we all know Hopkins wasn't hurt there. He lies on the floor, rolling around making faces but then when the fight is called off, suddenly the pain is bearable. Watch the replay, the clown was scrunching up his face before he even hit the floor. He knew he was going to lose.

You're just pissed because you purchased the PPV...

;)

You're just pissed because you purchased the PPV...

;)

I would be lying if I said that weren't a small part of it. Thats certainly not all of it but yeah, I was a little pissed that I paid to watch Hopkins hold his shoulder and make faces.

Cloud is a mediocre fighter who has been largely inactive. I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's a replay of the Pavlik fight.

Exactly, Nice I'm not the only one who sees what a con the guy is. The guy tried to claim he finished the Jones fight blind because of that tap on the head. I mean, how fragile is the guy?

The worst part is that he's ONLY fragile in the fights that are looking like he's gonna lose.

When he is doing well he's superman doing push-ups between rounds.

When his opponent looks great he turns into lois lane and wants the ref to save him.

This is going to be my only warning: knock off the trash talking about Hopkins; thanks.

All joking set aside, and I will admit that B hop has pulled off some shady things in the ring...

however, he will still be one of my favorite fighters...I've been following the guy since Tuesday NIght Fights back in the Day.

It's truly amazing what he has accomplished in his career.

Who tattled? No mod has ever called me out on criticizing Hopkins. Hopkins brings the criticism on himself with his actions.

I'm not sure what I said that wasn't true or was out of line but whatever. I thought we had thicker skins in here. Guess I was wrong.

Hopkins is my hero.

I'm not sure what I said that wasn't true or was out of line but whatever.

How about you back up:

Prove that Hopkins wasn't, in fact, hurt.

I know what I saw, I'm not sure why I can't have an opinion on it. I think most people had the same opinion, in fact I've seen it discussed many times here without a problem. Many times. We've gone back and forth on it but no crybabies ever had a fit about it.

Of all the things I've discussed on this site, I don't recall being reported to a mod since I posted in the mma forum years ago. I'm stunned that its Hopkins that someone gets uptight about.

Hopkins is my hero.

Just saw this before I logged off, gonna make this my sig. It's almost as good as my Vic one so I'll keep them both.

Oh and Cloud early, Bhop late. I would say that Bhop is gonna get old one of these fights but he's been old since Nixon was president.

I know what I saw, I'm not sure why I can't have an opinion on it. I think most people had the same opinion, in fact I've seen it discussed many times here without a problem. Many times. We've gone back and forth on it but no crybabies ever had a fit about it.

Of all the things I've discussed on this site, I don't recall being reported to a mod since I posted in the mma forum years ago. I'm stunned that its Hopkins that someone gets uptight about.

All you ever do is tout BS opinions designed to piss people off.

Matthysse wrecking shop at 140 and people hyping him up? Better start dismissing him based on "losses" to Judah and Alexander that everyone save for the refs scored for Matthysse.

Rios getting the gift decision of the year against Abril? Better start claiming it was a draw, then shoot your own point in the foot by whining in another thread about how people don't appreciate ring generalship.

Sergio spanks Junior for 11.5 rounds? Better claim that it was Junior's fault he lost and refuse to acknowledge Sergio's abilities.

Just saw this before I logged off, gonna make this my sig. It's almost as good as my Vic one so I'll keep them both.

Oh and Cloud early, Bhop late. I would say that Bhop is gonna get old one of these fights but he's been old since Nixon was president.

Great idea...I'm doing the same.

Back