Bernard Hopkins to fight Tavoris Cloud on March 9.

Hopkins by hug-and-hold decision, but I pray to whatever gods there may be that Cloud can stop this guy and end his career.

This could look like Hopkins-Pascal 1, that being said I pick Cloud by lop sided UD

I don't really want to see Hopkins fight again but fuck it, I'll watch. For all of his detractors, here, he is fighting a top 10 (likely top 5, even though, he did lose to Campilo) ranked LHW who can crack. This isn't a bullshit fight by any means.

Cloud fits the description of a Hopkins opponent. Looked terrible in his last fight, hasn't fought in what , a couple of years?

I hope Cloud knocks Hopkins cold. Marquez style.

Well, he fought Campillo in June, and Mack in 2011 sometime. So he's not very active, but he hasn't been laid off either.
Only way Cloud is knocking him out is if Hopkin's trips and flies face first into his fist.

I've blown the last 3 fights, though. Cloud probably soccer-kicks Bernards head into the stands around the 6th round.

I think a guy like Bhop can give Cloud alot of trouble. If Yusaf Mack can give you fits for 8 rounds then I'm sure Bhop can do the same, sans the getting ko'd part. I see this fight being alot like the first Pascal fight. Younger and more powerful guy having success early, then Bhop figures him out after 4 or 5 rounds and starts to pick him apart.

Chad actually had boxing acumen to deal with the tricks and overall cageyness of Hopkins whereas guys like Pascal and Cloud don't have nearly those kinds of skills or ring IQ. Just b/c Chad had a relatively easy time with Bhop doesn't mean Cloud will. Chad and Cloud are two totally different types of fighters.

I think we get another pretty close Dec, I'll even take Bhop with the upset. I highly doubt Cloud has an easy time with "Bear Nard" *Pascal voice

I refuse to be cyber bullied.

Cloud fits the description of a Hopkins opponent. Looked terrible in his last fight, hasn't fought in what , a couple of years?

I hope Cloud knocks Hopkins cold. Marquez style.

You love Hopkins...knock it off

Of course, but still from a fan's perspective it is more or less the time for him to hang up the gloves and maybe start to train the next generation of fighters. We need fighters like him for the next decade or so, not some iron-chinned brawler or muscle-bounded left hooker.

Maybe he wants to retire on a win? maybe with a title too.

Every washed up fighter wants to fight at Barclays.

He's lost once in the last 4 years

Where's that guy that adviced me to use my friend google to find out that, CLEARLY Cleverly was going to be Hopkins next opponent?

Oh damn, it's the TS...

Given what happened to Campillo, Cloud is lookin' extra crunchy as a "threat" to Hopkins. I just hope Cloud can throw a Hail Mary bomb and make some history for us. I think we all agree that Cloud's chance is a puncher's chance. Literally.

I have become one of those horrible fans that hardcore fans hate that will just buy any shit I am presented, because I just got tickets to this despite thinking it will be terrible to watch (got three friends to do the four pack thing they are doing with tickets). I guess I just had to see B Hop once live. Hell, I probably would have gone to Mosley/Paulie if they had gone through with it.

Last edited:
Given what happened to Campillo, Cloud is lookin' extra crunchy as a "threat" to Hopkins. I just hope Cloud can throw a Hail Mary bomb and make some history for us. I think we all agree that Cloud's chance is a puncher's chance. Literally.

Cloud won't need thunder, Hopkins is done, he's going to look like an old man who never boxed in his life.

Hopkins has a chance to win, it depends if he can still move around, and if he can take a punch at his old age. I never thought Cloud was a top-level fighter and that was more evident after the Campillo fight.

Hopkins by fake injury DQ in whatever round he starts to get hit clean.

Hopkins by fake injury DQ in whatever round he starts to get hit clean.

Lmao...

this made me laugh...but let's give the guy credit. Bhop came back after being floored 2-3 times by Pascal to draw it...and ended up winning the rematch...

B Hop is a living legend...let's give the man some respect...

I'm sure I can get an Amen from Seano on this.

Lmao...

this made me laugh...but let's give the guy credit. Bhop came back after being floored 2-3 times by Pascal to draw it...and ended up winning the rematch...

You know you won't. Throwing himself to the floor against Calzaghe. His theatrics in the Jones rematch, the obvious quitting in the Dawson fight. The guy is a con artist. When the going gets tough there's a good chance Hopkins will get going.

Lmao...

I understand all that but the fact is the fight may very well end up not being a fight at all. It's a 50/50 shot with him. I honestly think he decides in the first few rounds if it's something he can win or not then acts accordingly.

Should he slide out of the ring and claim a broken ankle?

Pound the other guy in the back of the head 20 times then when he gets barely tapped back himself fake some seizures?

Low blow his opponent all night long til he gets hit back then claim his nuts escaped his cup?

Pull the i've fallen and i can't get up routine when he gets pushed for holding his opponent down?

A dirty fighter is one thing but a dirty fighter who also cries wolf is just sad.

I can respect what he's done in his life and in his career but when you can't count on a fighter one damn bit to actually put on a fight it's pretty ridiculous.

I understand all that but the fact is the fight may very well end up not being a fight at all. It's a 50/50 shot with him. I honestly think he decides in the first few rounds if it's something he can win or not then acts accordingly.

Should he slide out of the ring and claim a broken ankle?

Pound the other guy in the back of the head 20 times then when he gets barely tapped back himself fake some seizures?

Low blow his opponent all night long til he gets hit back then claim his nuts escaped his cup?

Pull the i've fallen and i can't get up routine when he gets pushed for holding his opponent down?

A dirty fighter is one thing but a dirty fighter who also cries wolf is just sad.

I can respect what he's done in his life and in his career but when you can't count on a fighter one damn bit to actually put on a fight it's pretty ridiculous.

Exactly, Nice I'm not the only one who sees what a con the guy is. The guy tried to claim he finished the Jones fight blind because of that tap on the head. I mean, how fragile is the guy?

Back