Berlin card is combining some of my favorite things

stin4tw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
- European play-by-play commentary (love listening to soccer, hate watching it)
- Unbiased commentary (Rogan)
- A break from the oft-awesome but overused Goldie-isms.
- Dem Euro ring girls.
- A break from Bruce Buffer. Didn't catch the name of the guy doing the intros, but enjoying so far. Not trying to be like The Buff like so many smaller orgs.

Hardy is great for commentary.

Hardy is great for commentary.

I just started my trial right after the prelims, I did enjoy him the one time I heard him so far. Absolutely a company man (probably why he didn't get cut after what.. 5 losses in a row?) so I could see him doing that in the future as well.

Edit: I didn't realize til reading the responses that Hardy is on commentary.

Last edited:
Who's doing the play by play? Haven't seen their names yet.

It was ridiculous the favoritism the commentators had for Luke Barnatt in that fight, he may have been stalking but he was tagged by Strickland the entire fight...

Unbiased commentary? Both of the english commentators (I know one of them is Hardy) were all over Barnatts nuts

I would NOT say unbias commentary, based on what I see sherdoggers complain about.

Hardy talked about Strickland the whole time. Personally I don't care that color commentators are focusing on one fighter over another. There are reasons like more notes on that individual, more interest in his style etc....

But point being Hardy is as bias as any other commentator.

I like Rogan, but I will put over the Fight Pass team. They are great.

- European play-by-play commentary (love listening to soccer, hate watching it)
- Unbiased commentary (Rogan)
- A break from the oft-awesome but overused Goldie-isms.
- Dem Euro ring girls.
- A break from Bruce Buffer. Didn't catch the name of the guy doing the intros, but enjoying so far. Not trying to be like The Buff like so many smaller orgs.

Why/how do you find rogan biased???

I can agree with you on goldberg tho, I think they need to replace him.

Goldberg does a thankless pitchman job and I don't know that they would find someone that anyone would actually like. Perhaps a three man team would be the best fit.

But whoever replaces Goldberg, they would still be putting over whatever shitty action movie is sponsoring the show or garbage beer or whatever. It's not a likeable role.

I can agree with you on goldberg tho, I think they need to replace him.

Ridiculous. Guy is awesome.

Goldberg does a thankless pitchman job and I don't know that they would find someone that anyone would actually like. Perhaps a three man team would be the best fit.

But whoever replaces Goldberg, they would still be putting over whatever shitty action movie is sponsoring the show or garbage beer or whatever. It's not a likeable role.

This. Goldberg does it better than anyone because he's also just a good-guy goober. So you forgive his terrible mistakes and dumb promoing :)

For the record, I think Rogan and Goldberg are an awesome team, and would listen to them do multiple sports.

there are no "favorite things", all that matters are the fights, and they have all been boring.

hmm, maybe your right and I am just being too hard on him.

Id like to see a 3 man team tho, my vote would be to add Bas Rutten onto their team.

I loved bas's commentary and antics when he did it for pride.

Unbiased commentary? Both of the english commentators (I know one of them is Hardy) were all over Barnatts nuts

exactly. Meanwhile Strickland parried every jab and was landing his own jab and leg kicks the entire first round. They never acknowledged that at all while they were fascinated with Luke. I like Luke, but he didn't look like he could get anything off tonight. Not saying Strickland looked any better either. Both of them couldn't seem to put a combination together.

I like Buffer. The ring announcer for Berlin was terrible.

Back