Social Berkeley, California, to Remove Gendered Language Like 'Manhole' and 'Manpower' from City Codes

BearGrounds

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The city of Berkeley, California, voted to move forward with an ordinance that would remove gendered language from its municipal codes, replacing it with gender-neutral terminology.

The Berkeley city council voted on the measure on Tuesday, according to CNN. The outlet reports that the primary author of the bill, council member Rigel Robinson, said that the measure passed without discussion or controversy.
https://people.com/human-interest/berkeley-california-removing-gendered-language/

You've got to be kidding me. People downplayed Trudeau's "peoplekind" correction of some random young lady who used the term "mankind".

Now we get this ridiculousness, where people are obviously dead serious about it in the Berkley area. Ten years ago this would be a comedy movie nobody would believe could be remotely real.

<36>

Leftists continue their destruction of the west.

Gonna have to change the word "human" too. Huperson now.... I wish I were kidding.

But.... those are actual words. Webster defined real words. I.... I have no words for this. What in the actual fuck.

Edit: Links broken yo.
2nd Edit: Doh! Deleted my comment. Dammit!

Such an effective use of their time, dealing with these major issues

Inb4 someone says you care about identity politics because you made a thread about it, rather than the politicians creating ordinances like this being the ones partaking in identity politics

A big step for mankind, for sure.

These are the epitome of "1st world problems".

What about watery hair hole
Is that considered neutral

<Huh2>

What's real sad is there are fellow sherbros that probably support this insane train of thought... And we'll get to hear all about how its the right thing to do.
<{cruzshake}>

Definition of limousine liberals right thurr I am sure all the homeless people and minorities they pander to are overwhelmed with joy.

Nex they should ban Spanish since all their nouns are assigned a gender

I mean, a manhole probably should’ve been called a womanhole to begin with if you think about it. A dark hole with dudes climbing down in it after donning protective gear and a hard hat.

I live about an hour from Berkeley. I'm left leaning in a lot of aspects but this is just ridiculous. Stuff like this is going to push the moderate left further right. This is why I'm not registered as a dem. I can't be associated with shit like this.

Finally!! This shit has been bothering me for years! Fucking manholes.

Back