Benson "Smooth" Henderson vs Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez

Gil is underrated. I think Bendo may edge it, but I seriously don't think Bendo would run right through Gil. I'd be willing to bet against it being a dominant performance.

Think they should have built some hype around Gilbert first,the casual fan doesn't know who he is.

I didn't really know much about him until recently, but Youtube is a wonderful thing. Dude looks like a beast, he has more chance of wearing UFC gold than anyone else coming from Strikeforce I think.

I think Gil can take Benson's striking but the key to the match is if he can keep it standing. Benson has a motor and if he doesn't like the striking he will do all he can to take it to the ground. Great chess match.

i obviously have Benson winning as i am the residential Benson Henderson Sherdog nuthugger, but Gils a tough fight for anyone

Easily? No LW beats Gil easily, but Bendo probably takes the UD, either 50-45 or 49-46.

we shall see. Ben usually dominates opponents when he can enforce his will upon them. Gil has very, very good takedown defense and Bendo will most likely be forced to stand with Gil. There it will come down to Bendo's knees, kicks or the Gil being the slicker boxer.

I think it will be closer than the Bendo and Frankie fights, but I'll still take Benson over Gilbert.

Gilbert has the tools to win this and if there was ever a fight for him to come out and demonstrate what he has, this is it. I just think Benson is on a roll, continues to improve and is better approaching fights, being smarter and using his physical attributes to win fights and no longer putting himself in as much danger. I think Gil is going to be surprised how strong Benson is.

And yes, I am a Benson hugger. Represent. I'm one of the few who have been for a long time.

Gilbert has the tools.

If he wants to beat Bendo he better select the crowbar!

Already prepared for "Gil was robbed" threads when Bendo takes UD.

I have Bendo all day on this one. It doesn't hurt that I am a fan of his, and that I don't really care for any of the Caesar Gracie BJJ guys. I'd like to see Bendo get the sub in this fight.

seems like a great fight, i would think it would be more exciting than ben's fight with nate.

Back