News Benson Henderson vs. Jason Jackson added to Bellator 253 on November 19th.

Agree to disagree, while I agree Bendo should stay at LW, I dont think he should be fighting for the belt or giving a promotional push anymore. Hr had his shot at WW and promotional push to be Bellator's next star in 2016, its too late for that now. I agree with Coker when he says the promotion is going in a different direction these days.
Coker said himself Benson will stay at LW for now on and he helped the promotion out by taking this fight short notice with Larkin pulling out.

Agree to disagree, while I agree Bendo should stay at LW, I dont think he should be fighting for the belt or giving a promotional push anymore. Hr had his shot at WW and promotional push to be Bellator's next star in 2016, its too late for that now. I agree with Coker when he says the promotion is going in a different direction these days.
No Michael Chandler in Bellator and Benson Henderson has a technical win over the Bellator Lightweight Champion Patricio Pitbull Freire. The Benson Henderson "Triple Crown Champion" is still something that can be highly marketed for Bellator. The only ones who hate are the usual social media haters of everything positive crowd. Hardcore MMA fans will be the usual mixed bag of the "Triple Crown Champion" accomplishment. With some hating it and some admiring Benson Henderson never giving up on his goals accomplishment. And MMA fighters from other MMA organizations and MMA fighters within Bellator would be tweeting nothing but positivity about such an accomplishment. And Bellator can push Benson Henderson ethnic heritage as a another marketing ploy if such an accomplishment is achieved to attract some new fans. It could work. Plus Benson Henderson vs Patricky Pitbull Freire 2 could be another matchup to come out such a strategy. Although their first fight was two fighters being so cautious of each other to throw much of anything.

No Michael Chandler in Bellator and Benson Henderson has a technical win over the Bellator Lightweight Champion Patricio Pitbull Freire. The Benson Henderson "Triple Crown Champion" is still something that can be highly marketed for Bellator. The only ones who hate are the usual social media haters of everything positive crowd. Hardcore MMA fans will be the usual mixed bag of the "Triple Crown Champion" accomplishment. With some hating it and some admiring Benson Henderson never giving up on his goals accomplishment. And MMA fighters from other MMA organizations and MMA fighters within Bellator would be tweeting nothing but positivity about such an accomplishment. And Bellator can push Benson Henderson ethnic heritage as a another marketing ploy if such an accomplishment is achieved to attract some new fans. It could work. Plus Benson Henderson vs Patricky Pitbull Freire 2 could be another matchup to come out such a strategy. Although their first fight was two fighters being so cautious of each other to throw much of anything.
This whole scheme would make sense if Bendo was still in his prime and could possibly be the face of the division for a few years. But he isnt; he is past his prime and now lost 2 in a row (one of those brutally KO'd by a now UFC fighter).

In the past I have heard many fans, including you, complain about how much Coker loves past-their-prime UFC fighters, and how the company should promote their own talents rather than old UFC fighters. Now that they are finally letting go of that idea and focusing on a new generation of fighters who are Bellator fighters you want them go back to promoting old UFC fighters.

I would much rather see Bellator push Nurmagomedov for that LW division or Neiman Gracie for WW, than an old washed up Bendo. As much ae that triple crown might sell, a new generation of Bellator fighters would be better.

This whole scheme would make sense if Bendo was still in his prime and could possibly be the face of the division for a few years. But he isnt; he is past his prime and now lost 2 in a row (one of those brutally KO'd by a now UFC fighter).

In the past I have heard many fans, including you, complain about how much Coker loves past-their-prime UFC fighters, and how the company should promote their own talents rather than old UFC fighters. Now that they are finally letting go of that idea and focusing on a new generation of fighters who are Bellator fighters you want them go back to promoting old UFC fighters.

I would much rather see Bellator push Nurmagomedov for that LW division or Neiman Gracie for WW, than an old washed up Bendo. As much ae that triple crown might sell, a new generation of Bellator fighters would be better.
Well, obviously you are wrong because apparently Coker wants Benson Henderson back at Lightweight. And you didn't refute any of the points I stated. Such as Bellator having a Triple Crown Winner would be great advertisement for any company that would have a fighter to accomplish such a feat. Being a Champion in 3 Major MMA promotions speaks to the never gave attitude of a Champion, of Benson Henderson. It would be a Prideful accomplishment to promote to people of his ethnic heritage. All you doing his spewing blah blah blah hater-aid rhetoric of nothingness. Coker, apparently, wants him back at Lightweight, so all your hating points are mute.

Well, obviously you are wrong because apparently Coker wants Benson Henderson back at Lightweight. And you didn't refute any of the points I stated. Such as Bellator having a Triple Crown Winner would be great advertisement for any company that would have a fighter to accomplish such a feat. Being a Champion in 3 Major MMA promotions speaks to the never gave attitude of a Champion, of Benson Henderson. It would be a Prideful accomplishment to promote to people of his ethnic heritage. All you doing his spewing blah blah blah hater-aid rhetoric of nothingness. Coker, apparently, wants him back at Lightweight, so all your hating points are mute.
I didnt see the need in refuting your "Triple Crown Champion" accomplishment because its cringey and nobody cares about it. This isnt horse racing; the concept of a "Triple Crown Champion" does not work in MMA. Literally, nobody sees it as the accomplishment you are making it out to be.

I agree Benson should fight at LW and not at WW, but by no means do I think he should be the face of the division or having a promotional push for a titleshot. This would take the company back to the "retirement home for UFC washouts" era. But we are gonna disagree on all this because you obviously see Benson as worthy of being the face of the promotion despite being old, boring, past his prime, and on the tail end of his career. And again, that Triple Crown Champion narrative you are trying to sell is ridiculous and nobody buys it.

Yamauchi, Primus, Patricky any of them would be a much better face of the LW division and deserve that promotional push way more than Benson. All of them are younger, more exciting, and are company men. Even Nurmagomedov would be better.

BTW Im gonna say it again, because you conveniently didnt respond to this, so here it is again, in the past I have heard many fans, including you, complain about how much Coker loves past-their-prime UFC fighters, and how the company should promote their own talents rather than old UFC fighters. Now that they are finally letting go of that idea and focusing on a new generation of fighters who are Bellator fighters you want them go back to promoting old UFC fighters.

He would be a solid stepping stone to promote some young up-and-coming fighters for sure.

Benson: is 5-5 in bellator

Confused people: TrIpLE CrOWn ChAMPioN...
Exactly, this idea of a triple crown champ is ridiculous, it simply does not work for MMA and looks like you are trying too hard to promote a lesser champion. This exactly what happened to Cyborg, they tried too hard promoting her as the WMMA GOAT because of the triple crown bla bla bla and NOBODY is buying that idea. Why? Because despite Cyborg being a dominant force in WMMA and the rightful face of Bellator's FW division, everybody knows Amanda Nunes is the GOAT regardless of her never holding the Bellator title. You dont need to hold as many titles as possible to be considered the best in MMA. As hard as you want to sell the "Triple Crown" idea nobody is buying it; t does not work like that in MMA.

Now dont get me wrong, Cyborg is the rightful #2 hands down, and she is a force at FW, so she rightfully deserved the titleshot and the promotional push. But for a 37 year old, past his prime, at the end of his career, boring Benson Henderson, that idea simply does not work. Why would you want to have a fighter who is a decision machine and who is coming off boring after boring fight as your next champion? He is 5-5 in Bellator and the only fights that werent boring were the fights that he lost, BTW. So no, no Benson as the next "Triple Crown Champ, OMG look at that! he must be in the Mount Rushmore of MMA accomplishments". And no to the idea of promoting him because of his ethnic background. That is ridiculous, if they wanted to promote a young fighter with an ethnic background at LW you have Goiti Yamauchi right there, 27 years old, a company man, and over 20 submissions. You wont find a boring Yamauchi fight.

He would be a solid stepping stone to promote some young up-and-coming fighters for sure.
Unfortunately for Benson he is already past his prime and was never the most exciting fighter to begin with. Right now he is at a stage in his career where he is just separating the men from the boys. He still a name fighter than can provide a promotional boost for fighters like Jason Jackson at WW or guys like Primus or Yamauchi at LW. He desperately needs a W right now, though he is 0-2.

Unfortunately for Benson he is already past his prime and was never the most exciting fighter to begin with. Right now he is at a stage in his career where he is just separating the men from the boys. He still a name fighter than can provide a promotional boost for fighters like Jason Jackson at WW or guys like Primus or Yamauchi at LW. He desperately needs a W right now, though he is 0-2.
I think he should stay at welterweight because there are more young welterweight prospects that need urgent promoting than LW, unless he goes against Usman. Maybe he could help Ed Ruth get back on track, or you give him to Storley, or Davis, or even Willis, who isn't maybe as good or projectable as the others but I think he would be a good test for Willis.

I didnt see the need in refuting your "Triple Crown Champion" accomplishment because its cringey and nobody cares about it. This isnt horse racing; the concept of a "Triple Crown Champion" does not work in MMA. Literally, nobody sees it as the accomplishment you are making it out to be.

I agree Benson should fight at LW and not at WW, but by no means do I think he should be the face of the division or having a promotional push for a titleshot. This would take the company back to the "retirement home for UFC washouts" era. But we are gonna disagree on all this because you obviously see Benson as worthy of being the face of the promotion despite being old, boring, past his prime, and on the tail end of his career. And again, that Triple Crown Champion narrative you are trying to sell is ridiculous and nobody buys it.

Yamauchi, Primus, Patricky any of them would be a much better face of the LW division and deserve that promotional push way more than Benson. All of them are younger, more exciting, and are company men. Even Nurmagomedov would be better.

BTW Im gonna say it again, because you conveniently didnt respond to this, so here it is again, in the past I have heard many fans, including you, complain about how much Coker loves past-their-prime UFC fighters, and how the company should promote their own talents rather than old UFC fighters. Now that they are finally letting go of that idea and focusing on a new generation of fighters who are Bellator fighters you want them go back to promoting old UFC fighters.
Coker has a fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters. No matter how many Sherdoggers try to argue or debate against that. Next point, you truly are stupid if you don't know how advertising works. Your nobody cares nonsense is you and your ego typing up stupidity. Because any MMA company with Benson Henderson would advertise the crap out of him becoming a Champion in 3 different Major MMA organizations. Much like One Championship will do Eddie Alvarez becomes Champion in One Championship. And by virtue of Benson Henderson becoming Bellator Lightweight Champion, it would logically mean he would have faced those younger guys that Bellator wants to promote and he would have beaten them in the process. Stop with the gibberish of no one cares because advertising makes people care. Promoting a phenomenal achievement makes people care. Stop with your foolishness

Coker has a fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters. No matter how many Sherdoggers try to argue or debate against that. Next point, you truly are stupid if you don't know how advertising works. Your nobody cares nonsense is you and your ego typing up stupidity. Because any MMA company with Benson Henderson would advertise the crap out of him becoming a Champion in 3 different Major MMA organizations. Much like One Championship will do Eddie Alvarez becomes Champion in One Championship. And by virtue of Benson Henderson becoming Bellator Lightweight Champion, it would logically mean he would have faced those younger guys that Bellator wants to promote and he would have beaten them in the process. Stop with the gibberish of no one cares because advertising makes people care. Promoting a phenomenal achievement makes people care. Stop with your foolishness
LMAO if being a "tRIpLe CrOwN ChAmP" was such an achievment they would have promoted the possibility of it when he fought for the belt in 2016 against Koreshkov...and then again when he fought for the title against Chandler at LW. But they didnt promote it because its a made up achievment that you just came up with to try to make Benson relevant again...and nobody cares about it. Stop trying to make Benson a relevant fighter again, he isnt.

And no, advertising doesnt make people care, that is one of the most idiotic statements you have made, and it is quiet and achievment coming from you. You are not gonna trick people into believing that Benson is still relevant. Everybody knows he is past his prime and on a losing streak. Either you have an unhealthy obsession with Benson or you are dense and dont want to admit you were wrong. Either way, you have a weak argument.

BTW, you criticize Coker for having a fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters, but apparently you also have the same fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters. So much, that you are willing to fabricate achievements to keep them relevant LMAO.

Last edited:
I think he should stay at welterweight because there are more young welterweight prospects that need urgent promoting than LW, unless he goes against Usman. Maybe he could help Ed Ruth get back on track, or you give him to Storley, or Davis, or even Willis, who isn't maybe as good or projectable as the others but I think he would be a good test for Willis.
Storley, Davis, and Willis would be good match ups for Benson. They are not too big that they would be a massive disadvantage to Benson, like the J. Jackson fight was.
Benson is in a strange position. He is not good enough to be champion (nor do I think Bellator wants him to be), but he is not bad enough to be a gatekeeper either. I think he would have more success at LW, given how depleted is that division he would still be considered top 10. But he would be a pretty great gatekeeper at WW.

LMAO if being a "tRIpLe CrOwN ChAmP" was such an achievment they would have promoted the possibility of it when he fought for the belt in 2016 against Koreshkov...and then again when he fought for the title against Chandler at LW. But they didnt promote it because its a made up achievment that you just came up with to try to make Benson relevant again...and nobody cares about it. Stop trying to make Benson a relevant fighter again, he isnt.

And no, advertising doesnt make people care, that is one of the most idiotic statements you have made, and it is quiet and achievment coming from you. You are not gonna trick people into believing that Benson is still relevant. Everybody knows he is past his prime and on a losing streak. Either you have an unhealthy obsession with Benson or you are dense and dont want to admit you were wrong. Either way, you have a weak argument.

BTW, you criticize Coker for having a fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters, but apparently you also have the same fascination with past their prime ex-UFC fighters. So much, that you are willing to fabricate achievements to keep them relevant LMAO.
You're a straight up clown.

You're a straight up clown.
Im not the one doing mental gymnastics to try to make irrelevant fighters relevant again...or avoiding arguments by name calling.

I think Benson is more interested in coaching than fighting these days in all honesty.

It was apparent from the Jackson fight that he's not big/strong enough to compete with the top guys in WW. I hardly think he has any intention of finishing up his career as a gatekeeper in that division-I know it's not what I want to see.

LW is pretty open right now, and I think he can still compete with whose there. Not buying into the "Triple Crown" deal as something Bellator would or should push, but if he can get it done, that would be cool to see. I expect they'd rather one of their younger guys step up at this point. Always appreciated Benson as a fighter, even when I was rooting against him in the old Frankie fights.

It was apparent from the Jackson fight that he's not big/strong enough to compete with the top guys in WW. I hardly think he has any intention of finishing up his career as a gatekeeper in that division-I know it's not what I want to see.

LW is pretty open right now, and I think he can still compete with whose there. Not buying into the "Triple Crown" deal as something Bellator would or should push, but if he can get it done, that would be cool to see. I expect they'd rather one of their younger guys step up at this point. Always appreciated Benson as a fighter, even when I was rooting against him in the old Frankie fights.
Agreed, Benson has always looked like a very wholesome person and has had a great career but he has been declining in the past years, and he hasnt exactly been the most exciting fighter. I respect him a lot as a fighter but he is past his prime for sure. It is time for Yamauchi, Nurmagomedov, etc. to have that promotional push.

Back