News Benson Henderson vs. Jason Jackson added to Bellator 253 on November 19th.

A typical Bellator being Bellator type of matchup. With all the Welterweights already in the division that could be fighting each, Larkin vs MVP, Koreshkov vs Daley, Jackson vs MVP, Gracie vs Lima, Bellator gives MMA fans some nonsensical matchup of Henderson vs Jackson. Weird matchup and the type of matchup that keeps Bellator from gaining any favorable momentum of growing a larger audience by putting on great matchups that would definitely offer the opportunity to put on some very entertaining fights.
<mma1>

More like with Michael Chandler gone from Bellator, have Benson Henderson in a Lightweight fight making a run for the Bellator Lightweight title and build him back up that way and advertise his conviction to become WEC Champion, UFC Champion and Bellator Lightweight Champion and to be the only fighter to accomplish such feat. Jason Jackson has many good options at Welterweight to put on a entertaining fight. The matchup doesn't make sense.
Everyone think this is a good match up at WW to cement J.Jackson, who has looked great lately, as a contender. But you, however, want to see Benson, who was just brutally KOd by someone who just left to the UFC, and is at the tail end of his career make a run for the LW title...GENIUS!

If Patricio isn't going to defend I think any combination of Patricky, Goiti and Primus for the vacant title makes most sense.

Well I was way off on my opening odds prediction-Jason Jackson opens as a -185 favorite and went as high as -225. I expect it to be a competitive fight-may put something on Benson. I don't think he's as washed as some seem to believe. I think he can point fight his way to a decision.

Well I was way off on my opening odds prediction-Jason Jackson opens as a -185 favorite and went as high as -225. I expect it to be a competitive fight-may put something on Benson. I don't think he's as washed as some seem to believe. I think he can point fight his way to a decision.
There are some fights that have interesting odds, like AJ at -185 and J. Jackson at -185. I have not seen much from Jaleel Willis but i know he is a former LFA champ and Lemmiger left a lot to be desired in his last Bellator appearances, so Willis at -185 could be good too. Lance Gibson Jr. has failed to impress and is facing a real test against a 12-5 opponent; Shane Krutchen at +255 could be a good gamble.

**EDIT**
Davis, Kennedy, Wilson, and Stots are good parley pieces

Last edited:
Everyone think this is a good match up at WW to cement J.Jackson, who has looked great lately, as a contender. But you, however, want to see Benson, who was just brutally KOd by someone who just left to the UFC, and is at the tail end of his career make a run for the LW title...GENIUS!
Your arrogance is just stupid. You really believe in your made up world that only hardcore fans watch MMA. Casual viewers don't give a darn about you hardcore MMA fans and your arrogant, your opinion is the only opinion mindsets. Casual viewers will love the storyline of Benson Henderson, with renewed focus, wants to make history by being the only fighter to win a WEC Lightweight title, a UFC Lightweight title and a Bellator Lightweight title. And build it up by saying stuff like, Benson Henderson is out to show, just because he got knocked down, it doesn't mean he stays down. Great messaging for casual viewers, great messaging for children, great messaging to piss off you know it all hardcore viewers who think your viewpoint is the only viewpoint.

Your arrogance is just stupid. You really believe in your made up world that only hardcore fans watch MMA. Casual viewers don't give a darn about you hardcore MMA fans and your arrogant, your opinion is the only opinion mindsets. Casual viewers will love the storyline of Benson Henderson, with renewed focus, wants to make history by being the only fighter to win a WEC Lightweight title, a UFC Lightweight title and a Bellator Lightweight title. And build it up by saying stuff like, Benson Henderson is out to show, just because he got knocked down, it doesn't mean he stays down. Great messaging for casual viewers, great messaging for children, great messaging to piss off you know it all hardcore viewers who think your viewpoint is the only viewpoint.
Funny, you call people who dont agree with you "arrogant" but then complain about name calling LMAO...anyways no, just no. Stop pushing this "Benson being on a path to legacy bla bla bla" narrative just because you dont want to admit you are wrong. Nobody cares about it and particularly nobody in Bellator wants to see an old past-his-prime former UFC fighter become Bellator champ. This would have been a good move after he left, when he was still in his prime but we are not in 2016 anymore.

I don't see much of a chance for Bendo, especially on short notice. Jackson is a big WW and looks great lately. Was badly robbed against Ed Ruth, imo.

But Bellator fans don't know about the UFC, so that won't matter.

This match makes no sense at all to me. I noticed Bendo is the fave but I predict he gets smoked. Jackson is a beast and so much bigger.

Funny, you call people who dont agree with you "arrogant" but then complain about name calling LMAO...anyways no, just no. Stop pushing this "Benson being on a path to legacy bla bla bla" narrative just because you dont want to admit you are wrong. Nobody cares about it and particularly nobody in Bellator wants to see an old past-his-prime former UFC fighter become Bellator champ. This would have been a good move after he left, when he was still in his prime but we are not in 2016 anymore.
Since you've proven to be childish for an adult with the name calling garbage, I'll be the adult and agree to disagree with your narrative.

Is it time for Bendo to call it a career? Or maybe try his luck in the PFL? Bellator has been a disaster for him.

Coker said the original fight was suppose to be Jackson vs Larkin, Bendo jumped in there last minute. Wonder if they will rebook the fight.

Coker said the original fight was suppose to be Jackson vs Larkin, Bendo jumped in there last minute. Wonder if they will rebook the fight.
That would be a great fight, hopefully they do reschedule it. Larkin needs another W before getting a titleshot.

Great fight, a definite improvement on their matchmaking. Bendo is at the end of his career and J.Jackson is making his run at 170, a victory over Bendo would catapult him to the top of the division. I know Bendo isnt ranked at 170 but he is still a name fighter and a very game opponent. A victory over him would at least bring some attention to J. Jackson.

Bendo left his prime in 2013 when he lost his belt to Pettis. "Very game" is a big stretch.

Bendo left his prime in 2013 when he lost his belt to Pettis. "Very game" is a big stretch.
Losing a belt doesnt mean you are not in your prime anymore, there are countless examples of former champs who are still very game after losing the belt. And Bendo still beat Masvidal at WW before leaving the UFC in 2015.
I know Bendo is not in is prime anymore but he is not an easy fight for anyone even at this stage of his career. A victory over Benson still holds some value right now, is not like he is the new BJ Penn or Chuck Liddell.

Since you've proven to be childish for an adult with the name calling garbage, I'll be the adult and agree to disagree with your narrative.
Agree to disagree, while I agree Bendo should stay at LW, I dont think he should be fighting for the belt or giving a promotional push anymore. Hr had his shot at WW and promotional push to be Bellator's next star in 2016, its too late for that now. I agree with Coker when he says the promotion is going in a different direction these days.

Back