1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

News Benson Henderson vs. Jason Jackson added to Bellator 253 on November 19th.

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by giovanni002, Nov 10, 2020.

1. giovanni_ss Taeyeon Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

2. Kingz Gold Belt

I guess back to WW for Bendo. Odd time to thin out LW but it’s a good matchup. Jackson is solid

3. careto Black Belt

Great fight, a definite improvement on their matchmaking. Bendo is at the end of his career and J.Jackson is making his run at 170, a victory over Bendo would catapult him to the top of the division. I know Bendo isnt ranked at 170 but he is still a name fighter and a very game opponent. A victory over him would at least bring some attention to J. Jackson.

4. skylolow Silver Belt

The ass kicking machine..........................who came up with that nickname???

I like the fight though.

irish_thug and Enigma87 like this.
  5. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

Good fight

Falconkick likes this.
  6. CookieCaramello Blue Belt

Jackson has looked really good lately. Henderson is a great test for him with a win he vaults up the ladder and could be a win or so away from a title shot.

Falconkick likes this.
  7. careto Black Belt

Not in the current Bellator WW division. Gracie, Larkin, Amosov, and possibly MVP would still be ahead of him.
    I would be interested to see the odds for this fight. I think Bendo would be favorite but i think J.Jackson takes this.

GraMMA likes this.
  8. mime Black Belt

Tough fight for benson, I think jackson should be the favorite here, rooting for benson but I think Jackson wins a decision

toe hold likes this.
  9. CookieCaramello Blue Belt

True, I do think Jackson with a win could be in a fight with Larkin or MVP etc.

10. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

A typical Bellator being Bellator type of matchup. With all the Welterweights already in the division that could be fighting each, Larkin vs MVP, Koreshkov vs Daley, Jackson vs MVP, Gracie vs Lima, Bellator gives MMA fans some nonsensical matchup of Henderson vs Jackson. Weird matchup and the type of matchup that keeps Bellator from gaining any favorable momentum of growing a larger audience by putting on great matchups that would definitely offer the opportunity to put on some very entertaining fights.

11. Guffman Brown Belt

I'm thinking Benson will open as the favorite, but I'd expect it to be pretty close to even come fight time. I'd like to see the winner of this one matched up against MVP next, if he'd even take it, which I doubt.

12. careto Black Belt

A J.Jackson victory would cement him as a contender. And yes, a fight against MVP, Gracie, MVP would make sense next.

13. careto Black Belt

I would have liked to see Bendo stay at LW tbh but of he is moving to WW this is the match ups I want to see him at. J.Jackson vs MVP or Larkin would be amazing, btw.

irish_thug likes this.
  14. careto Black Belt

Exactly, they need more Jake Hager vs Brandon Calton type of match ups to grow their audience.

15. CC27 Gold Belt

Not bad, solid fight for that card sliding into the co main event.

LW not looking good over there with loss of Chandler and Bendo back at LW, Pitbull holding the title up.

16. careto Black Belt

Yes, Bellator has been working so hard to legitimize their BW division that they kind of forgot about their LW division. I dont remember their LW division ever being so shitty.
    It is the only division that they UFC has a crazy mismatch over all other promotions. Possibly every single fighter in the UFC's top 20 would be immediate contenders in Bellator.

17. MMALOPEZ Steel Belt

Hopefully Bendo opens as the favorite so I can put some money on jackson.

picking Jason via KO

careto likes this.
  18. tehMoose The slayer of ufc shills

Even Khabilov will fight @ WW, right? He's listed as a WW

19. CC27 Gold Belt

Have to hok Bak and Usman turn into a real prospects.

Right now its patricky, Goiti, Jury, Primus I guess is still around, just not alot at the top and also letting Patricio hold the title while fighting at FW is really jamming up the div.

WOuld have him vacate and get the div moving on with maybe Jury and Patricky.

20. RODNEY83 Purple Belt

More like with Michael Chandler gone from Bellator, have Benson Henderson in a Lightweight fight making a run for the Bellator Lightweight title and build him back up that way and advertise his conviction to become WEC Champion, UFC Champion and Bellator Lightweight Champion and to be the only fighter to accomplish such feat. Jason Jackson has many good options at Welterweight to put on a entertaining fight. The matchup doesn't make sense.

immyaxl likes this.