Benson Henderson says B.J. Penn is lightweight GOAT.

Well…he at least fought a black dude with blonde hair then lmfao I coulda sworn it was guillard, I only watched a highlight vid of Sherk and it definitely looked like he was on roids

Sherk is one of the few fighters who got his sentence reduced because they admitted they fucked up

He's just a jacked white boy. Deal with it.

The only real strike against Penn were the later Edgar losses where he got worked. Their first fight should have been a Penn decision, but it is what it is. Frankie’s run was legendary as well, dude was the smallest guy with the biggest chip on his shoulder. TBH watching Frankie get slept left and right these days is almost weird to see.

fun fact: Benson Henderson has the same world titles as Khabib

lmao at the Khabib fans who think he's the GOAT above Jones, Silva, GSP etc

benson arguably lost both his fights vs edgar. get out of here.

Benson defended the UFC title the same number of times as Khabib, over all Benson's level of competition was probably higher and prime vs prime it would have been a good fight. Prime Benson wasn't impossible to takedown but I can't remember him really being held down, and Benson's striking was clearly better, and his cardio seemed basically limitless. Khabib's offensive wrestling/grappling was of course way better than Benson's so maybe he could take him down and keep him down. but if Benson could keep the fight standing most of the time he'd be a huge threat.

I remember BJ was supposed to fight Condit at one point and they were my favorite fighters (slight BJ Bias) I didn’t really know what to do with myself.

Benson defended the UFC title the same number of times as Khabib, over all Benson's level of competition was probably higher and prime vs prime it would have been a good fight. Prime Benson wasn't impossible to takedown but I can't remember him really being held down, and Benson's striking was clearly better, and his cardio seemed basically limitless. Khabib's offensive wrestling/grappling was of course way better than Benson's so maybe he could take him down and keep him down. but if Benson could keep the fight standing most of the time he'd be a huge threat.
Yvz3PY.gif

All three guys are tied with 3 title defenses

Benson defended the UFC title the same number of times as Khabib, over all Benson's level of competition was probably higher and prime vs prime it would have been a good fight. Prime Benson wasn't impossible to takedown but I can't remember him really being held down, and Benson's striking was clearly better, and his cardio seemed basically limitless. Khabib's offensive wrestling/grappling was of course way better than Benson's but if Benson could keep the fight standing most of the time he'd be a huge threat.

Khabib was dominating and or finishing his opponents tho. Bensons "reign" was known for many controversial decisions ppl scored against him. Even dating back to WEC with the Cowboy war. He's had decision luck go his way more than prolly any other great in history. During his prime reign he was only dominant against Nate and Jim. And Im not sure Benson's level of comp was even better.

lol, Champ at a time where there wasn't even a division to speak of, a record of... Yeah... Getting a beatdown outside a bar by a fat drunk and the last fight he won in years was against his wife.

Penn is a disgrace... And far from the GOAT.

Khabib was dominating and or finishing his opponents tho. Bensons "reign" was known for many controversial decisions ppl scored against him. Even dating back to WEC with the Cowboy war. He's had decision luck go his way more than prolly any other great in history. During his prime reign he was only dominant against Nate and Jim. And Im not sure Benson's level of comp was even better.
In general Benson's level of competition was way higher, Khabib fought a bunch of low level fighters and a few really high level fighters.

In general Benson's level of competition was way higher, Khabib fought a bunch of low level fighters and a few really high level fighters.

I thought you were talking about their reigns during their prime. Yeah for career Benson def fought better comp since Khabib has a lot of cans from Russia there

Back