Benson Henderson says B.J. Penn is lightweight GOAT.

How?
I would say WW Hughes, WW GSP and WW Fitch are much tougher fights than LW Khabib.

BJ was one of the best grapplers in the world, so trying to keep him on the ground would be very high risk.
Lmao at Fitch being a tougher fight than Khabib. Khabib is a far better grappler than both Fitch and Hughes. BJ never had some killer guard in MMA. His guard was amazing, don't get me wrong, but mainly because it was incredibly difficult to pass and he was good at getting back up to his feet from there. But Khabib would be more than well equipped to deal with BJ on the mat.
Imagine thinking those three names are better than rda, barboza, mcgregor, poirier, gaethje lol
BJ's best wins are Hughes and Gomi. Hughes was the dominant WW champ and after losing to BJ Gomi would go on his incredible PRIDE run.After those two I'd say his wins over Thomas, Uno, Florian, and Sherk are solid wins for his legacy. The wins over Stevenson and Sanchez being okay but not real pillars of BJ's legacy like the Hughes and Gomi wins are.

ben beats BJ

BJ is the most overrated fighter ever
beating carl uno

lmao

Lmao at Fitch being a tougher fight than Khabib. Khabib is a far better grappler than both Fitch and Hughes. BJ never had some killer guard in MMA. His guard was amazing, don't get me wrong, but mainly because it was incredibly difficult to pass and he was good at getting back up to his feet from there. But Khabib would be more than well equipped to deal with BJ on the mat.

BJ's best wins are Hughes and Gomi. Hughes was the dominant WW champ and after losing to BJ Gomi would go on his incredible PRIDE run.After those two I'd say his wins over Thomas, Uno, Florian, and Sherk are solid wins for his legacy. The wins over Stevenson and Sanchez being okay but not real pillars of BJ's legacy like the Hughes and Gomi wins are.
2 wins
along with sherk

lmao

they'd all get wrecked by 10-15 ranked fighters
mma was poor in terms of competition

bj would get wrecked by most lw fighters currently if they were back then
hence why hes on a 15 L streak

or did he magically fall from prime after the edgar Ls

lpl

This is not at all to say Khabib isn’t great, but I have hard time seeing LW Khabib being a tougher fight than WW Fitch, GSP or Hughes. And BJ was a very special fighter. I really cant see Khabib beating a prime BJ.

Nah, but I agree he is bigger and stronger than BJ, bu lw Khabib is sure nowhere near WW GSP or Fitch.

In terms of technique, we have not seen a better grappler than Khabib. Maybe Islam will overtake him once we see a bit more, but for now Khabib is the GOAT in that regard.
Not to mention, his ground game is unparalleled. Fighters try to mimic their ground and pound after Khabib now.

yeah I cant take the opinion of a dude too seriously whose first action after a fight is to stick a fucking toothpick in his mouth.

In terms of technique, we have not seen a better grappler than Khabib. Maybe Islam will overtake him once we see a bit more, but for now Khabib is the GOAT in that regard.
Not to mention, his ground game is unparalleled. Fighters try to mimic their ground and pound after Khabib now.
Nobody is saying Khabib isn’t great from the top, and we Are all surprised at how strong he is compared to his opponents. Still, A lw Khabib is not like a WW Hughes/Fitch, and sure not like a WW GSP.

He also has never fought someone like BJ. Khabib is a smart fighter. He would be very careful to take BJ down, until his nose hurts too much, and he had no choice, like Cain vs Werdum.

You’re nuts. Khabib makes BJ look like a child.
I think GSP is one of the best to mix up stand up and ground fighting ever.
But vs Khabib, it would be a toss up.

Conor made his name by cutting massive weight and fighting below his natural division. Penn did the opposite.
Lmao. Conmeg fights at lightweight. And khabib nearly died everytime he cut weight. And never moved up. At least Canrod did.

Lmao. Conmeg fights at lightweight. And khabib nearly died everytime he cut weight. And never moved up. At least Canrod did.

He didn't make his name by going 1-3 in the LW division. He made his name at FW, where he cut a fuckton of weight and looked like a heroin addict.

He didn't make his name by going 1-3 in the LW division. He made his name at FW, where he cut a fuckton of weight and looked like a heroin addict.
Just like Khabib who never went to ww, and even missed weight against gaedthe. Hence the retirement.

Just like Khabib who never went to ww, and even missed weight against gaedthe. Hence the retirement.

This has nothing to do with Khabib or anybody else cutting weight. For fuck's sake you fanboys are ridiculous. Do you even read what you quote or what it was in response to?

Khabib beat Gaethe easy and he’s the next champ. Who else beats him?

“Who cares about my opinion?” he prefaces his take. “But I’m not gonna put Khabib up there for the greatest ever of all time. You can maybe consider him one of the greats for 155, but as far as one of the greatest of all-time in all weight classes, nah. You might have to miss me on that one. That’s saying something. Greatest of all time, I think there are a good 10 or 15 above him. I’m one of those purists who is about longevity as well. Somebody who has been there and competed at the top level. Not somebody who is 35-0 but only has really 10 fights against the top-level guys.

“For me, B.J. Penn is the greatest lightweight of all time. He’s up there for one of the greatest fighters of all weight classes, period. All-time. He did it against the best in the world, at the time they were the best in the world. You can’t complain about he didn’t fight this guy or that guy. At the time that he was fighting, in his heyday, he was fighting the best in the world and he was putting them away. For me, B.J. is up there...”

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/10/12...at-p4p-benson-henderson-bellator-ufc-mma-news
BJ Penn is ridiculously overrated

Back