Benson Henderson on Bellator decision: Kickboxing, boxing bouts played a role

It is relative, my friend. The "best" are not all necessarily in the UFC. We learned this with the Strikeforce merger, especially. The UFC has great fighter, don't get me wrong. But the majority came from somewhere else. And as it doesn't appear that the UFC will be buying any orgs out anytime soon, great fighters leaving and fighting elsewhere will show us where fighters in other orgs stack up, create new names, and the fans benefit from this.

I never specified that all of the best fighters were in the UFC as it's a bit of an impossibility. It's more of an ideal form rather than a practical one. As a fight fan I don't want a fight to not be made simply because the fighters are under different brands and cross promotion isn't something everybody is willing to do.

But I understand the necessity of competition and why it's good for everybody involved. Like I said, its just shitty being for both sides of the argument.

This sounds like something he was told to say. It's bad enough they have him fighting at WW right now, but if they actually waste his talents by having him partake in kickboxing and boxing matches I hope they go under.

Good for him that he wants to do boxing and kickboxing but lets be honest, he's a skilled striker but he's so efficient on the feet because he has the threat of the takedown. Any decent kickboxer or boxer would ko him

Back