Penn
RDA
Edgar
Pettis
Bendo
Mcgregor
Khabib

In that order, in terms of accomplishment
HOW the fuck is conor on this list with 1 fucking win at LW. Cant even have a serious convo on this forum anymore.

yeah there was a lot of talk about that back in the day.

honestly, at the time gomi took the bushido tournament, he would've murdered kid. not saying this as criticism of norifumi, but i felt like gomi was the best fighter in the world at the time, he was so sharp. yamamoto was a ridiculous athlete, but he was small, and gomi was a massive puncher at the time. kawajiri was going to be the future of the division, and gomi fucking annihilated him. it was glorious.

it's such a shame that neither could really find success in the states. well, they both declined massively before they even got there, but you know what i mean.

Its a good outline you bring here. Gomi was bigger in every regard as opposed to the Kid. But Norifyumi was faster. And yes both had declined rapidly by the time they hit the states.

The fireball kid
60588ce49800720eb60af4f8a62075c1.jpg

<LikeReally5>

LOL at BJ Penn.. such a bum fighting in the worst LW era.

Khabib, Tony and RDA are much much better than Henderson, Frankie and BabyJay

Benson is top 5 imo, maybe even top 3. But he’s not GOAT. Criminally underrated either way.

he's the most TALENTED fighter ever but to me his inconsistency prevents it

Regard the weight division he fought in.

In his prime at 155 he was not inconsistent at all but imo the best 155 pounder of all time and I really would love to say some japanese names but he trumps them all. At WW sure that wasnt his weightclass.

I would always bet on BJ in a fight vs Khabib despite Khabib coming into the cage at fight night at least as a WW. I dont think Penn would be the underdog also against Conor or Ferguson. People forget fast how special he was and he himself played a part with some unnecessary and some dumb fights late in his career.

Regard the weight division he fought in.

In his prime at 155 he was not inconsistent at all but imo the best 155 pounder of all time and I really would love to say some japanese names but he trumps them all. At WW sure that wasnt his weightclass.

I would always bet on BJ in a fight vs Khabib despite Khabib coming into the cage at fight night at least as a WW. I dont think Penn would be the underdog also against Conor or Ferguson. People forget fast how special he was and he himself played a part with some unnecessary and some dumb fights late in his career.

I'd murder a guy to see prime BJ vs Conor

Khabibi would have had a very, very tough time against Bendo in his prime. Bendo was an amazing MMA wrestler/grappler with non-stop cardio and a decent kicking game. The nasty guillotine of his was a finisher as well and those horse-legs were ridiculous. I can see Khabibi gassing out hard trying to get him to the mat and keep him there around Round 3. Bendo wouldn't finish him, but it would go to a controversial SD which would leave a significant portion of the MMA community supremely fucked off, one way or the other.

Khabibi would have had a very, very tough time against Bendo in his prime. Bendo was an amazing MMA wrestler/grappler with non-stop cardio and a decent kicking game. The nasty guillotine of his was a finisher as well and those horse-legs were ridiculous. I can see Khabibi gassing out hard trying to get him to the mat and keep him there around Round 3. Bendo wouldn't finish him, but it would go to a controversial SD which would leave a significant portion of the MMA community supremely fucked off, one way or the other.

I feel like people forget about just how good his leg kicks were. Against a guy like khabib who stands super tall, I think he would do some serious damage. And like you said, his grappling is no joke either. I feel like he's one of the mentally toughest fighters the UFC has ever seen as well-- look at even his losses and you see insane heart (like the chandler one, for example, or the koreshkov one).

A GOAT at LW does not exist IMO. No one has stood out enough to be the one. Pretty much every division has a clear one aside LW and BW

4 of Bendo's 5 title fight victories were highly debated. You can't be the GOAT if nobody thinks you won any of your fights.

A GOAT at LW does not exist IMO. No one has stood out enough to be the one. Pretty much every division has a clear one aside LW and BW

that's fair

If I'm being honest, I made the title that because I'm just a biased Bendo fan and i knew it'd generate discussion

and he would have absolutely decimated Conor or khabib

Bendo would be khabibs worst nightmare

LOL you troll. Bendo is the master of stolen and split decisions. Frankie Edgar whipped has ass the second time.

You got robbed Frankie and we all know it.

Back