Benson Henderson is the 155 GOAT

200.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

Bendo fought better compeition than BJ though, but I still love BJ no question

Nah not really. Sherk, Kenflo, Diego. He finished them in their primes and when their win-loss records are great. Sherk only lost to GSP and Huges in 30+ fights. Kenflo had like a 6 or 7 fight winning streak almost all by finishes, and Diego was undefeated at 155

Nah not really. Sherk, Kenflo, Diego. He finished them in their primes and when their win-loss records are great. Sherk only lost to GSP and Huges in 30+ fights. Kenflo had like a 6 or 7 fight winning streak almost all by finishes, and Diego was undefeated at 155

true you know what you actually have a point. Sometimes I forget about how good Diego was before he went full brawler. And Kenflo and Sherk are both underrated absolutely.

Khabib and McGregor both beat Bendo. Badly.

The split decision king can barely win a fight these days

true you know what you actually have a point. Sometimes I forget about how good Diego was before he went full brawler. And Kenflo and Sherk are both underrated absolutely.

Yeah, I miss Bendo a lot. He could still be a factor at UFC's 155 division now imo and may have knocked down contenders off the ladder. He's a guy that's tough to beat.

It's BJ or Frankie. BJ had a great run but Frankie is arguable given he beat BJ twice at 155 and should never really of lost the 155 with that BS decision vs Benson.

Bendo’s wins, especially in his title reign, are way too contentious for me to consider him LW GOAT.

It's BJ or Frankie. BJ had a great run but Frankie is arguable given he beat BJ twice at 155 and should never really of lost the 155 with that BS decision vs Benson.

BJ brought out the best out of Frankie. He made Frankie a better fighter. It's very unfortunate for him to go through controversial decisions but hey, "you live by decision, you die by decision".

You must be joking; so many of his best wins were phony.

LW was dominated by Penn for so long, there aren't really better options. Sherk defended once maybe, and popped hot. Alvarez was lesser than McGregor. Jen's Pulver, meh.
I included Conor because he's fighting Khabib, and that fight has significance on Thia topic.

LW was dominated by Penn for so long, there aren't really better options. Sherk defended once maybe, and popped hot. Alvarez was lesser than McGregor. Jen's Pulver, meh.
I included Conor because he's fighting Khabib, and that fight has significance on Thia topic.

You said it was about accomplishments. Eddie, though Conor beat him, has always been in the top 10 LW ranks for a decade and held and defended belts in multiple promotions. I can't see how Conor should be in that conversation if the guy only has 1 fight in the big leagues.

Benson was an "ok" fighter imo who was lucky to a degree in some of his fights

The only thing exciting about a Bendo fight is you never knew how the judges were going to score it, other than it being a split decision. He had a boring, yet effective wall n stall strategy that got him a long way.

To his defense, he was extremely durable and had really good cardio. He was strong for 155 and tough as leather but he wasn't exactly a pleasure to watch circa 5 years ago when he was headlining a ton of UFN cards.

Just for the record, I thought he lost to Edgar in the rematch, lost to Gil, beat Cerrone in the trilogy, beat Thomson, and thought the Michael Chandler fight should've been a unanimous decision for Chandler and was lucky Patricio Pitbull injured his leg or he would have lost that one too.

BJ Penn LW GOAT? GTFOH. He beat bums like Sherk, Sanchez and Florian in title defences. Benson's defences were against much better opposition.

Back