Benson Henderson: I don't go in there to win rounds..........

So many immoral atheists in this thread.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. - Psalms 14:1

Coincidentally I have, and was talking about the story of Lot no more than a week ago!! Yes a lot of crazy things going on in there, no doubt. However I can't say I've ever thought of Lot's daughters as my "chosen people". Say, did you hear the one about the thousands of fossil records from 100 million years ago and yet they haven't found more than a few supposed transitional fossils? over hundreds of millions of years forming thousands upon thousands of different species? Thats pretty crazy too, dontcha think?

Now seriously guys, I have stayed up way past my bedtime. My kids are going to be waking me up at the butt crack of dawn. Id be cool with an extended discussion, but it really would be better done in an appropriate forum rather than trying to hijack a conversation with insults

You're letting them form their own opinions about supernatural creatures like Frosy the snowman, the Tooth Fairy, Sasquatch, Jesus, Muhamed and Vishnu right?

Coincidentally I have, and was talking about the story of Lot no more than a week ago!! Yes a lot of crazy things going on in there, no doubt. However I can't say I've ever thought of Lot's daughters as my "chosen people". Say, did you hear the one about the thousands of fossil records from 100 million years ago and yet they haven't found more than a few supposed transitional fossils? over hundreds of millions of years forming thousands upon thousands of different species? Thats pretty crazy too, dontcha think?

Now seriously guys, I have stayed up way past my bedtime. My kids are going to be waking me up at the butt crack of dawn. Id be cool with an extended discussion, but it really would be better done in an appropriate forum rather than trying to hijack a conversation with insults

Lot and his family are God's chosen people. You wish to worship God. And he chose the type to rape their father to provide him with sons.

It's cool for you to believe in whatever you want, but some of us will find it strange that you say you believe the Bible to be true, when there are stories which contain obviously falsified and exaggerated claims.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. - Psalms 14:1

Everyone is either 100% athiest or 99.9% athiest.

If you only believe in one God, then you are ATHEISTIC towards all the others.

Do you belive in Poseidon? Or are you ATHEISTIC toward Poseidon?

Last edited:
Talking religion in the Heavies should be insta-dubs. This thread and the "Fedor doesn't dig WMMA" thread were totally ruined by arguments over the bible.

You can argue about this stuff for hours on so many forums, even a different subforum here on Sherdog, just not here please.

You're letting them form their own opinions about supernatural creatures like Frosy the snowman, the Tooth Fairy, Sasquatch, Jesus, Muhamed and Vishnu right?

Man, bringing the man's kids into the equation? Makes me wonder what kind of Christian chick left you in high school to inspire your call to arms against every organized religion including the Church of *Frosty* the Snowman.

Yeah the bible says a lot of stuff

Lot and his family are God's chosen people. You wish to worship God. And he chose the type to rape their father to provide him with sons.

It's cool for you to believe in whatever you want, but some of us will find it strange that you say you believe the Bible to be true, when there are stories which contain obviously falsified and exaggerated claims.

Boy, you don't go out too often do you? You should try evangelizing everyone you come across to the church of atheism if you're so passionate about the subject on the interwebz (on Sherdog of all places, lul)

he has little moments where he looks like he's trying to finish, just doesn't work out for him, not to mention the competition he's been facing.

"Ah, the downfall of every intelligent conversation: the subject of religion and politics," my old buddy used to say. He died with lots of friends from both sides of the fence.

This thread is great, has everything, even saw some one sneak in calling condit a point fighter. Oh and religion debates on sherdog are so horrible they're funny

Edit: it just got better^^^
Hahaha

I must have missed it! Hahahaha perfect! 11/10

Im willing to bet I've done a lot more research than you think. Its part of the reason I find your arguments so laughable... Ive seen much more convincing ones from people on your side of the argument. They are still less convincing than the ones Ive seen on my side, which is part of the reason I sit where I do. I've gone through periods of not believing in God, and periods of hating God. Those positions aren't really an option anymore after doing the research and being through what I have.

I agree that it is possible for one to live for something other than themselves, even without believing in God. Still, it is much more comfortable to, as you say, "live comfortably in denial" of God than it is to constantly put God, and others, before yourself.

BTW, since you're suggesting you are educated on the matter, you should know that Christians dont have "priests". That is a Catholic thing. While it is true that they are an offshoot of Christianity (not the other way around as many believe), thats not typically what one is referring to when they say "Christian"

I see that u have chosen to live as a sheep (wonder why there is no plural?) as a true lamb of God.
In fact, I actually envy not being a gullible fool & instead have been cursed to walk the Earth as a free thinking, open-minded radical.
As much as I wanna convince u right now that today's version of the Bible is nothing more than a scary children's book, made to condition the masses to be obedient, law abiding citizens, I do not wish to take u out of your comfort zone (because ignorance is bliss)
Now don't get me wrong, as I choose to believe certain aspects of the bible (the 10 commandments for instance) however, to openly admit that u did the research & have come to the conclusion that everything in the bible is literal & true (despite being rewritten & mistranslated for 2k+ years) shows just how laughable your faith really is.

Back