Benson Henderson: I don't go in there to win rounds..........

you like mma right? if they tap they live, whats the big deal?

jdt_armbar.jpg

The twisting of the Bible, or any book/religion is responsible for all kinds of bad behavior. People can pretend to be just about anything they wanna be, but lets be honest here, the average non-Christian's moral compass is about as straight as your intestines. Religion "often" narrows a persons sense of empathy... yes. Coincidentally a lot less often than the lack thereof, which results in valuing oneself and one's experiences over everyone elses because there are no consequences and no lasting results for your behavior good or otherwise... but you knew that.

The fact that the very first response in this thread was an (assumed) athiest posting just for the very purpose of stirring up problems and insulting people while the Christians have responded mildly without insult pretty much sums it up.

Athiests often talk about religion being "forced" down their throats, yet I have never once seen a Christian randomly start insulting people on here for being athiest completely out of topic. I have seen Athiests randomly insult Christians in both post and signatures hundreds of times... literally. So don't try and act like anything is being forced on you, or that Christians are less empathetic or considerate of others. Not to mention that even those people who do try to preach to you are doing so for your own good (whether you see it that way or not, that is how they see it). You, on the other hand, are not insulting Christians for their own good... even in your own head.

Excellent points.

Wow, that was really weak, but I guess until you've watched 2 lightning bolts go through windows to meet near a pastor's head in the middle of a prayer session (smoke filling the room and everything) you will find any reason not to believe in something that would require for you to live for something other than yourself. It was also pretty convincing when my girlfriend of 2 years started manifesting demonic activity one night and I took her to a workshop about demonic possession a few days later, where she was picked out of a crowd of hundreds of people almost immediately while we were in the back of the crowd. I mean, I get that you won't believe it just because I said so, but you should also understand that on top of being able to have a very long, factual discussion on the Bible's accuracy, I have seen things that are pretty hard to unsee.

Anything that bleeds non stop for 90 days & doesn't die is unholy! :D

& BTW, I'm just putting the facts on the table, whether u like it or not, so before u come to a conclusion that would require for you to live for something other than yourself (because only religious ppl are capable of doing so according to u), u can either choose to do your own research in order to seek the truth, or of course continue living comfortably in denial, like the sheep that u are!
BTW, I believe in the supernatural... Have experienced dealing with threatening invisible electrical fields whilst trying to sleep @ night (your 'priest' may refer to them as ghosts lol)

People like to talk shit about Bendo just because, but he does damage. Sorry he only fights the best.

Found a verse that applies directly to MMA.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Bad news for a lot of fighters.

Found a verse that applies directly to MMA.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD."

Bad news for a lot of fighters.

Exodus 15:3
The Lord is a man of war; the Lord is his name.

Anything that bleeds non stop for 90 days & doesn't die is unholy! :D

& BTW, I'm just putting the facts on the table, whether u like it or not, so before u come to a conclusion that would require for you to live for something other than yourself (because only religious ppl are capable of doing so according to u), u can either choose to do your own research in order to seek the truth, or of course continue living comfortably in denial, like the sheep that u are!
BTW, I believe in the supernatural... Have experienced dealing with threatening invisible electrical fields whilst trying to sleep @ night (your 'priest' may refer to them as ghosts lol)

Im willing to bet I've done a lot more research than you think. Its part of the reason I find your arguments so laughable... Ive seen much more convincing ones from people on your side of the argument. They are still less convincing than the ones Ive seen on my side, which is part of the reason I sit where I do. I've gone through periods of not believing in God, and periods of hating God. Those positions aren't really an option anymore after doing the research and being through what I have.

I agree that it is possible for one to live for something other than themselves, even without believing in God. Still, it is much more comfortable to, as you say, "live comfortably in denial" of God than it is to constantly put God, and others, before yourself.

BTW, since you're suggesting you are educated on the matter, you should know that Christians dont have "priests". That is a Catholic thing. While it is true that they are an offshoot of Christianity (not the other way around as many believe), thats not typically what one is referring to when they say "Christian"

Last edited:
Wow, that was really weak, but I guess until you've watched 2 lightning bolts go through windows to meet near a pastor's head in the middle of a prayer session (smoke filling the room and everything) you will find any reason not to believe in something that would require for you to live for something other than yourself. It was also pretty convincing when my girlfriend of 2 years started manifesting demonic activity one night and I took her to a workshop about demonic possession a few days later, where she was picked out of a crowd of hundreds of people almost immediately while we were in the back of the crowd. I mean, I get that you won't believe it just because I said so, but you should also understand that on top of being able to have a very long, factual discussion on the Bible's accuracy, I have seen things that are pretty hard to unsee.

Have you even read the Bible? The story of Lot, Abraham's nephew? Angels lead him, his wife and his daughters out of the town when he defends the Angels to the townspeople, who want to rape the Angels. His wife looks back at the town and is instantly turned to dust. His two daughters then feel bad Lot won't have any sons to bear, so they take it upon themselves to get drunk and rape him. They then get him drunk and rape him on two consecutive nights. They have his sons and the story ends.
Those are your chosen people.

Shit reads like an HBO special.

Chronicles

21:14 Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:
21:15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.

Ezekiel 25:17
"And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Well he always does that. Sinners in the hands of a vengeful God, and all that Jazz.

(still one of the best speeches/orations of all time. Religious or no)

If the bible says not to have tattoos, why does Benson have tattoos?

Malachi

2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Have you even read the Bible? The story of Lot, Abraham's nephew? Angels lead him, his wife and his daughters out of the town when he defends the Angels to the townspeople, who want to rape the Angels. His wife looks back at the town and is instantly turned to dust. His two daughters then feel bad Lot won't have any sons to bear, so they take it upon themselves to get drunk and rape him. They then get him drunk and rape him on two consecutive nights. They have his sons and the story ends.
Those are your chosen people.

Shit reads like an HBO special.

Coincidentally I have, and was talking about the story of Lot no more than a week ago!! Yes a lot of crazy things going on in there, no doubt. However I can't say I've ever thought of Lot's daughters as my "chosen people". Say, did you hear the one about the thousands of fossil records from 100 million years ago and yet they haven't found more than a few supposed transitional fossils? over hundreds of millions of years forming thousands upon thousands of different species? Thats pretty crazy too, dontcha think?

Now seriously guys, I have stayed up way past my bedtime. My kids are going to be waking me up at the butt crack of dawn. Id be cool with an extended discussion, but it really would be better done in an appropriate forum rather than trying to hijack a conversation with insults

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back