Benson Henderson has too many holes in his game.

Guys, you are talking to the "5 x DragonClaw MMA Champion (still undefeated)". Do not insult his "intelligence".

Last edited:
well maybe you should invite him to join your gym TS...
I mean since you are such a bad ass dragon claw fighter or what ever.

start-believing-in-troll-threads.jpg

I think it's more the opposite. He has almost no holes in his game and the only thing he lacks is that he's not overwhelmingly spectacular in any one particular area. And while it's always nice to have a weapon, it's not necessarily a requirement to be the best in the division.

This is such a stupid thread...

I don't particularly like Benson but he's clearly one of the most elite fighters in the world, and can beat anyone on any given night.

He has too many holes in his game, yet, he beats everyone not named Pettis.

First off, great win. Although the win does little for him, considering it's over an up and coming fighter, that really had no business fighting a caliber of fighter as high as Benson.

Striking - During the fight and after reviewing the footage a few times again, it's come to my attention that almost all of Benson's strikes are telegraphed way in advance. This was evident in the take down in round two when Rustam capitalized by countering with a mean punch during an attempted Benson leg kick.

Take downs - Sloppy, neck open, and telegraphed.

Submissions and ground control - Although he won by sub, a more masterful fighter would have finished earlier, when Benson had full back control with hooks in and couldn't seal the deal. This is like having your date pop a few xanax pills with a bottle of Jack Daniels and you still can't get no play.

Conditioning - 10/10

Conclusion: Benson is still a good fighter that will beat most of the top guys in the division. Why? Because they are more sloppy than he is, which makes him better.

But when you're talking top dogs of the division, Benson will lose 99% of the time.

P4P worst poster on sherdog, how does Benson lose 99% of the time to the top dogs when he pretty much has beaten everyone? Stop projecting your non existant fighting background on real fighters. Benson is one of the top in his division easily and can beat anyone up there too

It's easy to criticize, but hard to perform. Benson is very good at everything, but people make mistakes in the heat of the moment and things don't work out the way you expect because you're fighting a highly skilled opponent who's fighting back.

I would say boxing is a hole in his game and well as tdd. I'm glad he was smart enough not to throw leg kicks until later, but it still got caught.

First off, great win. Although the win does little for him, considering it's over an up and coming fighter, that really had no business fighting a caliber of fighter as high as Benson.

Striking - During the fight and after reviewing the footage a few times again, it's come to my attention that almost all of Benson's strikes are telegraphed way in advance. This was evident in the take down in round two when Rustam capitalized by countering with a mean punch during an attempted Benson leg kick.

Take downs - Sloppy, neck open, and telegraphed.

Submissions and ground control - Although he won by sub, a more masterful fighter would have finished earlier, when Benson had full back control with hooks in and couldn't seal the deal. This is like having your date pop a few xanax pills with a bottle of Jack Daniels and you still can't get no play.

Conditioning - 10/10

Conclusion: Benson is still a good fighter that will beat most of the top guys in the division. Why? Because they are more sloppy than he is, which makes him better.

But when you're talking top dogs of the division, Benson will lose 99% of the time.

This bolded bit has me lost. Whats the difference between the top guys and top dogs?

Back