Benjamin "F**king" Franklin!!

Benjamin, Abe, Mark Twain. America has made some total bad arses but lets be serious for a second no one had shit on newton.

220px-GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg

Brb inventing calculus in under 2 months for the lulz.

Calculus can suck a d**k. I've been alive for 26 years and never once used that crap practically in my everyday life.

Benjamin Franklin's writings offers real, practical advice to the guy in the street. His work ethic and values, uprooting himself from a working class background is an inspiration to anyone, that with the right attitude, you can make it!!

Seriously, throughout 2012, I racked up so much debt and wasted so much money, and spent the last half of that year getting nowhere. Now, I got two jobs and making money every f**king day and just feel like I'm on the ladder up and just have a completely different attitude to life and how to get somewhere. This is just from reading this guys wikipedia article.

I'm gonna research more about him.

i forget the name of the book, but the little handbook on life he wrote was the most popular book in the country at the time. (maybe world, i forget)

and Ben Franklin was an absolute rock star in his day. he wasnt some smart nerd who could walk around unrecognized.

Thomas Jefferson has some interesting writings on his time in France with Franklin. he was jealous to some degree, but it's neat because he explains how hard Franklin partied and how popular he was.

as brilliant as he was, Franklin was nice enough to consider what things would make life easier for people day to day. all in all - he was nothing short of amazing.

Franklin also trolled pretty good.

He came up with the concept of day light savings time as joke but people thought he was cereal.

He's loling in his grave

Calculus can suck a d**k. I've been alive for 26 years and never once used that crap practically in my everyday life.
Except when you drive over a bridge...or use a cellphone...or go to the pharmacy...or get on Sherdog...

Benjamin Franklin's writings offers real, practical advice to the guy in the street. His work ethic and values, uprooting himself from a working class background is an inspiration to anyone, that with the right attitude, you can make it!!

Seriously, throughout 2012, I racked up so much debt and wasted so much money, and spent the last half of that year getting nowhere. Now, I got two jobs and making money every f**king day and just feel like I'm on the ladder up and just have a completely different attitude to life and how to get somewhere. This is just from reading this guys wikipedia article.

I'm gonna research more about him.

Its one of the foundations of all technological development since

Benjamin, Abe, Mark Twain. America has made some total bad arses but lets be serious for a second no one had shit on newton.

220px-GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg

Brb inventing calculus in under 2 months for the lulz.

You guys got Shakespeare, too. His work is fucking incomparable. He makes the other greats look just "pretty good", IMO.

He loved being naked. Thought it was good for health. Sat in his picture window naked with the window open often.

Yet when I did the same thing I had to register with some fancy website.

Its one of the foundations of all technological development since

Wasn't Calculus invented nearly simultaneously by someone else, though? I don't think it's improbable to think it would be here all the same at about the same time without Newton.

Perhaps Tesla is a better example of being light years ahead of everyone else?

Wasn't Calculus invented nearly simultaneously by someone else, though? I don't think it's improbable to think it would be here all the same at about the same time without Newton.

Tesla was a little crazy as well.

Except when you drive over a bridge...or use a cellphone...or go to the pharmacy...or get on Sherdog...

Newton just sat around eating apples. Franklin was a badass, and went out into a lightning storm with a kite and harnessed electricity!

He was the ultimate hustler.

da vinci owns newton.. the mofo rolls in a tank

I like Tesla, but the best example of someone being incomparable was Gauss.

His Letter to the Royal Academy of Brussels of 1781 is one of the finest pieces of literature ever written.

Franklin was actually quite the piece of shit. He cheated on his woman, left his son, amongst other things. The guy was smart and did a lot of good things, but was also a drunk scumbag.

Two sides to every coin.

His "Thirteen Virtues" is like the road to hell. Paved with good intentions.

Back