Benjamin "F**king" Franklin!!

I always thought Franklin was a poor man's Francis Bacon. Bacon was a more influential scientist and philosopher, and had better quotes. Jefferson even said Bacon, Newton, and Locke were the the three greatest minds.

Jefferson called Bacon, Newton and Locke:

"my trinity of the three greatest men the world had ever produced."

Franklin was still brilliant but I don't think he was quite on that level.

theodore_teddy_roosevelt_poster-rf6e83de831ef46b5b0b0bc617f5eb0d6_rgw_400.jpg

roosevelt_zpsf7a96d43.jpg

The life and times of Benjamin fucking franklin-narrated by Dana White

I remember reading a letter from Franklin to a younger friend, where he was giving advice on women. Ben noted that as a woman gets older, her face is the first to show age. From there, Father Time works downward on her body. Her boobs sag, her belly gets pudgy, etc.

I forgot exactly how he worded all of this, but he essentially told his young friend that the booty is the last thing on a woman to deteriorate with age. He suggested putting the woman's upper body inside a bushel basket when having sexy time with an older woman.

One of the most interesting things I ever read. I'll try to find the actual letter if I can...

Edit: Found it:

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html

#5. LOL. Franklin's advice on "Choosing a Mistress". He recommended older women.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right, not like they were fighting a war against the largest military power of their day or anything. An easy peasy life all the way .... </sarc>

Also, George Washington actually fought the British in battles on the battlefield. Unlike Today's presidents who order a drone strike a million miles away from the comfort of the oval office!

Moreover, Franklin came from a working class background and worked his way out.

You are correct that General George Washington led his troops from the battle lines. You are incorrect in insinuating that he was president at that time. He was not president until after the war. The Revolutionary war ended in 1783. He wasn't elected until 1789.

You are correct that General George Washington led his troops from the battle lines. You are incorrect in insinuating that he was president at that time. He was not president until after the war. The Revolutionary war ended in 1783. He wasn't elected until 1789.

Point of fact was he actually led men in combat. Several times (don't forget the French and Indian War).

As a military man myself, I tend to have a higher opinion of Commander In Chiefs that actually held command before being elected.

Not saying that every former soldier turned Pres was a good one but still.

one of our founding fathers who did some amazing things

i also remember he only slept like 2-4 hrs a nite

i think hes the only person who wasnt a US president on a monetary bill

100-Dollar-Bill1.jpg

one of our founding fathers who did some amazing things

i also remember he only slept like 2-4 hrs a nite

i think hes the only person who wasnt a US president on a monetary bill

100-Dollar-Bill1.jpg

The highest value bill at that, the guy is a legend!

Benjamin, Abe, Mark Twain. America has made some total bad arses but lets be serious for a second no one had shit on newton.

220px-GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg

Brb inventing calculus in under 2 months for the lulz.

he was also a mason, praying to Lucifer was beneficial to his career!

220px-BenFranklinDuplessis.jpg

Just been reading up on Benjamin Franklin (I'm from England and we don't really study American history so much) but this guy was a freakin' genius. He must have had high IQ or something because he accomplished so much in his life, it's F**king crazy!!

What I really like about Franklin, was not only did he write, invent, discover and do such much positive stuff in his life (one of the first people to abolish slavery), but he also had his own problems with regards to family, illegitimate children, betrayal, the love of his life marrying another dude before eventually marrying him and he just had real issues to deal with in his life.
Franklin was an absolutely brilliant man. As was Thomas Jefferson. The Founding Fathers of the U.S. were a collection of brilliant men who authored one of the greatest works of political genius that's ever existed...namely the U.S. Constitution and our entire original system of government. It's a brilliant document, written by a genius, based on the life's work of several other geniuses. Like Adam Smith.

I wish people today could keep this in mind.

Point of fact was he actually led men in combat. Several times (don't forget the French and Indian War).

As a military man myself, I tend to have a higher opinion of Commander In Chiefs that actually held command before being elected.

Not saying that every former soldier turned Pres was a good one but still.
As do I, but we the people have elected of our own free will men that never engaged in combat. We've had numerous opportunities on the final ballot in the past 20 years: McCain, Kerry, Dole, George HW Bush (1992).

Blame the people, not the times.
Benjamin, Abe, Mark Twain. America has made some total bad arses but lets be serious for a second no one had shit on newton.

220px-GodfreyKneller-IsaacNewton-1689.jpg

Brb inventing calculus in under 2 months for the lulz.
Except Einstein who overturned almost his entire model, I suppose.

lol please Newton > Da Vinci by a country mile.
You mentioned Newton invented calculus. Another guy alive at the same time did the same thing (Liebniz).

Da Vinci on the other hand, invented a helicopter and a tank...200 years before Newton lived and nearly 500 years before there was actually an airplane or an automobile.

Of the people we know about...Leonardo Da Vinci > Everybody.

Back