Beneil won that fight

It was much closer than the "robbery of they year" many, including those whose opinion I usually respect, are claiming. I probably would have given the slight edge to MJ but Dariush clearly won round 3 and round 2 was a toss up IMO (although I'd probably give R2 to MJ by a tad).

This. I thought MJ won, but I also thought it was close than folks are making it sound. Neither fighter did very much imo.

only one of the two fighters was there to finish the other guy... that fighter won...

How many times did dariush drop johnson?

Zero

How many times did johnson drop dariush?

Once

MJ lost the 3rd round. Dariush said that after he knew the TD was not there, then he concentrated on his striking in the 3rd rd. 5 round fight and Dariush actually wins. MJ won, but he didnt....ya know what I mean?

Dodson dropped MM...he should be the rightful champ...

He said johnson wasn't trying to finish the fight.

I would say inflicting more damage is trying harder to win the fight. By rocking and dropping his opponent he was inflicting more damage than he recieved.

Johnson landed 82 strikes. That is inflicting more damage and trying harder to finish the fight.

You got anymore arguments on behalf of your boyfriend?

It could have went either way as even Dariush admitted. Near the end of Round 3 I thought I know the announcers are claiming Johnson won but I don't see it. Either way Johnson isn't going farther unless he learns to shoot or atleast kick and Dariush needs to sharpen his boxing.

He did not. He was outstruck. He failed at all takedowns. He lost.

Sig strike were 84/75 or Johnson.

While I think MJ clearly won the first and second, the overall sig strike numbers don't prove that--we need them round by round. That's important because you could end up with a situation like this

R1: 42 MJ - 25 BD
R2: 27 MJ - 30 BD
R3: 15 MJ - 20 BD

where total strikes are 84 MJ, 75 BD, yet BD wins 2 out of 3 rounds.

Yea i thought he squeaked the last 2 rounds, wish he would of used a hook after that nice jab,MJ would just run in.

You sound shocked that a fighter that trains with johnson says his teammate won a fight.

Umm if you reread that quote thats not what he said at all. Rashad said MJ didn't do enough to win.

While I think MJ clearly won the first and second, the overall sig strike numbers don't prove that--we need them round by round. That's important because you could end up with a situation like this

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/d4e98b827e3d6918

Round 2(which gave BD the fight)

MJ 35 of 80
BD 22 of 62

Johnson was more active, more accurate, and landed more. BD landed slighty more head strikes but was dwarfed in body strikes. It doesn't break down the type of strikes so BD's total includes jabs.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/d4e98b827e3d6918

Round 2(which gave BD the fight)

MJ 35 of 80
BD 22 of 62

Johnson was more active, more accurate, and landed more. BD landed slighty more head strikes but was dwarfed in body strikes. It doesn't break down the type of strikes so BD's total includes jabs.

There we go. Now THAT'S damning evidence. Fucking dumbass judges. Fucking dumbass posters saying the Fightmetric numbers would vindicate Dariush.

Since when did being outstruck and fail at takedowns earn you any points?

They don't earn points on fail takedowns...just like you don't earn points stuffing 1....hope that's english enough for you.
Outstruck?...rd 1 yeah. sure.

They don't earn points on fail takedowns...just like you don't earn points stuffing 1....hope that's english enough for you.
Outstruck?...rd 1 yeah. sure.

Dariush accomplished 0% of his takedowns and was outrstruck.

jab jab jab, flying knee from 20 feet out
get countered, get mauled, get dropped
get stuffed
got outstruck and outgrappled easily, but this was all on earth, in this universe

I would love to know how you managed to go to a different universe to watch this fight tho

The second round was his most dominant round. You should revisit the stats.

They had Johnsons balls in their mouth, I agree with you Beneil won, could of gone either way. People make it seem like it was a robbery.

Back