Beneil won that fight

Contrarian kings everywhere...Anyone with a brain knows MJ won.

I was hoping Beneil would win and even I thought MJ did enough to get the nod. This wasn't the biggest controversy ever though. People need to relax.

only one of the two fighters was there to finish the other guy... that fighter won...

only one of the two fighters was there to finish the other guy... that fighter won...

You mean the guy who landed less strikes and couldn't successfully accomplish a takedown?

Im listening to DC and Rashad Evans having a cow over the decision. I heard Rashad say " MJ didn't lose this fight." He didn't win it either. He didn't do enough. Daruish Rds. 1, 3. He sounds like a legit Christian too. I'm a fan ;)

The fight Metric has the fight close, but it wasn't very close at all. MJ had it on Octagon control.

Im listening to DC and Rashad Evans having a cow over the decision. I heard Rashad say " MJ didn't lose this fight." He didn't win it either. He didn't do enough. Daruish Rds. 1, 3. He sounds like a legit Christian too. I'm a fan ;)

Who cares what either of them say? You use your eyeballs. You watch the fight. MJ won. /story

pretty damn sure this is a total troll job. it was pretty obvious that mj won that 2 rounds to 1

just rewatched rd 2 and that stat is ridiculous. neither landed more than 12 strikes. razor close round.

I wonder if the guys behind fightmetrics are dumbasses or anything

Beneil made Johnson miss a LOT of strikes. He kept getting just out of the way each time Johnson threw something at him or got caught at the very end of it, most of the time blocking effecfively, especially the bodystrikes from Johnson

Only significant strikes Johnson landed in the second were those overhands countering the stepping knees and a left hook against the cage

While Dariush landed, well the knees, and a ton of snappy jabs and a few beautiful uppercuts, controlling the distance very well being the counterstriker

Beneil 29-28

Last edited:
i had Dariush in a Parlay with Glover so glad he won but i scored it 29/28 at worst for MJ, he controlled the centre the entire time. There could be an argument for BD with kicks and damage.

poor decision but not a robbery

Other than two showy strikes what else did Johnson do? Push the pressure by throwing more than 2 punch combos? No. Attempt TD's? No. In other words Johnson waited to land a big punch and play defense. Durish attempted TD's, landed as much as MJ, especially in the 3 rd, and looked to me like he was Trying to win the fight more.

Everytime there is a controversial decision, there is always one troll that starts a bait thread by saying the undeserving fighter won.

You sound shocked that a fighter that trains with johnson says his teammate won a fight.

Just rewatched the fight on mute. Rd2 is where the decision gets tougher. MJ landed a few power shots but was getting tagged with jabs and was getting countered after missing (and he was missing a lot btw). Most of his punches gets blocked. He got hit by a flying knee...uppercut that were really clean. a superman punch...he was the aggressor but he get picked by jabs most. rd 3 is clearly benny's. I still give MJ rd 1.

Other than two showy strikes what else did Johnson do?

Landed 82 more strikes.

Push the pressure by throwing more than 2 punch combos? No. Attempt TD's?
82 more strikes and stopped all takedowns because he wanted to stand to strike... which he did.

No. In other words Johnson waited to land a big punch and play defense.
84 strikes and defense.

Durish attempted TD's,
Failed on all of them

landed as much as MJ,
Landed less.

especially in the 3 rd,
He did win that round. 29/28 MJ.

and looked to me like he was Trying to win the fight more.
That means considerably less than actual strikes landed.

Back