Beneil Dariush vs Michael Johnson

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is this Saturday in Nashville, it's a great fight which no one is speaking about, who have you got to win?

Really underrated fight, more interestng than Texeira vs OSP imo.

I think it will go something like:
[YT]17cO06lsgGM[/YT]

Where does the winner and loser of this fight go next? (make matches)

Best fight on that card. I give Dariush a good chance at winning but I'll think Johnson does catch him at some point.

Torn on this one, I think MJ has the better stand up, but Dariush's BJJ is fantastic, and his background is wrestling. Johnson has had trouble in the past with sub defense so he'll need to keep it standing.

Rooting for MJ. The way michael won his last fight against barbozer with his boxing and pressure was great. Showed hes ready to be champ in my opinion.

I am worried about dariush catching a sub, but Jonson is so polished now i dont think benial will be able to stop MJ from coming forward

I gotta say I'm surprised Dariush is doing that well, I did not expect that after he was KTFO by Sam the Eagle in his second UFC fight. I think Johnson will mess him up though.

Interesting matchup. I favor Dariush here. I think eventually he finds a way to drag it to the ground, and Johnson has struggled against lesser grapplers than BD. Dude's jiu jitsu is top notch.

I gotta say I'm surprised Dariush is doing that well, I did not expect that after he was KTFO by Sam the Eagle in his second UFC fight. I think Johnson will mess him up though.

ramsey is sam the eagal? i dont know what that means...

There's something about Dariush I just dont give a shit about which is making me not give a shit about this fight.

Really like Dariush, really dislike Johnson so rooting for BD.

YOu're right, great fight flying under the rader, much like Dariush whios going to take this by sub or clear D

Johnson via KO. Dariush is getting overrated based on winning some good stylistic matchups for him over 2 washed up guys: Cruickshank who is likely cut and Miller who has been on a noticeable decline for over 3 years now (guy was Pat Healy's only win in the octagon).

Dariush got ko'd by Nijem ffs. Johnson sprawls, brawls, and avoids a few butt scoots on his way to a dominant victory and a title eliminator

definitely the fight of the night IMO , I'm going with and also hoping MJ pulls off the win with a TKO in the 3rd .

MJ is a quick twitch striker with fast hands, capable of keeping distance and sprawling for a 3 round decision. That said, Dariush just needs to get MJ on the ground once to work towards a choke. Hard to pick.

MJ has improved since the Jury fight. Beneil is scrappy though and Johnson has problems with great ground fighters. He needs to keep this standing.

Johnson via KO. Dariush is getting overrated based on winning some good stylistic matchups for him over 2 washed up guys: Cruickshank who is likely cut and Miller who has been on a noticeable decline for over 3 years now (guy was Pat Healy's only win in the octagon).

Dariush got ko'd by Nijem ffs. Johnson sprawls, brawls, and avoids a few butt scoots on his way to a dominant victory and a title eliminator

I agree with this. This fight is kind of a mismatch if you ask me.

Back