BENEIL DARIUSH - made me a fan tonight

How does a fan of the sport not know who Dariush is? Dude's legit. Though, I thought MJ would be a terrible matchup for him (too fast, too hard to take down). I expected MJ to win without much difficulty going into the fight, and thought he would get a 29-28 decision after the fight. But easily could have gone either way IMO.

Nah son Dariush won. It aint a controversial decision. It's people like you that agree with most people in this forum that bring up these conspiracy theory. This groupthink bullshit is getting out of hand. It's too bad your boy mj got lit up in the 3rd round.

I watched on DVR late Sat night sound down to not wake anyone up. First round MJ (clear), second round MJ (closer but still pretty obvious to anyone that watches MMA), third round Dariush (close). Fast forwarded at 6x to the next fight and thought I saw Dariush get his hand raised. Spit beer out of my mouth and went back and listened to the announcement. Thought there was a mistake.. rewatched fight with sound up to see if missed something. Came to Sherdog to see if others thought it was a bad decision and in a poll it was 8-1 or something in agreement that the decision sucked. The decision is obviously controversial and it sucked. No conspiracy theories from me - sometime the judges get it wrong. This is one of those times.

I agree with TS a bit, but not about the Jesus part. I always lose a bit of respect for people when they thank imaginary things for their own accomplishments (or in this case a semi-gifted decision).

Dariush absolutely did not admit that he lost the fight in his post. He was just being a class act, and admitting that it was an extremely close fight.

He was hitting that jab halfway through the first round. Kenny Florian only started talking about it with a minute left in the fight. The only reason why I can see why MJ won round one was because of the flurry towards the end.

MJ was more active, hopping around a lot more and throwing more volume, getting more tired and that's why the third round showed the largest margin of success throughout the fight. That success obviously being for Dariush.

Though he was unable to execute his takedowns, Dariush still fought a good fight.

Back