BENEIL DARIUSH - made me a fan tonight

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I admit, 1st and 2nd round I was thinking this guy looked amateur level, does not need to be in the UFC, and certainly not a co-main event. He shot for TD's from 10 feet away, and spammed useless flying knees. That was it. I was MAD as hell at Johnson for not finishing the guy. He could have at any point if he'd just swarmed him, imo.

Then 3rd round, Dariush loosened up and completely transformed into what looked like a good fighter! His jabs were fast, fluid and stiff as fuck! 3rd round Johnson didn't land a single strike iirc. Nothing. And Dariush easily won that round. I had to take back my earlier thoughts on the guy. He looked like a UFC caliber fighter in that round.

But then, what really made me like the guy, was his post fight speech. Humble, classy, and basically admitted he knew he didn't win that fight. I like seeing that. But the best part is him immediately thanking God and Jesus. Even after Dana told guys not to do that, he stood his ground, spoke his mind and did it anyway. MAD RESPECT TO YOU, MR. DARIUSH!!! You have gained yourself a new fan!

Anybody else feel this way?

When people lose but are handed a win, I often become a fan.

When people lose but are handed a win, I often become a fan.

When they admit they lost, like Rampage did with Lil Nog and Machida...it makes me respect them.

And especially when they don't bow down to Dana about not thanking God and Jesus post fight. I respect that a lot.

Beneil seems to be a classic late-starter. You could tell by his stance in the 1st and 2nd round. He stood upright, and looked tense and tight. By the 3rd he was outclassing the hell out of Johnson.

They guy is good, and just a likable dude. I'm a fan now.

When they admit they lost, like Rampage did with Lil Nog and Machida...it makes me respect them.

And especially when they don't bow down to Dana about not thanking God and Jesus post fight. I respect that a lot.

Beneil seems to be a classic late-starter. You could tell by his stance in the 1st and 2nd round. He stood upright, and looked tense and tight. By the 3rd he was outclassing the hell out of Johnson.

They guy is good, and just a likable dude. I'm a fan now.

Page never fought Rogerio. Maybe you mean Ninja?

You're about to get more than you can handle...
Salt-reduction-and-social-inequality-UK-reduction-policies-have-not-reached-those-most-in-need.jpg

+1. He basically said everything short of, "Yeah, I lost." Very refreshing in his honesty. I was already a fan, but he honey-dicked me tonight.

I wonder what Michael Johnson did to Iran? Bullshit Decision tho.

+1. He basically said everything short of, "Yeah, I lost." Very refreshing in his honesty. I was already a fan, but he honey-dicked me tonight.
And that's what made me a fan tonight as well...
image.gif

+1. He basically said everything short of, "Yeah, I lost." Very refreshing in his honesty. I was already a fan,

I'd never heard of him, tbh. And the reason I made this thread was because he seriously pissed me off the first 2 rounds. His stance looked stupid, he kept trying bullshit that clearly wasn't working. It was horrible.

But he turned it all around completely in the 3rd, and with his post fight speech. I like the dude, and I SO didn't think I'd EVER be saying that during those first 2 rounds, lol.

I'd never heard of him, tbh. And the reason I made this thread was because he seriously pissed me off the first 2 rounds. His stance looked stupid, he kept trying bullshit that clearly wasn't working. It was horrible.

But he turned it all around completely in the 3rd, and with his post fight speech. I like the dude, and I SO didn't think I'd EVER be saying that during those first 2 rounds, lol.
He beat Jim miller recently so yeah he is kinda really good

He made me a fan by being honest about the decision. It was awesome to see. Wish him nothing but the best in his career now, unless he turns out to be a pedophile or something.

Yea absolutely. It took him two whole rounds to loosen up. Would be a very interesting if they fought again but this time a 5 rounder.

Very humbling guy and I can't wait to see him grow in the sport.

Dariush seriously looked like he would benefit from fighting 5 rd matches from now on.

when did Dana say he didn't want anyone thanking Jesus? Link?

I like the guy too, but he shouldn't have won. He proved his skill though.

Back