Media Beneil Dariush addresses Sherdog after UFC 262 win

I'll always be a fan of Tony, the same way I'm still a fan of Patrick Cummins but I'm not sure I can even tune into his fights or the cards he fights on now. That was literally the one card I've missed in maybe 4-6 years intentionally even though I could've watched it if I liked to. Seeing Tony not get his comeuppance hurts

Was never a Tony fan. Always felt overhyped. He was elite at one point though, looks like his far past him prime now.

tony Ferguson in countless epic fights. Always entertaining never in a dull fight.

fight fan. “ I was never a fan of Tony he felt overhyped”

why do you watch mma? Exciting fights and great winning streaks can not impress someone like you?

but do you love Tony

<BC1>
No but I was never a Tony fan. I appreciate him and he’s entertaining but I’ve not been on his camp like I was other guys like Poirer, soriano, dariush, Usman, shogun, Thiago santos.

tony Ferguson in countless epic fights. Always entertaining never in a dull fight.

fight fan. “ I was never a fan of Tony he felt overhyped”

why do you watch mma? Exciting fights and great winning streaks can not impress someone like you?
I said he was elite. I'm personally not a fan because he's a weirdo, never said he didnt have good fights

No but I was never a Tony fan. I appreciate him and he’s entertaining but I’ve not been on his camp like I was KHABIB & other guys like Poirer, soriano, dariush, Usman, shogun, Thiago santos.

bro

he suffered for your entertainment, just like Jesus. Love him just a lil bit, pls.

Also, fixed haha

bro

he suffered for your entertainment, just like Jesus. Love him just a lil bit, pls.

Also, fixed haha
I rooted for khabib against Conor and it was fun to watch. But it was in a GSP kinda way. Fun, dominant. But I wouldn’t place him in my top 25, probably not 50 all time in terms of who I enjoyed the most

Tony's fans support Tony retiring.

Was never a Tony fan. Always felt overhyped. He was elite at one point though, looks like his far past him prime now.
Yeah his style is not really a style that's ideal for an aging fighter either. Taking damage while pressuring opponents with superior cardio catches up.

CSO forever.

Never a Tony fan: too crazy for his own good and winning by sheer toughness and luck.

Yeah his style is not really a style that's ideal for an aging fighter either. Taking damage while pressuring opponents with superior cardio catches up.

Not to mention no fundamentals in striking and mma grappling. it's ok to be a pressure fighter but relying too much on cardio and chin with no fundamentals on how to pressure, eventually won't work due to age. Gaethje is an exapmle of good pressure with fundamentals; that's why tony didn't do shit to Gaethje besides that upper.

Back