Bendo's fights.

xBarnmuckerx

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was a fan of him when he was in the WEC, especially after the Cerrone scrap, but I honestly can't stand when he fights anymore. It just seems like the same fight being replayed over and over again. Am I the only one who feels that way? Even though he got a great finish tonight i was still bored. It's like he sucks the energy out of fights for me. Please help me

There's a reason why he doesn't headline PPVs.

I was a fan of him when he was in the WEC, especially after the Cerrone scrap, but I honestly can't stand when he fights anymore. It just seems like the same fight being replayed over and over again. Am I the only one who feels that way? Even though he got a great finish tonight i was still bored. It's like he sucks the energy out of fights for me. Please help me

Ok

Don't watch him fight

IF you don't like it then maybe the ufc talent level needs to imrprove. Pettis had no issues dealing with bendo

he brawls/scrambles with people who brawl/scramble with him. like when he fought miller, guida, nate, pettis

if they want a pointfighting kickboxing match, he will do that rather than being like diaz and lose a decision trying to force a ko on condit. like when he fought edgar and melendez

thomson tried to win a decision by holding back control without going for a RNC or anything else (but understandable because his thumb =[ )

Im wondering why he seemed so pissed in his rambling diatribe of a post fight speech. Its like being a douche is some sort of tick or habit he just cant shake.

Couldn't agree with you more TS.

the only impressive thing about Bendo that I can recall is that, I heard he fights with a toothpick in his mouth for some of his previous fights. If that's true, that's pretty impressive.

This fight was awesome...

Bendo is my second favorite fighter behind Jones. I can understand why people hate Jones (although I don't agree with most reasons), but I have absolutely no clue what people hate about Bendo. If religion isn't your thing, ignore that aspect of him, but to hate him because of his faith? That's crap.

Other than his Christ fetish, he seems like a great dude and you all need to grow up.

Then don't fucking watch. His fights are pretty good.

Everybody complains about him being boring and winning SDs. They don't go hand in hand. If the dude has that many SDs, then the fight is close. How can he be boring then?

I have to say I kind of agree. I'm still not entirely lost as a fan, but the guy has just been meh in so many of his recent fights. I have no desire to watch him anymore.

You post this tonight after he put on an impressive performance including a finish?

Whatever, man.

I always enjoy watching him because he has a unique skillset, switching stances and using TKD on the feet, and his grappling is always entertaining to watch and very active wherever it goes. I can understand why people don't like him because he's not very active on the feet and prefers to pick his shots, but recognize that he's an elite fighter at least, the way people were trashtalking him after the Thomson fight was crazy. People must have forgot how close the Melendez - Thomson fights were.

I dunno why he gets such derision, he was trying to finish against Miller, Guida, and Nate. You can't go balls to the wall in every fight with every opponent you're matched up with.

i like bendo... good strategist of a fighter...
he finished the fight and people still think he's coasting?

I respect him 100 percent and I don't think he deserves the flack he receives for those split decisions. He always go hard but for me his fights just lack something. I really don't know how to explain it to be honest. Sorry if this offends any of his fans, and I'm not trying to bash him as a fighter although what I said definitely comes off that way.

I thought he was trying to finish because his wrestling was getting shutdown and he was worried he was down on the scorecards...I thought he was heading towards a loss until he hit that uppercut, maybe that is why he seemed so angry???

Im wondering why he seemed so pissed in his rambling diatribe of a post fight speech. Its like being a douche is some sort of tick or habit he just cant shake.

You're on every Benson thread calling him a douche.

Go get laid man.

His fights in the WEC were better but tonight's fight was good. The Guida, 1st Edgar fight, Diaz, and the Miller fight was good

Back