Bendo vs Nick Diaz

The ONLY way Ben Henderson would beat Nick Diaz is after Diaz submits Hendo and the NSAC overturns the result to a No Contest if Diaz again tests positive for marijuana.

That wasn't aimed at you dude but I think we can never really call any fight 10/10. Even if we are supremely confident of skillset X over skillset Y, there are too many potential variables and too much variance in MMA to call any matchup 10/10. (where the participants are within the same range of level of competition)

Yeah if Nick Diaz can't beat Bendo he can't beat GSP. Too bad we'll never find out!

this would be a good fight. Nick has better footwork and uses his range more effectively than Nate. I'd give him a slight advantage over Bendo.

Well, not gonna touch this one cause no matter what I say someone will look to argue and act as if Nate is the exact same person as Nick although Nick is better.
I disagree. I think Nate is easily better. He's beaten much tougher guys in a much more stacked division in much more dominant fashion (specifically Miller and Cerrone).

Who's the best fighter Nick has beaten? Gomi? Old and fat BJ? Old Frank Shamrock? A bunch of Strikeforce and EliteXC fighters who will be lowly UFC fighters at best?

Still, Nick is bigger than Nate, but regardless, he would weigh about the same as Nick to fight at LW for the belt. And even besides that, his wrestling defense is probably just as weak. If this fight actually happened, I wouldn't be surprised if Bendo took Nick down 9 times just like he did to his superior younger brother.

Nick is light years ahead of Nate in terms of pure ground game. His boxing is much better as well. If Bendo tried to do the same thing to Nick as he did to Nate, he'd be in for a short night at the wrong end of a submission.

While Nick and Nate arent the exact same fighter, They are similar, and both suffer from the same glaring holes in their game. Mediocre TDD, and an inability/refusal to check leg kicks. I feel a fight with Henderson vs Nick would look eerily similar to Henerson vs Nate.

I disagree. I think Nate is easily better. He's beaten much tougher guys in a much more stacked division in much more dominant fashion (specifically Miller and Cerrone).

Who's the best fighter Nick has beaten? Gomi? Old and fat BJ? Old Frank Shamrock? A bunch of Strikeforce and EliteXC fighters who will be lowly UFC fighters at best?

Still, Nick is bigger than Nate, but regardless, he would weigh about the same as Nick to fight at LW for the belt. And even besides that, his wrestling defense is probably just as weak. If this fight actually happened, I wouldn't be surprised if Bendo took Nick down 9 times just like he did to his superior younger brother.

Read the thread fruit, the guy asked if they fought at "walk around weight".

I just don't see how Nate is superior, Nick was giving very good opponents extremely hard fights back when he was just early 20's, he fought Sherk RIGHT before he became a champion, and Nick arguably won that fight.

Yes, he beat Gomi, but that was back when Gomi was one of the top ranked guys in the world, when Nate beat him, Gomi wasn't even close to the level he used to be.

IMO, Condit is a more polished version of Cerrone, Nick would have done the exact same thing to Cerrone if not worse because he uses more variety in his strikes than Nate does.

Nick also arguably beat Condit, who I just said is better than Cerrone, and I'm sure most would agree that Condit is better than Cerrone at everything.

But hey, they're both great fighters (Nick and Nate) but when you watch their videos of them training together in the gym it looks like Nick is better, especially at boxing.

And people are hating on BJ Penn, but what they don't look at it that BJ fought Fitch, Diaz and Rory. All extremely good fighters, Fitch always being a top guy, Diaz being a top guy, and Rory known as a monster in the division and some believe "the heir to the throne" of the Welterweight division. Yes, Nick beat BJ, non-prime BJ, but looking at BJ since his fight against Frankie (rematch) BJ has looked awful. So if we're going to degrade Nick's win, why don't we degrade Frankie in the 2nd fight, and Rory?

On a technical aspect, BJ is one of the very most skilled fighters around, his gas tank is just god awful now, but he's put up a fight even when he was gassed. BJ has always gassed, even in his prime, but his cardio WAS better back then, he gassed against GSP in the 2nd fight, Matt Hughes, Jens Pulver, Gomi, and many others.

It's BJ's fault for being the way he is and not working on the right things, any fighter having a win over him at any time of his career is a great achievement.

If those two were to fight at their walk around weight who do you reckon would win?

Just as a reminder Bendo is estimated to be around 180 pounds while Nick Diaz is around 190. So their weight classes don't tell the whole story.

If Nick Diaz can't beat Bendo he probably wouldn't be a match for GSP.

very hard to say . id say 50/50

Bendo still wins. Same way that he beat Nate, except more of the fight takes place on the ground

This i expect nothing different. The gamplan he had for nate will still work against nick.

Hard to say. I would have Nick as the favorite since hes a better grappler and better striker than his brother but I also wouldnt be suprised if the fight went somewhat similar to the Nick fight.

Bendo would probably beat his ass. Which makes the GSP/Diaz match up even more absurd.

Honestly I don't see how bendo would win that fight. He stands a much better chance at walk around weight as opposed to LW that's for sure though.

Speaking of LW, has anyone ever heard of Nick addressing a move to LW? Could he make that kind of cut??

Honestly I don't see how bendo would win that fight. He stands a much better chance at walk around weight as opposed to LW that's for sure though.

Speaking of LW, has anyone ever heard of Nick addressing a move to LW? Could he make that kind of cut??

No.

I tend to think it would be a relatively close fight. Bendo has a good style for fighting a Diaz but Nick's better than Nate at just about everything.

I'd favor Bendo just because the speed really does tend to flummox Nick, but he definitely wouldn't look as bad as his brother. I doubt he'd really get hurt.

Nick beats Henderson, Nick is better than Nate at everything except Nate is a bit quicker at locking in submissions, Nick has better TDD, wrestling, is bigger and generally more athletic than Nate.

Back