Bendo vs Nick Diaz

Conduit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If those two were to fight at their walk around weight who do you reckon would win?

Just as a reminder Bendo is estimated to be around 180 pounds while Nick Diaz is around 190. So their weight classes don't tell the whole story.

If Nick Diaz can't beat Bendo he probably wouldn't be a match for GSP.

It would be the same outcome as before..

Well, not gonna touch this one cause no matter what I say someone will look to argue and act as if Nate is the exact same person as Nick although Nick is better.

Bendo still wins. Same way that he beat Nate, except more of the fight takes place on the ground

Well, not gonna touch this one cause no matter what I say someone will look to argue and act as if Nate is the exact same person as Nick although Nick is better.

But isn't their style similar? They both have the same high volume boxing + taunting attack and elite BJJ skills. But both are weak to wrestlers and don't check leg kicks!

Bendo.
Nick Diaz is better than Nate on a skill level but inferior at game planning and that's what he'd need for Bendo.
The fight would be pretty similar.

If those two were to fight at their walk around weight who do you reckon would win?

Just as a reminder Bendo is estimated to be around 180 pounds while Nick Diaz is around 190. So their weight classes don't tell the whole story.

If Nick Diaz can't beat Bendo he probably wouldn't be a match for GSP.

Nick Diaz will NEVER be a match for GSP!!:rolleyes:

Hard to say. Nate had his moments on the ground and Nick is bigger and better there so I think I'd favour Nick. Tough call though. Plus Nick is better on the feet.

But isn't their style similar? They both have the same high volume boxing + taunting attack and elite BJJ skills. But both are weak to wrestlers and don't check leg kicks!

Nick is better with his hands, he uses his jab better and mixes it up better with body shots and uppercuts, Nate usually does a 1,2,3 most of the time. Nate also doesn't move forward as much as Nick, although Nate does push the pace for most of the fight, Nick has relentlessly walked his opponents down for his last 12 fights I believe.

IMO, he hasn't done that bad against wrestlers. He stuffed 17 of 19 TD's from Sherk, and Nick also got his own TD. The two TD's Sherk got on him Nick swept him and forced it back to the feet. More impressive that Sherk won a title in his next fight against Florian after a close fight against Nick, where Nick got the better of the grappling and landed 50 more punches.

Riggs only got 3 TD's on Nick, and shot a total 8 or 9 TD's at Nick, Nick also landed about 60 more punches in that fight as well and was pushing the pace for the entire fight. I think Nick has done alright against wrestlers, he had a hell of a fight with Sanchez and when Sanchez is in top position he's a monster, and this is all back before Nick was a black belt and was still in his early 20's, he also dropped Sanchez in the 3rd round with a punch. He's never really been straight up dominated by a wrestler IMO.

I'm not saying Nick would beat Bendo though, Bendo is tough as hell and good at everything. Nick definitely has the tools to beat Benson, but who knows if he would. Diaz's don't normally check the leg kicks, and Bendo kicks very, very hard. If Nick has the right gameplan to go in to watch out for kicks he could make it harder for Bendo, but until then we'd never know.

All I'm saying is Nick > Nate.

EDIT: I know Nick doesn't use kicks much, but he has decent kicks. Nate looks to strain when he throws kicks and Nick looks a lot more relaxed when he does them, based off of training videos it looks like Nate's high kicks aren't very good and he's forcing them, Nick holds his leg up in the air and does all this shit. But Nick doesn't use them that often, IMO if he did he would be more dangerous but he taunts with kicks instead of actually using them.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Nick Diaz would beat Ben Henderson 10 out of 10 times. MUCH MUCH More experience + tougher fights + has beaten welterweights and middleweights = Nick Diaz > Ben Henderson. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ben Henderson but I don't see anywhere (striking, wrestling,and ESPECIALLY jiu jitsu/ground game) that Ben Henderson is better than Nick Diaz. Just my honest opinion.

Nick. He's a bigger, better, tougher more experienced version of his brother.
Hell, if Nate and Bendo fought again I'd still chuck some money down if I saw value in it. Of course a lot of sherdoggers will play the 10/10 card, but that's just not an accurate reflection of how things work in the real world.

Nick Diaz would beat Ben Henderson 10 out of 10 times. MUCH MUCH More experience + tougher fights + has beaten welterweights and middleweights = Nick Diaz > Ben Henderson. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ben Henderson but I don't see anywhere (striking, wrestling,and ESPECIALLY jiu jitsu/ground game) that Ben Henderson is better than Nick Diaz. Just my honest opinion.

there is no way that Nick is better than Bendo at wrestling. I would see Bendo taking him down at will, just like how every other wrestler does

there is no way that Nick is better than Bendo at wrestling. I would see Bendo taking him down at will, just like how every other wrestler does

And that just means you haven't watched many of Nicks early UFC fights.

Of course a lot of sherdoggers will play the 10/10 card, but that's just not an accurate reflection of how things work in the real world.

The ONLY way Ben Henderson would beat Nick Diaz is after Diaz submits Hendo and the NSAC overturns the result to a No Contest if Diaz again tests positive for marijuana.

I would pick Bendo even at 170

Back