Bendo: P4P strength + flexibilty?

I've seen nothing in a Jones fight that would imply this

Jones' wouldn't be able to do half the shit he does without very strong legs. Im not saying they are super powerful - I think if they were, he'd have knockout power. What I am saying is that they look disproportionately small but I have no doubt they are functionally very strong. He's not going to impress in the squat rack, true, but he couldnt execute the way he does without them being much stronger than they look.

just saw this yesterday, the dude doesnt have bones it seems

4_jack_marshman_vs_xavier_foupa-pokam_1.gif

Ya he is definitely feeling that in the last few seconds of the gif

Cro-cop's legs and hips are crazy flexible, true. He's definitely in the discussion. Of course he's way stronger than Bendo but I did say P4P. Not saying its not still true but he is a giant compared to Bendo. I think crocop's upper body is also exceptionally flexible but i don't think he beats or even matches Bendo in full body flexibility.

This whole notion is extremely subjective but people who actually discussed the proposition have all brought it.

Crocop, Fedor, BJ, Bendo ...

Well yeah, I think it's pretty well established that bears are stronger and tougher than humans.

But not sharks, right? What about sharks?

Bendo lacks KO power.

Very true. I wonder hiw much of that is just technique, though. His striking seems too rushed a lot of the time - he often throws when his feet aren't set. I wonder if he was a little more patient and composed with is striking. Then again, maybe he's just not as strong as he looks.

As everyone else mentioned, no, he's not like some all-time athletic prodigy. But he is a very impressive specimen.

Probably not the all time bestest for MMA though. You've got to think back to some of the real FREAK athletes that have participated in martial arts over the years.

As far as Modern MMA goes, there is a true master:
cro-cop-splits.jpg

Yeah - well, I didnt make this thread to convince anybody, I wanted to see who else you guys would mention.

Cro-cop seems to be the clear winner in the court of opinion. Can't argue to much with that.

I don't remember which fighter commented on Crocop's strength ( there was several ) saying he was "the strongest he fought and that clinching with him was like clinching with a block of cement " ..?
Was a UFC one , wasn't it Schaub ?

just saw this yesterday, the dude doesnt have bones it seems

4_jack_marshman_vs_xavier_foupa-pokam_1.gif

Can't really tell if his thumb is pointed upwards. If it isn't, then that may be the reason he isn't tapping, it looked like at one part his thumb was pointed to the floor. If your thumb is pointed upwards, that's when your arm is much easier to break, when it's pointed downwards, your arm has a lot more resistance, naturally.

I can't really tell if it is happening in this gif though. With the way the guy has the armbar in, whether the thumb is pointed up or down, the way he has that position with your arm can still make you tap, but the fact his thumb may not be pointed up to the sky, it may not be as bad as it looks. Maybe he simply is just that damn flexible though.

Watch when Werdum tried submitting Vinny Magalhaes with an armbar. Same scenario and what's crazier about that is that Werdum is a fucking MONSTER. So is Vinny, but man, it's Werdum, once that guy slaps a submission on it's pretty much game over but Vinny is a bad ass and defended it very well/correctly while the arm was extended.

Back