Bendo: P4P strength + flexibilty?

I dont know about how physically strong he was but BJ Penn was amazingly flexible ( just ask joe rogan ) and had pretty heavy hands, he must have been stronger than he looked.

jailbreak.gif

TS would love to bang Bendo while he is upside down with his heels turn sideways.

TS would love to bang Bendo while he is upside down with his heels turn sideways.

Haha - awesome. Unfortunately for your case though, i think i just have a fantastic combination of occasional inability to self-censor and being so straight that sex never remotely crossed my mind when creating this terrible thread. Basically, I put my foot in my mouth. See what I did there? Bring it. Honey Badger don't care. Did it again. Oh well, if I made somebody I dont know and will never meet laugh - awesome.

Sherdog thinks I'm gay. I guess I'll just have a find a way to keep living 😄

He is a flexible dude, no doubt about that; but I don't recall people he fought saying in interviews how strong they found him to be like you often hear about other fighters.

BJ Penn and Fedor are great examples.

As for Bendo not being that strong (for his weight) thats possible, for sure. His muscle might be all show and less go. He certainly looks strong but we've all seen that before. Jon Jones' legs appear to be prime examples of the opposite.

He is a flexible dude, no doubt about that; but I don't recall people he fought saying in interviews how strong they found him to be like you often hear about other fighters.

True story

I remember in Roddy Piper's biography about how he once agreed to wrestle a bear.

The bear, was small, emaciated, defanged, declawed, and old as the hills.

Piper said it was the dumbest thing he did in his life. The bear effortlessly almost killed him. Piper was scared to death, and the crowd thought it was all an act.

People who think humans are tough, or strong are still just prey in the greater scheme of things.

I thought of this when someone referred to Fedor as being strong as a bear. I know it is just an expression, but I thought I would share this story as I often remember it.

BJ is flexible as hell. This though seems more like an example of great flexibility, off the charts technique and enough strength to pull it off. He elevated just enough to shrimp back to guard. Its an example of having plenty of strength to pull off perfect technique rather than real power. BJ is certainly deceptively strong, though and probably just as flexible as Bendo.

BJ penn was just as if not more flexible than Bendo and definitely stronger.

I remember in Roddy Piper's biography about how he once agreed to wrestle a bear.

Piper said it was the dumbest thing he did in his life. The bear effortlessly almost killed him. Piper was scared to death, and the crowd thought it was all an act.

People who think humans are tough, or strong are still just prey in the greater scheme of things.

I thought of this when someone referred to Fedor as being strong as a bear. I know it is just an expression, but I thought I would share this story as I often remember it.

Thats a cool story! I lifted weights at the local Y in high school and met Roddy. We chatted and lifted ... He was such a cool classy guy.

Yeah, we are all equally weak and slow compared to any other moderate predator and just forget about apex predators. I dont lift and train so i can defend my family against bears. That's what bear spray and my 10mm Glock with Bufallo Bore penetrators are for (and yes i realize my pistol is woefully inadequate but some chance is better than no chance).

BJ penn was just as if not more flexible than Bendo and definitely stronger.

Interesting - got any reason why you think he was stronger? Just curious what your rationale is.

Im not arguing because I haven't seen Bendo do anything incredibly explosive - my arguement is pretty lame and based on appearance more than anything which never holds much water when its go time.

I shot a moose 26 times with a 10mm Sig, and didn't kill it. Had to use a shotgun with a slug.
A moose is not match for a bear.

BJ Penn and Fedor are great examples.

As for Bendo not being that strong (for his weight) thats possible, for sure. His muscle might be all show and less go. He certainly looks strong but we've all seen that before. Jon Jones' legs appear to be prime examples of the opposite.

I've seen nothing in a Jones fight that would imply this

I shot a moose 26 times with a 10mm Sig, and didn't kill it. Had to use a shotgun with a slug.
A moose is not match for a bear.

I would never argue with that. Even a hot 10mm FN requires a little divine intervention but its easy to carry and one of the best auto pistol choices for a large animal. Ive never trained with revolvers and when Have shot them My aim is abyssmal. I think a blind person could do as well. If I liked revolvers id have some better choices but i just never have.

GSP, Penn, Cro Cop. I think all of those guys are just as flexible and quite a bit stronger.

Well yeah, I think it's pretty well established that bears are stronger and tougher than humans.

Back