Bendo made 48k vs Cerrone. Had made 110k & 200k vs Pettis & Melendez

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
What a joke! For some fighters, the more you fight in the UFC, the less you make. See Nate Diaz and Bendo. Bendo could probably make more $ in Bellator.

makes sense as he is prob drawing less numbers now, tough business

I agree someone like him should be pay for, but I think you are ignoring something important about the latter two bouts (two things for the Melendez one).

The Melendez fight was for a title and he won so 2x the pay. Pettis was a title match too.

Maybe that's the difference in headlining a ppv and fighting for a title?

I'd have to imagine for taking a quick fight he got a huge bonus or something guaranteed

he had lost two in a row and they were championship bout. You don't just earn more for fighting more, you earn based on success and popularity.

Edit: not two in a row; I'm a moron. I meant he had lost his two last big fights. Now he's lost two in a row, not before the Cerrone fight.

He makes about as much to show and win as fucking Tibau. It's crazy how little he makes. I don't even like him, but he's tied for most LW divisions all time. I mean wtf.

Bendo doesn't bring the fans like Cerrone does.

He needs to focus less on chewing toothpicks and fixing his hair during fights. He might shake that narcissistic look that some fans don't like.

He makes about as much to show and win as fucking Tibau. It's crazy how little he makes. I don't even like him, but he's tied for most LW divisions all time. I mean wtf.

Contracts and where a certain fighter is are relative to just the fighter. It's not like everyone is on a scaling balanced contract.

Both fought around the same time in 2013 where Bendo made 200k and Tibau made 37k. One doesn't have anything to do with the other. These payouts are only relative to one fighter.

Personally, I think it makes sense. He was winning via point fighting and squeaking by with wins. The UFC isn't a big fan of that but they also aren't going to cut a champs pay. However, once he started losing it was easy for them to justify a cut in pay.

Wasn't his contract front loaded? That is why he is making less now than he did against Gil and Pettis, he also isn't the champ anymore and there could be a pay decrease if you looses that status.

Maybe he put a $500k signing bonus in his contract for lower per fight pay?

Basically we don't know dick about each fighters personal contract, therefore the disclosed pay also means dick.

His not the champ anymore so of cause his not going to get champ money anymore.

im surprised most people here think that's bad. Nick diaz got like 16k for losing to RDA, and benson had two losses in a row. I figured all things considered that's not exactly something to sneeze at. Anyone happen to have a link to the pay for that card? im curious as to what everyone else got now.

Bendo is no longer the champ and he didn't win the fight so that makes sense.

His not the champ anymore so of cause his not going to get champ money anymore.

Edgar hasn't been the champ for awhile either and his base pay is a little more than what Benson was making as champ.

Back