Bendo/Cerrone- Who has more to lose?

You realize that Cerrone has 6 victories after a decision loss to dos anjos and a victory before that then his body shot loss to pettis
Bendo on the other hand does have recent vicious loss to dos anjos (KO) and pettis (submission)

I think you messed up the two when typing

Erm, do you realise that Cerrone lost to Dos Anjos AFTER Henderson lost to pettis.

I don't think you can say Benson has 2 recent losses and Cerrone doesn't?

If Cerrone gave a shit about rankings and a possible title shot, it would be him for sure. But he doesnt. He just wants to fight and make money.

Bendo on the other hand is fighting a guy he's beaten (officially) twice who's coming off less than a month turnaround. Even though its a very evenly matched fight, those facts say he should run right through Donald.
If he loses, he's looking at his first back to back losses, probably dropping farther back into the top 10, and kissing goodbye any remaining possibility of ever fighting for the LW belt again.

And yea, I cannot wait for this fight. In my book, this is their rubber match

Love both fighters (though leaning more towards Cerronnaaay), and I think Bendo has more to lose for the following reasons:
1) "what have you done for me lately": many people haven't seen the first 2 fights, and an impressive Cerrone victory may outshine his previous 2 losses.
2) Even if Cerrone loses, he'll fight 4 more times this year, beating a jobber, a TUF winner, a Miller/Lauzon-type of also-ran, and a top 10 guy, to get right back into "the mix", especially if/when one of those 4 fights yields a violent ending.
3) In the same timespan, Bendo will fight maybe 1-2 times more, and is more likely to grind out a boring/forgettable decision win in at least one of those fights, which will do nothing for his case as a contender.

This one's easy. Bendo has more to lose because Cerrone's coming off a tough fight 2 weeks ago and is fighting simply for the sake of fighting while Bendo desparately needs win win to get where he wants to be. If Cowboy wins, it's a DISASTER for Bendo.

Back