Bench

scoopj

ackson
@red
Reaction score
Hey folks, I’m new here. I plan to buy a bench and want something quality but not too expensive. I just bought a full cage so don’t need the bench to have the arm thingies. Just something I can slide in and out of the cage. Any suggestions?

Hey folks, I’m new here. I plan to buy a bench and want something quality but not too expensive. I just bought a full cage so don’t need the bench to have the arm thingies. Just something I can slide in and out of the cage. Any suggestions?
Rogue utility bench, $200 and has a 1000lbs weight limit.

That’s less than I paid so yeah the deal is good

i just can recommend the log bench with different pillows:
IMG_2554.jpg

i just can recommend the log bench with different pillows:
IMG_2554.jpg

Duffalo bamboo bar, kinetic foot connection, dynamized wrist placement, free-hang forced glute activation... this guy is into some advanced stuff.

So @scoopj is this your big return to lifting? Can we expect a new training log? Most importantly, are you still enjoying fine beers?

If you haven't already bought the rogue bench (which is a nice bench), I would also consider RepFitness FB-5000 bench. Cheaper and many would rate it higher then Rogue's utility bench without any pad upgrades. Depending on your foot placement it may even be more desirable depending on your foot position. I just put mine together and it's a rock solid bench at competition height. They still got their BF weekend sale going on. Shipping is kind of expensive unless you guy a lot of heavy equipment combined, but I ended paying $200 shipped for the bench and 50 feet battle ropes. I think the bench would have came down to $165 shipped.

https://www.repfitness.com/strength...ng/benches/rep-fb-5000-competition-flat-bench
xwide-pad_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8PrTQxKzFm.webp

So @scoopj is this your big return to lifting? Can we expect a new training log? Most importantly, are you still enjoying fine beers?
I’m hoping so. My daughter and oldest son are now at that age where they can start lifting so I’m planning to get them (and me) going.

And yes, I’ve been enjoying way too many fine beers! Just finished a growler of Bell’s Expedition Stout... delicious!!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/1444/

If you haven't already bought the rogue bench (which is a nice bench), I would also consider RepFitness FB-5000 bench. Cheaper and many would rate it higher then Rogue's utility bench without any pad upgrades. Depending on your foot placement it may even be more desirable depending on your foot position. I just put mine together and it's a rock solid bench at competition height. They still got their BF weekend sale going on. Shipping is kind of expensive unless you guy a lot of heavy equipment combined, but I ended paying $200 shipped for the bench and 50 feet battle ropes. I think the bench would have came down to $165 shipped.

https://www.repfitness.com/strength...ng/benches/rep-fb-5000-competition-flat-bench
xwide-pad_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8PrTQxKzFm.webp
Nice! The Rogue is out of stock so I might cancel my order. Much obliged!

I can't recall the name of them, but there are these floor squares which have tubes facing upwards to fit Olympic bar fittings. Basically numerous barbells or even hex bars can be kept in a corner standing vertically.

I can't recall the name of them, but there are these floor squares which have tubes facing upwards to fit Olympic bar fittings. Basically numerous barbells or even hex bars can be kept in a corner standing vertically.
Bro you’re ruining the flo of the thread. This is about benching, not interior decorating.

Bro you’re ruining the flo of the thread. This is about benching, not interior decorating.

Why can't it be about both?

"I just hit a bench PR and I am fairly sure the avocado colored sink has to go"

"Am I flaring my elbows and do you prefer pictures framed or gallery wrapped?"

"How can I deal with elbow pain and this dreary brown color scheme in my living room"?

If you are just getting one bench, why not get one that inclines?

Do you mean something like this?:

61igKxC1lUL._SY879_.jpg

If so, that's what I have for my home gym, fits my trapbar and olympic bar along with the plates.

Back