1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Bench form check please

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by BrassBalls, Aug 21, 2010.

1. BrassBalls

BrassBalls Banned Banned

Both videos were pr attempts. The 1x330 felt very hard to balance at the top. I am not sure if that is because of me or the spotter. It also seems like I have to wait till the bar is a few inches above my chest on the way back up to really get any leg drive behind it. I am not sure if this is normal or not.

I am not counting the 1x330 because he 'barely tapped it' a couple times on the way up. I should have got the kid that spotted me on 1x315 to spot me again.

1x315

1x330

2. PENNetrate

PENNetrate Yellow Belt

You're doing fine.
    Tank goes to your gym?

3. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

First lift looks legit to me. And I thought I had a belly now that I bulked...

4. PowerHungry

PowerHungry Oh yeah!

Hey man, think you can stall for about a year while the rest of us try to catch up?

5. PCP

PCP Guest

Your feet are too close together. Force them out to the sides to create a more stable base to press from. I also think your arch could use some work.

6. DEVILsSON

DEVILsSON Black Belt

I think the foot placement is fine, it varies from person to person. The arch seems ok also.

If anything your bar path is a bit of a reverse J instead of straight up. I would maybe work on flexibility to plant your feet flat on the ground for better traction.

7. BrassBalls

BrassBalls Banned Banned

I didn't even notice my path was not straight. Not sure when I started doing that. I'll to figure out what the hell that is all about and work on my feet placement. Thanks.