PBC Showtime May 21st Benavidez vs Lemieux

I don’t what all the griping is about Lemieux can crack and Benavidez is gonna come to him. It might be a just be a fun scrap for as long as it lasts.

I don’t what all the griping is about Lemieux can crack and Benavidez is gonna come to him. It might be a just be a fun scrap for as long as it lasts.
True. If he stands there and trades like he did with Kyrone in his last match it will be interesting to see what Lemieux's power does.

i think both guys will hit the canvas, possibly more than once.

Wow check this out. I posted an article which specifically quoted the WBC president explicitly stating Canelo requested the fight, and you responded with a bunch of crappy articles which just repeated your baseless assertion which I debunked with facts.

“(Alvarez) contacted the WBC and requested to fight Yildirim for the title and that is absolutely one of the privileges he has in having the ‘Franchise’ designation,” Sulaiman said. “The ‘Franchise’ tag puts the champion above every other fighter and it gives him the prerogative over any other fighter in the world to fight who he wants.

Im not going to let you escape here. Are you going to demonstrate you are a rational person and accept the words of the WBC president or are you going to continue to embarrass yourself and peddle lies?

KTWP7mE.jpg

Last edited:
smith has a better resumé at 168 and saunders has a better resumé overall. you’re fucking delusional lmao

Overall? Since when do fights in totally different weight classes have value in another weight class? lol. BJS is barely even a legit 168 pounder.

Overall? Since when do fights in totally different weight classes have value in another weight class?
since literally forever. name one great fighter who jumped up a weight class and suddenly was terrible. i literally can’t think of one, at least off the top of my head.

since literally forever. name one great fighter who jumped up a weight class and suddenly was terrible. i literally can’t think of one, at least off the top of my head.

Nice straw man. Nobody ever argued what you just pretended to refute. The point is scalps at weight classes have no weight in the next division, a fighter still needs to prove themselves, and BJS only fought a few bums at 168 before Canelo.

Nice straw man. Nobody ever argued what you just pretended to refute. The point is scalps at weight classes have no weight in the next division, a fighter still needs to prove themselves, and BJS only fought a few bums at 168 before Canelo.
again, no they absolutely don’t. not now, not ever. name one great fighter who jumped up a weight class and wasn’t at least good.

you’re making up a dumb argument that only you believe and asking me to take it serious and debate it. i’m not going to do that because it’s based solely on your emotions, which don’t really matter. with what canelo accomplished at 160, he could have walked right into a lineal title bout at 168 and no one would have batted an eye. he would have deserved it. fighters have done that since forever.

“wins at _____ class don’t matter one weight class up” is asinine especially if the fighters involved in said matchups are both now at that spoken-of new weight class. you think roy jones’ win over hopkins at 168 didn’t affect their rankings at 175 (or p4p for that matter)? it absolutely did. you think hagler’s win over hearns at 160 held any less weight than leonard’s win at 147? it didnt. you believe a thing that isn’t true and are expecting rational fans of the sport to respect it & base their opinions on it. it’s dumb.

for the record, smith absolutely trouncing groves is better than anything benavidez has done in his career. fact. and canelo made him look like a scared child.

again, no they absolutely don’t. not now, not ever. name one great fighter who jumped up a weight class and wasn’t at least good.

you’re making up a dumb argument that only you believe and asking me to take it serious and debate it. i’m not going to do that because it’s based solely on your emotions, which don’t really matter. with what canelo accomplished at 160, he could have walked right into a lineal title bout at 168 and no one would have batted an eye. he would have deserved it. fighters have done that since forever.

“wins at _____ class don’t matter one weight class up” is asinine especially if the fighters involved in said matchups are both now at that spoken-of new weight class. you think roy jones’ win over hopkins at 168 didn’t affect their rankings at 175 (or p4p for that matter)? it absolutely did. you think hagler’s win over hearns at 160 held any less weight than leonard’s win at 147? it didnt. you believe a thing that isn’t true and are expecting rational fans of the sport to respect it & base their opinions on it. it’s dumb.

You are incoherent as usual. I am not making the claim about a fighter not at least being good, the point is achievements at lower weight classes don't necessarily prove a fighter will be perform as well in the next division which historically happens all the time, so its stupid to put high value in them especially when the achievements were nothing special to begin with like with BJS.

for the record, smith absolutely trouncing groves is better than anything benavidez has done in his career. fact. and canelo made him look like a scared child.

Groves was 25-3, beaten by Badou Jack, and was a vacant WC title holder, yet that is better than Benavidez beating 33-1 Dirrell who was the actual champion? The double standards are amazing.

You are incoherent as usual. I am not making the claim about a fighter not at least being good, the point is achievements at lower weight classes don't necessarily prove a fighter will be perform as well in the next division which historically happens all the time, so its stupid to put high value in them especially when the achievements were nothing special to begin with like with BJS.
again, name some fighters who were bonafide elite fighters at a weight class and not at least very good one weight class up. prove this odd stance you hold with examples.

Groves was 25-3, beaten by Badou Jack, and was a vacant WC title holder, yet that is better than Benavidez beating 33-1 Dirrell who was the actual champion? The double standards are amazing.
yes. literally. groves is better than dirrell in every way. their résumés prove this.

again, name some fighters who were bonafide elite fighters at a weight class and not at least very good one weight class up. prove this odd stance you hold with examples.
BJS. Although he was never elite to begin with.

yes. literally. groves is better than dirrell in every way. their résumés prove this.

Yes what a great resume his best win is Eubank JR, and he had less wins and more losses than Dirrel but he is 'better in every way'. Even more laughable that he retired after that fight and was clearly past his best.

BJS. Although he was never elite to begin with.
based on losing one fight to the #1 P4P fighter in the world?

<YeahOKJen>
Yes what a great resume his best win is Eubank JR, and he had less wins and more losses than Dirrel but he is 'better in every way'. Even more laughable that he retired after that fight and was clearly past his best.
degale > eubank jr but both of them together >>>>>> anything benavidez has done so far.

you base all your opinions on win/loss ratios and alphabelts. either stop being so confident or find a new forum to talk boxing on because we’re gonna continue to slap you around on this topic.

based on losing one fight to the #1 P4P fighter in the world?

degale > eubank jr but both of them together >>>>>> anything benavidez has done so far.

you base all your opinions on win/loss ratios and alphabelts. either stop being so confident or find a new forum to talk boxing on because we’re gonna continue to slap you around on this topic.

No I base them on everything in totality, but you seem to just value names without looking past them. Now win loss ratios are not important? What is? just a name regardless of context? Classic casual thinking. So now Groves career is more impressive than Benavidez as well? . He never beat a single legit WC at SM, was stopped 3 times also. Please stop slapping me around lol.

No I base them on everything in totality, but you seem to just value names without looking past them. Now win loss ratios are not important? What is? just a name regardless of context?
context matters. just not the worthless context you’re creating out of thin air. there are precedents set in ranking fighters, both p4p and intra-weight. who did you beat, when did you beat them, and how did you beat them? that’s all that matters. you’re writing off wins that happened literally one weight class away from the weight class we’re discussing, against fighters who now fight at that discussed weight class.
Classic casual thinking. So now Groves career is more impressive than Benavidez as well? . He never beat a single legit WC at SM, was stopped 3 times also. Please stop slapping me around lol.
again, you’re valuing the wrong things and thinking you’re getting in a good point. belts mean jack shit compared to rankings and overall wins over good fighters. charles martin was a world champion and not ranked in the top 8 of the division. stop valuing the wrong things, and stop projecting.

“you’re such a casual! also how many world champs did he fight? and were they undefeated?” <Lmaoo>

again, beating degale and eubank jr >>>>>>> beating the worse dirrell brother and porky medina. that doesn’t even include the classic groves gave us with the first froch fight.

context matters. just not the worthless context you’re creating out of thin air. there are precedents set in ranking fighters, both p4p and intra-weight. who did you beat, when did you beat them, and how did you beat them? that’s all that matters.

I use all those metrics.

again, beating degale and eubank jr >>>>>>> beating the worse dirrell brother and porky medina. that doesn’t even include the classic groves gave us with the first froch fight.

Lets use your own standards here. Degale was only 10-0 when he beat him, after fighting nothing but regional bums, yet apparently that is a high value win? yet you scoff at Benavidez destroying Medina?

The worse Dirrell brother was a double WC (that has value) very experienced 33-1 and unbeaten for 5 years, not only did David beat him he stopped him for the first time ever, (how you beat them matters remember?) so as you can see I gladly use the context you pretend to use and its still comes out in my favor.

There is also the eye test which is subjective but if you have an educated eye like myself, it can be very valuable. When I see guys like BJS, Groves fight I see mediocre level fighters. Callum smith has tools but weak mentality. None even close to elite. Of course to you I'm probably talking Chinese because its like a teacher trying to explain algebra to a half wit.

Last edited:
Maybe Giovani Segura? I guess he’s not “great” in the same sense as Canelo, but that’s a decent example

Maybe Giovani Segura? I guess he’s not “great” in the same sense as Canelo, but that’s a decent example
didn’t he KO marquez at 112? i wouldn’t say he was terrible at 112, just not quite as good.
Maybe not terrible but how about Bob Foster?
ehhhh, again he definitely wasn’t AS good, but he was still a top 6-7 heavyweight when he jumped up. there’s also dozens of great light heavyweights who made great heavyweights. it’s more a bob foster thing than a weight class thing.

bob foster is a great example actually because he was a dominant LHW champion who said “i feel like challenging for the HW belt” and walked into two gigantic matchups against ali and frazier based off his merits at LHW.

Back